Leap of Faith is Busted

This skill is routinely landing for 10k+ dmg. This is ridiculous for a fast, relatively low-CD mobility skill that also heals the user and blinds the enemy.  Not even Decapitate hits that hard, and that skill has none of the other perks LoF enjoys.

Some have said this is a bug and that the skill is using the PvE power coeff. Whatever the case, it definitely needs to be toned down.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

@CalmTheStorm.2364 Decapitate is actually a Axe Skill from warr and since warr Main Hand burst Skill is overnerfed it does indeed lower DMG xD. 

Okay Jokes aside.... Still not get why eviscerate or Decapitate are both Deal this Low dmg..... while Just doing DMG and nothing else. I mean I don't get where it is needed to Just Deal only 4-6k meanwhile Things Like ranged dmg skills are allowed to Deal Like 6-10k dmg while also doing blinds sometimes 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

This skill is routinely landing for 10k+ dmg.

No it doesnt. 

• 1.8K Heavy
  • 2.1K Medium
  • 2.4K Light 

This forum needs to stop making stuff up. 10K leap of faith is not happening at all it can crit pretty hard for 6-7K so can half the skills in this game. 

Its also highly telegraphed

SO EASY to dodge.

If your dying to leap of faith this is the prime example of pay attention to your engagements and use your dodges. 

5 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

Things Like ranged dmg skills are allowed to Deal Like 6-10k dmg while also doing blinds sometimes 

Case in point.

5 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

Still not get why eviscerate or Decapitate are both Deal this Low dmg

They need to be buffed. Skills like these should punish you hard for not paying attention. Leap of Faith is no different. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 16
  • Sad 1

And another "nerf willbender" post in disguise, Leave LOF alone, yes it can crit for 10k+ but if theres the slightiest ground lvl it does not hit, also telegraphd asf and if you do nerf everything it has then core guardian and DH just loose. So refrain urselves to ask for willbender to be nerfed instead. Also warrior GS3 EVADES and crits well on over7k with smaller cd. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8

It's wild how asking for telegraphed skills to be nerfed eventually bites everyone in the rear by making their nuke skill vulnerable to nerfs, and how everyone has the same argument for why it shouldn't be nerfed when its their turn.

If it hitting for 10k is ok, then balance the other things that are harder to land with similar cds accordingly.  

If things hitting for 10k are busted in skill situations similar to this, then balance this accordingly. 

If evisc/decap has to hit for 7k, so does this. If that's too nerfed, buff evisc/decap and the other big skills that require full anim commitment.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 2

Considering you have to run guard GS for it (so you are half paper) and its a leap (so landing it is at the mercy of the game)... I dont thinks its anything near OP.

I'm happy when a guard runs GS, they are a free kill with it. GS 5 is the only notable ability, GS 2 also if they manage to immob you.

• Confused 7

7 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

i was wondering too. Its sounds very high. 

i never really thought of that skill as heavy hitter. but 10k is a lot  pvp or pve ?

10k is not even remotely high in PVE in a world where you can crit up to 17k-20k if the dice rolls nicely for you. However, 10k is pretty high in PvP where skill base damages are typically nerfed to make them more balanced.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Dreams.3128 said:

10k is not even remotely high in PVE in a world where you can crit up to 17k-20k if the dice rolls nicely for you. However, 10k is pretty high in PvP where skill base damages are typically nerfed to make them more balanced.

thats why i ask pve or pvp

pvp thats 1 shot some classes almost

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

5 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Considering you have to run guard GS for it (so you are half paper) and its a leap (so landing it is at the mercy of the game)... I dont thinks its anything near OP.

I'm happy when a guard runs GS, they are a free kill with it. GS 5 is the only notable ability, GS 2 also if they manage to immob you.

Personally I don't like how floaty all the big damage skills on guardian are now, till you notice the floaty teleport can get big chunk of HP since the floater skills are really off, you first see the first tick of damage on your HP pool and then you hear the hit register with a terrible and floaty sound queue on top of Particle vomit. Leap of faith is probably the least interesting skill that you can complain about from all the mechanical nonsense on guardian.
Then again it is not only guardian having kitten weightless skills that do allot of things while others have 2 year cast time to do 1/10 of the same thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Then again it is not only guardian having kitten weightless skills that do allot of things while others have 2 year cast time to do 1/10 of the same thing.

The worst one of these is definitvely thief #3 d/p. It has unkblockable + tp + big damage (3-4K) + blind + 0 cast time + range + spammable

Edited by Eugchriss.2046
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

This is the kind of thread that led CC to have a 0.01 coefficient.

This should have never happened in the first place.

6 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Are you really trying to push us toward a "movement skills now all have a 0.01 coefficient in PvP"?

However, if CCs are supposed to deal 0.01 coefficient, then is it not fair for things like Blinds and healing abilities to also have 0.01 coefficients?

Yes, but then we move to a meta that resembles a bunker meta solely because nobody has enough skills that can damage the target enough to kill them.

So, just un-nerf the hard CCs and heavy hitters that got nerfed in Feb2020 and bring back the tanky amulets.

• Thanks 5

Comparing skills to other classes is a pointless endeavor. Each class has other mechanics to accompany their skills that change the dynamic of the overall picture.

That said, most guardians building to hit that hard (and yes they absolutely can hit harder than that 10k) will blow up to mild counterpressure. Willbender, if played well, can utilize this far beyond any other guardian by leveraging their mobility to afford a drastic drop in DPS by pressuring you to use your defenses then killing you in any one burst.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

21 hours ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

No it doesnt. 

• 1.8K Heavy
  • 2.1K Medium
  • 2.4K Light 

This forum needs to stop making stuff up. 10K leap of faith is not happening at all it can crit pretty hard for 6-7K so can half the skills in this game. 

Its also highly telegraphed

SO EASY to dodge.

If your dying to leap of faith this is the prime example of pay attention to your engagements and use your dodges. 

Case in point.

They need to be buffed. Skills like these should punish you hard for not paying attention. Leap of Faith is no different. 

Actually you are very wrong.

leap of faith on my core guard build hits often for 8k and on a willbender build can actually often hit for 10k.

not saying these numbers always land but your numbers are wildly inaccurate.

before you ask I’ve been one of the few ppl playing guard, often in the plat3 range, I know exactly what I’m talking about.

leap of faith is 100% the best skill on guard rn, the next being symbols. Though I wouldn’t say it’s busted because even builds using it are not such..

Edited by RedAvenged.5217
Auto correct issue
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

@RedAvenged.5217 This poster @bethekey.8314 Presented evidence that disproves what I believed to be a fact so I was wrong. He showed 11k for LOF which is higher than what the OP was claiming.  So with the new information I am adjusting my point of view.

11K is too high - However I am leary that adjustments from Anet often lead to the absolute destruction of skills - so retuning it to something in the 7.5k area seems right. 

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6