Progression systeme

i heared a lot of people complaining about how boring the game became , ofc talking about veterans , including me , im actualy find the game lacking  objectives on your characters , exotic gear is legit same as ascendent , only different is that you get agony resistance , and i heared that anet wanna make it account wide , which is even worst , cause if you get once ascendent gear your legit almost finished in terme of gearing ,  so why not make every expansion a new gear type so people get a fresh experience and find a new reason to grind , which make it more enjoyable , anet right now giving so much priority to new players , which is good but leaving the rest behind ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 43
  • Sad 2

Well you are gonna get bombarded on forums with "no" , "just find what you enjoy this isnt wow with gear treadmill" or how "toxic" it would be.. but i agree for veterans this game lacks of any type of progresion.. hell if not something with a gear they should make tier 5 fractals or anything else like that to make people to progress not with the gear but with content itself.. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 21
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Denver.4621 said:

so why not make every expansion a new gear type so people get a fresh experience and find a new reason to grind , which make it more enjoyable

So every expansion I have to get new legendary armor? No thanks, that’s not enjoyable. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

There are issues with the game, but a new gear type could be a nail in the coffin. As a day one veteran, I agree the emphasis feels like it’s on new players, but a new gear to grind for, that’s a huge No from me. GW2 specifically was designed to avoid that and the ascended rollout a couple of years after launch was so controversial, it would be unwise to repeat that fiasco again for virtually no gain.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Denver.4621 said:

i heared a lot of people complaining about how boring the game became , ofc talking about veterans , including me , im actualy find the game lacking  objectives on your characters , exotic gear is legit same as ascendent , only different is that you get agony resistance , and i heared that anet wanna make it account wide , which is even worst , cause if you get once ascendent gear your legit almost finished in terme of gearing ,  so why not make every expansion a new gear type so people get a fresh experience and find a new reason to grind , which make it more enjoyable , anet right now giving so much priority to new players , which is good but leaving the rest behind ?

Are you really a veteran?  First off, it’s ascended gear, not ascendant. Secondly, there is a stat difference between exotic and ascended gear. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Brilliant idea. Just add a gear treadmill to this game. Why hasn't anyone thought of this idea before? You must be some sort of game design prodigy. Truly amazing that people played this for 10 years despite such a crucial element being missing.

Edited by Khisanth.2948
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 16

6 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Brilliant idea. Just add a gear treadmill to this game. Why hasn't anyone thought of this idea before? You must be some sort of game design prodigy. Truly amazing that people played this for 10 years despite such a crucial element being missing.

Or instead of gear just make content which scales infinitely

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Denver.4621 said:

i heared a lot of people complaining about how boring the game became

I give you the solution, keep progression as it is, but instead of putting everything on the gem store, design some stuff that can be unlockable through achievement playing the game. Like mounts skins. This could even be a good idea to bring dungeons back.

• Like 7
  • Confused 5

While I can't speak for everyone, as a veteran it gets tiresome being predisposed into a heroic murder hobo with the only thing to look forward to is new shinies for 10 years. I'm already set with my builds so new gear isn't much of a motive and I like the horizontal progression. So I'd be peeved if a build I spent gold and several years of experimentation be rendered sup-par out of nowhere. 

What's really lacking is that casual PvE, and PvP/WvW hasn't had any fresh content for a while. Outside of fishing. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Denver.4621 said:

This game is pretty boring. Your suggestion wouldn’t make it any less so. 

However, if you are only playing for rewards, and are willing to grind the game for the rewards, then is the game really that boring?  I mean, how many hours are you willing to sink into boring content for a reward you want?  

Maybe the game isn’t that boring…

You suggest the game is lacking in objectives for your character but we have the Achievements Panel, which gives us a wide variety of things to try and get.  That includes Legendary Armor and Weapons, Armor and Weapon skins, Titles and a variety of other in game items and currencies.  Considering that there are hundreds if not thousands of hours of available playtime based around Achievements, it looks like there is a lot of guidance for player objectives in GW2.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

we have the Achievements Panel, which gives us a wide variety of things to try and get

This is one of the most boring system this game has, not just for the system, but the rewards are pathetic. Sometimes you end up doing a lot of things for just 1 AP, really? Not to mention that it seems like they only add like 2 or 3 achievements that worth doing per expansions. 

• Confused 12

I've never seen the appeal of having to grind for gear (or stats or levels or whatever) in any game. I don't find being told I'm not allowed into the parts of the game I'm interested in until I've repeatedly some other part enough times fun. Yes it means it takes longer to get to the interesting parts, but I don't see that as a good thing. The point of a game is to have fun, not just kill time.

I actually found it quite exciting when I got a character to level 80 and got a full set of exotic equipment (ascended didn't exist then) because it meant I could stop worrying if they were strong enough for what I wanted to do and could just play whatever I felt like, whenever I wanted to. 10 years on I wouldn't want to change that, I like that when an expansion or other new release comes out I can play it at my own pace and focus on the parts which interest me, not repeating each bit until the game has decided I'm ready to carry on.

As other people have mentioned there's a lot of stuff to do in this game. I think it helps that I've never expected it to be my sole source of entertainment, or even my only game, but I've never felt like I didn't have anything to do, usually the only problem is deciding what I feel like doing at the time.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Not grinding for gear is one of GW2's charms.  After playing WoW for a decade, and every expansion doing the mad race to max level and gearing again, GW2 is like fresh air.  Frees up time to do...well...fun stuff for the sake of fun stuff.  Instead of gear, there are new achievements, new infusions, new skins, etc.  Not having to do mandatory content to achieve that is quite nice.  So I think I'll pass on the idea OP.

Edited by Farohna.6247
Oopsie hit enter too soon
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Denver.4621 said:

Errr....

1. Exotic gear stats are not the same as ascended gear stats. Ascended has the same stats as legendary gear. You are confusing these three.
  2. Never was there any rumor of making ascended gear account-wide. Legendary gear has been made account-wide. Again, you are confusing some facts.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Errr....

1. Exotic gear stats are not the same as ascended gear stats. Ascended has the same stats as legendary gear. You are confusing these three.
  2. Never was there any rumor of making ascended gear account-wide. Legendary gear has been made account-wide. Again, you are confusing some facts.

Well teapot speculated that Anet might be looking into it in a recent youtube video of his but there have not been any other talk about account wide agony.

13 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well teapot speculated that Anet might be looking into it in a recent youtube video of his but there have not been any other talk about account wide agony.

Are you talking about Infusions being made account-wide?

Edit: This must be the video you are referring to. I certainly hope those of is who own a dozen full sets of Infusions will get compensated or at least be allowed to sell our attribute infusions if that happens.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

It seems one of B. F. Skinner's pigeons got loose again.  There's more to video games than a Skinner Box.

Also, the actual vertical progression of this game is the skill of the human player, not gear.  Gearing is mindless and actual skill requires cognition and practice.  I'd rather have the cognition.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Are you talking about Infusions being made account-wide?

Edit: This must be the video you are referring to. I certainly hope those of is who own a dozen full sets of Infusions will get compensated or at least be allowed to sell our attribute infusions if that happens.

Yea it was also brought up in a tea time with sneb and two other people.