what's yall thoughts on the new Eagle Eye Weapon Skins from the 80$ Deluxe preorder edition?

I don't love them, but they're ok. I just don't have a character that they would look right on.  I picked the scepter just because I don't have a lot of scepter skins.  The mount I rather like, and am using.  I like the swishy feathers and it dyes nicely.  The emote is kind of cool, even though I'm not a big collector of them.  

If those don't appeal to you, and aren't important, then don't pay for the deluxe.  

I like them more than the Flame Serpent.  I chose pistol because it's so rare to get a pistol-sized pistol in this game rather than a giant hand cannon.  I actually dropped my HOPE skin on Donari to use this instead.

I will always like elegantly slender weapons more than big honking surfboards.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

PoF pre-purchase included a free sunspear weapon, EoD pre-purchase included a free flame serpent weapon. I assume these are the same and they will be a widely available weapon set in SotO, so I wouldn't worry too much about them. If you like them you'll be able to get a lot more once the expansion is out and if you don't like them it's just another weapon set.

My way of deciding if something is worth buying is to add up what I'd pay for all the parts I want and this is one of the items I won't include in that calculation. I assume I'll get more than one free (as in for no additional cost, I realise I have to buy the expansion to play it) once SotO is out so I wouldn't pay to get one a bit early.

I think the weapon skins themselves look ok. I like the pistol and rifle, but I'll probably get the shield first because it's perfect for my guardian.

Edited by Danikat.8537

15 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

what's yall thoughts on the new Eagle Eye Weapon Skins from the 80$ Deluxe preorder edition?

They are available for the Standard Edition as well, you know? 😉

Design-wise they seem to combine a weird mix of a modern and an Egyptian design, but what really bothers me is that texture-wise they look like they're made of shiny plastic. :classic_huh:

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Yes. It is the preorder bonus I think. Therefor available on all editions. I think this will be a black lion weapons set that gets released later? Don't look that bad. I generally don't care about most expensive/special skins though. There are enough ingame skins from karma/drop vendors that I like.

This one ... I got the short bow which (I think) is the new weapon for engineer (which is my main).

I would like the design team for the black lion statutte items to have a talk to the design team for the weapons collections.

Each of the unioque weapons is clearly crafted with such love and attention to detail. But many of the weapon collections released in the last year have been completely phoned in. This one included. Can we just please get ONE good looking axe in the game already? Aside from the Boreal ones, I am still using the Stygian Axe skin on most of my characters and it has been around since Guild Wars 1!

Edited by Helliwolf the KrimsonKnight.6523
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Helliwolf the KrimsonKnight.6523 said:

I would like the design team for the black lion statutte items to have a talk to the design team for the weapons collections.

Each of the unioque weapons is clearly crafted with such love and attention to detail. But many of the weapon collections released in the last year have been completely phoned in. This one included. Can we just please get ONE good looking axe in the game already? Aside from the Boreal ones, I am still using the Stygian Axe skin on most of my characters and it has been around since Guild Wars 1!

I think it's the same people. I don't think Anet have ever mentioned having seperate teams of artists designing stuff for the gem store or black lion chests.

I suspect the artists just design weapon sets and then someone assigns them to different places, either based on what they think they're most suitable for or what needs a new weapon set next.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2023 at 3:05 PM, Knighthonor.4061 said:

My personal opinion, the skins arent all that interesting. But whats yall opinion on them?

They're as plain as any preorder weapon skin from the past 2 expansions, nothing to really discuss. 

• Sad 1

It's okay, not too shabby but not too good either, but it will be the same as the Flame Serpent weapon was for EoD, these weps will 100% be a common drops, that's the most meh part about the pre-order stuff to get a common weapon drop, lol.

Just to have it a few weeks before to show-off? 

Edited by TwistedAlga.4235
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...