Equality for ALL accounts!!

4 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Not sure if trolling or serious...

Ikr. If this is serious, I wonder what such peoples see in the mirror when they wake up. A person who is able to waste and have so much free time, that they decide to log into the forum, and fight for equality of... character slots and imaginary points in a kitty game... A GAME. Of all the things that are there to fight for, or even deciding to go waste time to play another nice game, or eat some delicious chicken parma, or take doggo for a walk, their priorities in life at that moment are this little unimportant details in some game. I simply refuse to belive it. Humanity couldn't fall that low, could it?

• Like 7

21 hours ago, LSD.4673 said:

GW2 genuinely has the most entitled playerbase. 

"why old accounts have more AP than new?"

"why i can't strike CM in soldiers gear reaper???"

I need to post this in my little signature box. This speaks the truth on so many levels.

• Like 4

"Yada yada old players don't matter!" Are we veterans really the entitled ones? Seems to me that it's the OP who is the entitled one and thinks that everything is centered around him. And if you think we got everything for free, them maybe you should pay the full price for all the games, like most of us did:

- 60 euros for Vanilla

- 60 euros for Heart of Thorns

- 30 euros for Path of Fire

- 30 euros for End of Dragons

So that's 180 euros or nearly 200 dollars. Which one of us paid more, when it comes to the game's content (not counting gems) ?

Sooooo yeaaaah dunno how you can flame and say that veterans are the entitled ones. Seems the other way around. This really seems like a troll post.

Edited by Crono.4197
small typo
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

The game was designed & intended to have like a "Living World" system, with once in a lifetime special events & stuff. The Southsun Karka Living World early game event is an example of one of those that was never meant to be activated again once it's cycle had completed. That's what the "Living World" phrase was intended to mean way back then.

• Like 4

On 4/9/2023 at 5:36 PM, Zephire.8049 said:

I have 52 characters because I like alts, but unless you're into them for fashion or other personal reasons, you really don't need 69-72. You only need 9 for all classes or 18 if you want both genders for each class. It only gets up to 90 if you want one of each race for every profession and both genders to boot.

If you simply want to make gold, an alt account for login rewards and to double up on account-wide parking spots is much, much more lucrative.

But I was reminded that instead of equality, equity would be better for achievements. Don't remove AP from people to make things equal (I don't know if the system would allow that much AP to be removed, either, between not being able to re-lock skins and how some AP thresholds reward gems) but give people who missed achievements a chance to get that AP elsewhere if they so choose.

I'd say 18 is a solid number to stop on.
Maaaaybe 27 (3 of each class)

Reason being is that 9 can be dedicated to wvw builds either zerg v zerg or roaming and you can dump all your boosters on them and just pause that when logging out to play pve. The other 18 can then be used in pve.  Granted, you might not need 18 now and only 9 due to fractals and raids now sharing basically the same builds.

• Like 2

On 4/9/2023 at 4:32 AM, jerry.5017 said:

I want this to be fair. Even i have some old achivements like ftom tutorials and annual festivals. Please REMOVE THEM FROM ME!! Make them not count as points. Either as seperate rankings and leaderboards or no points at all.

Does anybody actually care about AP leaderboards/rankings that much that they're worried about missing retired and TUTORIAL achievements of all things? This has got to be a troll post...

Edited by Poormany.4507
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 4/9/2023 at 2:32 AM, jerry.5017 said:

I 've had enough with this disgrace of a progression system in this game. Why do old account get more stuff than new ones? This looks like it was made by slave owners who only help their veteran friends. New players pay the bills and old ones play for free in a game others pay for them which is OK on it's own. But it's not ok when new players can't compete with old accounts because of removed content.
Lets analyze this. 
Old accounts have achivement points unobtainable by new. WRONG!! They should get the achivement not the points.The best solution would be to make those points a different category that DO NOT STACK with normal achivements. So people can compete on an even plain field.
Old accounts can have up to 72 character slots. Not only 69!

To sum up in only play 3 years but i got all the legendaries and done every content. So the only way to progress now is to compete with others on stuff. So if no matter how good i am i can not catch up i ll just move to another game which will be fair to both new and old players.
I want this to be fair. Even i have some old achivements like ftom tutorials and annual festivals. Please REMOVE THEM FROM ME!! Make them not count as points. Either as seperate rankings and leaderboards or no points at all.

