Oct 17th Patch Notes changes for WvW

XenesisII.1540

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/139015-game-update-notes-october-17-2023/

Looks like a dev has been secretly reading the wvw forums for a change. Let's see if the blob lag issues go away now.

General

• Relic of Leadership: Fixed an issue that caused this relic to convert more conditions than intended.

Necromancer

• Death Nova: Increased the minion summoning interval from 3 seconds to 15 seconds in WvW only. Reduced the power coefficient from 0.6 to 0.3 in WvW only.
  • Summon Madness: Reduced the number of minions summoned from 8 to 4 in WvW only.

Reaper

• "Rise!": Reduced the maximum number of targets from 2 to 1 in WvW only.

Soulbeast

• One Wolf Pack: Reduced the duration from 8 seconds to 6 seconds in WvW only. Increased the strike interval from 0.25 seconds to 0.5 seconds in WvW only. Reduced the power coefficient from 0.63 to 0.5 in WvW only.

Untamed

• Let Loose: This trait no longer grants fury in PvP and WvW.
  • Multishot: Fixed a bug that allowed this skill to be fired behind the user.

Revenant

• Mist Swing: Reduced the maximum number of targets from 5 to 3.
  • Mist Slash: Reduced the maximum number of targets from 5 to 3.
  • Arcing Mists: Reduced the maximum number of targets from 5 to 3.
  • True Strike: Reduced the power coefficient per block stack from 0.3 to 0.05 in WvW only.

Thief

• Swindler's Equilibrium: Fixed an issue that prevented this trait from properly reducing the recharge of Steal.

Berserker

• Blood Reaction: Reduced the precision-to-ferocity conversion from 10% to 5% in WvW only.
  • Fatal Frenzy: Reduced the power bonus from 300 to 150 in WvW only.

World vs. World

• Added an exotic back item and heavy, medium, and light aquatic headgear to the TEID-07 Unified Vendor System vendor in WvW.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect map queue numbers to be displayed.
  • Fixed an issue that caused "Queue is ready" pop-ups to disappear after loading screens.
  • Fixed an issue that caused queue slots to be held longer than expected after players selected Reenter Queue or Leave Queue.

2 years and 8 betas, queue problems finally fixed? We shall see...

• Like 2

Rise nerf was overdue though it would have been nice if they actually fixed the servers, though I suppose lamers going to lame with the exploits.

I didn't realize untamed needed a nerf? Almost like never see them anywhere. And honestly outside of that annoying green thing they do, I probably can't even identify a untamed.

One Wolf Pack nerf? I guess but I feel like we should have done one nerf at a time instead of 3.

Berserker damage because its damage was untouchable in zergs. However, making across the board nerfs instead of nerfing offending skills seems to be really common with them.  Anet's balance with Warrior is almost never right, always ranging from broken to useless (See, winds of disenchantment) so we shall see.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 3

Nice. They nerfed Berserker and Soulbeast burst. Nice patch.

I do think One Wolf Pack nerf is poorly managed and the skill definitely shouldn't have been made worse with all weapons, only multihit ones (LB2, WH4, Axe5).

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Looks like a dev has been secretly reading the wvw forums for a change. Let's see if the blob lag issues go away now.

General

• Relic of Leadership: Fixed an issue that caused this relic to convert more conditions than intended.

Necromancer

• Death Nova: Increased the minion summoning interval from 3 seconds to 15 seconds in WvW only. Reduced the power coefficient from 0.6 to 0.3 in WvW only.
  • Summon Madness: Reduced the number of minions summoned from 8 to 4 in WvW only.

Reaper

Soulbeast

• One Wolf Pack: Reduced the duration from 8 seconds to 6 seconds in WvW only. Increased the strike interval from 0.25 seconds to 0.5 seconds in WvW only. Reduced the power coefficient from 0.63 to 0.5 in WvW only.

Untamed

Revenant

• True Strike: Reduced the power coefficient per block stack from 0.3 to 0.05 in WvW only.

Thief

• Swindler's Equilibrium: Fixed an issue that prevented this trait from properly reducing the recharge of Steal.

Berserker

• Blood Reaction: Reduced the precision-to-ferocity conversion from 10% to 5% in WvW only.

World vs. World

• Added an exotic back item and heavy, medium, and light aquatic headgear to the TEID-07 Unified Vendor System vendor in WvW.
  • Fixed an issue that caused "Queue is ready" pop-ups to disappear after loading screens.
  • Fixed an issue that caused queue slots to be held longer than expected after players selected Reenter Queue or Leave Queue.

Good catch, hadn't made it to notes yet today so thanks! Will have to see on the queue bugs, this impacts one of them but not certain on the rest, but let's see. Not sure it addresses one of the biggest being reset queues that will never clear when more than one player is assigned the same sequence number. One will get in the rest just get bypassed until they requeue. Popup bug is hopefully a go.

Adding in the backpieces and breather was asked for and is a good change for new players and for slack veterans that just skip that piece out of habits.

Berserkers were dominating the meta because they were the only class capable of dealing any damage. Now, the game's ttk will rise again, increasing the problems we already had with unkillable blobs, not only because now there will have less damage to hit them but because they will use more heralds and DHs which add much more sustain to their comps.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, LordHT.8297 said:

Berserkers were dominating the meta because they were the only class capable of dealing any damage. Now, the game's ttk will rise again, increasing the problems we already had with unkillable blobs, not only because now there will have less damage to hit them but because they will use more heralds and DHs which add much more sustain to their comps.

