Relics will reduce build diversity

Yes the Relic choices so far are very lackluster. The system feels super rushed.  

- Several power damage options that approximately average out to 5% strike damage.  

- Several Condi duration options that give you a total of 15% duration.  

- Several boon application options mainly from your heal skill.  

- A bunch of horrible proc effects on elite skill use, all with a 30 second cooldown.  

Did I miss anything?  66% speed increase that doesn’t work anyone?

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I mean pretty much everyone chose scholar runes before, so at least with the relics there is just a little more choice. I'm sure Anet will tweak the current relics and make some more viable, as there are interesting concepts attached to them. The biggest issue to me is the fact so many of these are attached to elite skills. That needs to change.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

41 minutes ago, ProfCarson.7124 said:

I mean pretty much everyone chose scholar runes before, so at least with the relics there is just a little more choice. I'm sure Anet will tweak the current relics and make some more viable, as there are interesting concepts attached to them. The biggest issue to me is the fact so many of these are attached to elite skills. That needs to change.

Perhaps in PvE...there used to be much more rune diversity in WvW until now.  Runes I've used in WvW include: Pack, Brawler, Durability, Ogre, Eagle, Dolyak, Mercy, Speed, Trooper, Fireworks and Water, off the top of my head.  Some of these combined with the related relic are still usable, but some relics have been gutted with the change in their effects or how they proc, or they are simply no longer available...whether that is temporary or permanent remains to be seen.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Boh.4568 said:

But everyone has chosen scholar as meta up till now. What changed?

I used to have Flame Legion on my celestial reaper with Dhuumfire, which gave me +7% on burning foes. After this patch, the whole thing poof, went to the bin. The rune set itself is unusable now for my build (or anyone at this point). There's no replacement relic for this effect. I had to replace everything with Scholar and the Thief relic (Reaper could be also is an option, I use three shouts).

So... what changed really?

• Like 3
  • Confused 2