This sounds pretty serious. 🍿

• Haha 3

Yes, I agree. Players that do more should have better accounts. So players that have played consistently for AP for the last 10 years of the game should have better accounts than a guy who's only done that for 3 years. It's not the older player's fault that you only just started playing, my dude. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/9/2023 at 4:39 PM, vares.8457 said:

No one really cares about achievement points, no need to change anything. 

I totally disagree on this. Say that to those elitists in all my three maxed level guilds.

In short, you are totally being judged by your APs by most players especially those who think they are better than you just because they spent 10 hours a day grinding achievements 😅

Edited by Min Min.9368
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 2

On 4/9/2023 at 9:32 AM, jerry.5017 said:

I 've had enough with this disgrace of a progression system in this game. Why do old account get more stuff than new ones? This looks like it was made by slave owners who only help their veteran friends. New players pay the bills and old ones play for free in a game others pay for them which is OK on it's own. But it's not ok when new players can't compete with old accounts because of removed content.
Lets analyze this. 
Old accounts have achivement points unobtainable by new. WRONG!! They should get the achivement not the points.The best solution would be to make those points a different category that DO NOT STACK with normal achivements. So people can compete on an even plain field.
Old accounts can have up to 72 character slots. Not only 69!

To sum up in only play 3 years but i got all the legendaries and done every content. So the only way to progress now is to compete with others on stuff. So if no matter how good i am i can not catch up i ll just move to another game which will be fair to both new and old players.

Apologies, late to the party.

Please send me your most valuable stuff when you leave

Much love 😘

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Min Min.9368 said:

I totally disagree on this. Say that to those elitists in all my three maxed level guilds.

In short, you are totally being judged by your APs by most players, especially those who think they are elitists. Period.

I have never been judged because of my AP.  Most players simply don’t care about them. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

The game is completely fair. We all started from level 1. We all had the choice to buy the expansions. We all had the choice play or not play. We all had equal opportunity to play the game. As for achievements - I just try to get what I can. There are a lot out there to get and some that are tough to get. I get the ones I want to take the time on. So the game is very fair for everyone. I've been in this game since beta 1, plus played GW1 since beta - Us "Old" players have put in the time and effort and have earned what we got. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Min Min.9368 said:

Say that to those elitists in all my three maxed level guilds.

Why are you in those guilds then, if you consider them to be "elitists"?

People don't judge your skill level by your amount of AP but simply your level of experience. That said, many APs don't always equal tons of experience, because some people don't learn even when they progress and achieve a lot of their stuff only through the help of others. That's why people in endgame content ask for KP and not for AP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Min Min.9368 said:

In short, you are totally being judged by your APs by most players especially those who think they are better than you just because they spent 10 hours a day grinding achievements 😅

I don't think "most players judging you by your ap" is anywhere remotely close to the reality. If anything, judging someone by their ap is barely met.
Apparently you're joining guilds and then expect those guilds to change to fit specifically your needs -but that's not how it works. Not that I ever experienced guilds like that, but if you somehow managed to find 3 unicorns like that at once then just move to different guilds.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

On 4/9/2023 at 1:32 AM, jerry.5017 said:

Unless you have all other AP in the game, so that only those missing AP are holding you back, why does it matter?  If you’re so keen on keeping up with veteran players that have those “extra” AP, surely your AP would be fairly high. 

• Like 3

On 4/10/2023 at 3:38 AM, Biziut.3594 said:

Humanity couldn't fall that low, could it?

Of course it can, you just need to look around at the news from time to time.Went you think you've reach the bottom of the barrel you'll discover that someone has figured out how to bore a hole through and keep going.

Fortunately that is also balanced by people who would go way above and beyond in the other direction.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Of course it can, you just need to look around at the news from time to time.Went you think you've reach the bottom of the barrel you'll discover that someone has figured out how to bore a hole through and keep going.

Fortunately that is also balanced by people who would go way above and beyond in the other direction.

Well, that's exactly the reason why I stopped watching the news.

• Like 2