You will NEVER have playable Tengu.

I don't see them doing any playable race that requires them to redo all voice lines and/or make a new starter area and personal story. It's just too much work for something too few players will enjoy.

If it was just creating a new playable character model and tossing it into the game we would have gotten it already years ago.

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826
  • Like 2

On 4/25/2023 at 2:20 AM, Aodlop.1907 said:

Guild Wars 3 is not happening either my friend.

I mean yes the statement is conditional on GW3 even happening.

But that is a separate if/then branch. My point is primarily that they are definitely not happening in GW2. The amount of effort they would need for overhauls like that (along with other huge proposals such as new weapons, new professions, controller-based gameplay, upgrade to graphics engine), amounts to so much that they would just invest the resources into GW3 instead.

Edited by Batalix.2873
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Since they're switching to the mini-expac model,  the chances of playable Tengu went even further down than the already extremely low chance they had. I doubt they would (or would even be able to) pack that big of a gamechanging feature into a mini-expac while simultaneously working on the next mini-expac to launch right after the previous one  as they said they would try to do. The probability of playable Tengu in GW2 at this point is pretty much 0.

Maybe in GW3 in 5-10+years (if ever)...

• Like 1