Dominating? I actually like playing my Berserker since there weren't as many compared to the other Elites and core out there. This change won't make me play it less. Seems like one of those your mileage will vary I guess from server to server.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, LordHT.8297 said:

Berserkers were dominating the meta because they were the only class capable of dealing any damage.

Met a spellbreaker today that took me down from 20K->2K HP within a couple of seconds during a stun... on 3200 armor.

Guess TTK will go through the roof with berserker nerfed 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

General

No devs read the WvW forums--you open your post with a literal sPvP issue that had a huge thread on it, don't remember seeing anything about it in the WvW forums.

Maybe Rev and Necro changes targeted at WvW blobbing, but the rest are just sPvP holdovers they copy / pasted to WvW to make it look like they did something.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

5 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

No devs read the WvW forums--you open your post with a literal sPvP issue that had a huge thread on it, don't remember seeing anything about it in the WvW forums.

Maybe Rev and Necro changes targeted at WvW blobbing, but the rest are just sPvP holdovers they copy / pasted to WvW to make it look like they did something.

Are you just looking for something to complain about today?

I opened my post about blob lag issues, is that a spvp issue? is that in the spvp forums?

The patch notes I listed in order, removing all spvp changes, and leaving the ones have no specifics so they are a general changes for all modes, and the wvw changes.

Welcome to my ignore list, don't forget to keep posting confused emotes. 🙄

P.S for the record, things mentioned in the wvw forums, death nova, rise in regards to the blob lag, one wolf pack, and queue problems.

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Are you just looking for something to complain about today?

I opened my post about blob lag issues, is that a spvp issue? is that in the spvp forums?

The patch notes I listed in order, removing all spvp changes, and leaving the ones have no specifics so they are a general changes for all modes, and the wvw changes.

Welcome to my ignore list, don't forget to keep posting confused emotes. 🙄

You can be mad all you want, but that doesn't mean devs read these forums.  Or that the WvW changes are anything more than lazily copied sPvP changes.  

There's also nothing mentioned about 'blob lag' issues--only random queue bug fixes I assume is meant for whenever they get around to making the world restructuring permanent.  

So doubtful anything lag related was resolved.  

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

General

Necromancer

Reaper

Soulbeast

Untamed

Revenant

Thief

Berserker

World vs. World

Thank you very much for working on those!  

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

You can be mad all you want, but that doesn't mean devs read these forums.  Or that the WvW changes are anything more than lazily copied sPvP changes.  

There's also nothing mentioned about 'blob lag' issues--only random queue bug fixes I assume is meant for whenever they get around to making the world restructuring permanent.  

So doubtful anything lag related was resolved.  

Not sure I agree here. I don't visit the sPvP forums much since they are even worse about asking for changes and then when they get them they are woe is me posts. There have been a lot of lag posts pointing to Necro skills and minions as being the issue. I didn't test this but have seen the various threads indicating the idea was a potential in increasing latency so I could see ANet looking into this after all the various threads. Now did they? Did they find it as an issue? I don't know, but it has popped up in this subforum a number of times, so that is a fairball.

• Like 4

Seems like a patch aimed at large scale fights. 

I'm amazed players are still wondering about no balance around solo or small scale WvW content. It's simple:

- small scale basically shows up in the metrics. 

- small scale affects a significantly smaller amount of players than blob

Are celestial harbinger and willbenders an issue in small scale? Maybe, some other builds are close to as oppressive if played well.

Are celestial harbinger and willbender an issue in large scale? Hardly, they are non existant.

I like the new more tempered approach to balance. That arc divider nerf could have been a lot bigger. The revenant greatsword nerf actually opens up sword+x combos.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Not sure I agree here. I don't visit the sPvP forums much since they are even worse about asking for changes and then when they get them they are woe is me posts. There have been a lot of lag posts pointing to Necro skills and minions as being the issue. I didn't test this but have seen the various threads indicating the idea was a potential in increasing latency so I could see ANet looking into this after all the various threads. Now did they? Did they find it as an issue? I don't know, but it has popped up in this subforum a number of times, so that is a fairball.

He tried to nitpick one patch note change to lay claim for a nerf, to try and discredit the claim of anet reading the wvw forums, when there's multiple items in the notes that have been talked about in the wvw forums for 6 months, one of which is still on the front page.

There's some absolute durians in these forums some days.

• Like 1

I never use minions on my builds but it seems a bit odd that if the problem is minions=lag then the solution is to nerf the skill without compensation, as if the problem was minions=OP.

I don't think anyone thought RISE's problem was having to kill one extra almost-zero HP minion, when most other classes have entire seconds of invulnerability to any attack/condi/cc no matter how many people in the zerg are hitting them,

3 hours ago, Boh.4568 said:

I don't think anyone thought RISE's problem was having to kill one extra almost-zero HP minion, when most other classes have entire seconds of invulnerability to any attack/condi/cc no matter how many people in the zerg are hitting them,

Rise's problem is the sudden spike in the number of server-side damage calculations for each individual "combat participant", not how easy they are to kill.  That's what causes the server to lag, no different from if they were to raise the map caps.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, asterix.9614 said:

Willbender and harb are obviously untouched. Yep, nerf ranger and warrior, because 💩 and giggles.

OWP was the only thing that made fighting willbenders, harbs and eles bearable as a soulbeast.

They could have waited until those were nerfed before gutting it.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, LordHT.8297 said:

They're dominating the meta because scorched earth hits 25 targets and NOTHING else does.  Everyone else is like "pew pew 1 target" or "tiny plink on 3, 5, or maybe 10" if lucky.  Scorched earth is an outlier.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1