Studio Update: Guild Wars 2 in Autumn and Winter 2023

Nice. I hope the public rifts will work better than the public strikes which died almost immediately after release and became exclusive to squads. Not a major issue, but it was pointless having the public option

Otherwise, looking forward to the next chapter and I still love that music!

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 4

Sometimes I feel masochistic and read these kind of posts.

Why do people feel the need to complain beforehand? Is it the lasr generation(s) who are just used to get all they want without any effort?

Wait until the next chapter, play it and THEN complain if it is not to your liking.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Beowulf.5739 said:

Why do people feel the need to complain beforehand? Is it the lasr generation(s) who are just used to get all they want without any effort?

Wait until the next chapter, play it and THEN complain if it is not to your liking.

I have read it, and it doesn't adress anything I've expressed since the release of that content. Thus, I feel no obligation to give it any more time than I have already given to it by expressing my feedback post release.

I'm not disliking the post or anything, merely stating the fact that the game no longer seems interested in having me play it. I haven't played since SoTo released and the post doesn't give me any reason to engage with it, since it's basically a "Everything going on schedule" post. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 6

3 minutes ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Whoa! You're going fast! I just finished the story, map completion, strikes, meta achievements and masteries.

Looks like I'm not getting much of a break before the next map. Let's see how many of the missing achievements I can complete before the next chapter drops.

i thought u are (paste account name here)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Beowulf.5739 said:

Well i dont know what effort lies behind opening the pocket and buying a product or whatever u mean with effort but if they complain beforehand it seems like its the exact opposite of that they would be used to get all they want.
I mean if they complain beforehand then they (players complaining beforehand) would rather be used to not getting what they want instead of getting what they want right? at least that would just be logical.

Also they (the writer(s) of the article which is linked, who i guess represents the anet team at this point) literally said that "As always, we appreciate your feedback beforehand". You can read it somewhere in the text where the link of the OP leads to.
So there is obviously being positive and also negative feedback. People can say what they like or dont like, they literally said they would like to hear it.

The same way as i can tell you something about the new weapons about what i like and dont like.
my fav class is engineer. I will get shortbow as a new weapon:

I tell you this kinda disappointed me. I mean shortbow on all classes is condi based, but dont i already have pistol as condi range weapon on engi? What we lack is a condi melee weapon since mace is utter trash since the confusion nerf. And if its power shortbow then also why? we just have 1 condi weapon (pistol) and 3 power weapons (hammer, rifle and sword). Also rifle is already a range power weapon.
So whatever kind of shortbow i will get, i will be disappointed. I mean...unless its melee condi shortbow i guess, but thats just strange and very unlikely.
But what i like is that we at least get any new weapons, even tho some old ones could need a decent buff. I kinda like the idea of pistol on ele because i like the idea of gunmage (tho of course some others may not like it). And thats how it works, if someone doesnt like the idea of gunmage on ele then ofc he is already disappointed and at this point he should also have the right to say that.

And the same way the other one(s) above may already know they will get disappointed.

I mean you can say i should try shortbow first before i create an opinion, but even if i will like it, i will still seach for a condi melee on my engi to use. And thats why i am already disappointed by their weapon-choice for engineer, because i will probably never get to use a condi melee on engi unless they heavily buff maces condi damage.

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

The latest studio update is available now

Read about the next major Secrets of the Obscure update (coming November 7), the next skills and balance update, and more!

bb142WizardsVaultQR1.jpg

Hi Rubi!

I have a few questions in regards to the studio update if you are able to answer them.

Is the Oneiros-Spun armor set the next set in the Arcanum of Astral Armor collection?

This armor set was mentioned along with the Strike CM announcement for CO. Does this mean that the Strike CMs will be required for it? If so, please reconsider that approach as the Obsidian Armor set was billed as being an open world set requiring open world gameplay. It would run counter to that if Strike CMs were required.

In Update 2, it lists Obsidian Armor Tier 1, with Tier 2 listed in Update 3. Is Tier 1 the last armor set for the Arcanum of Astral Armor collection or is it really two different tiers of legendary armor? If it is two different tiers, then will Tier 1 be a component to the Tier 2? Will it be a simple upgrade, or will there be a separate grind associated with it?

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Beowulf.5739 said:

"Kids these days!" *Angrily shakes cane*

No way that this has nothing to do with our ability to provide immediate feedback based on new information presented. No way does it have anything to do with how the average person would provide negative feedback if they react negatively, and no feedback if reacting positively ("no news is good news" is an old saying, right?).

And this feedback is important to Anet and other developers. Even though we don't have a demo/test product available to us now, knowing what's coming next and how it may be delivered is important to us. We then react appropriately based on emotion. This reaction can help Anet (or other devs) adjust content, curb expectations, and answer questions.

Plus, it's discussion in general about this topic. There's bound to be both negativity (past experiences on how feedback is handled) or positivity (new story!).

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

I hope they make clear when the "time limit" to be elegible for rune "compensation" is for people like me who are crafting them, and that they block rift hunting when a meta is active in a map (saves maybe the SotO ones). Some QoL changes, long and wide suggested in forums, would be nice, too. And the skill balancing (a.k.a. nerfs) scares me, like always...

But above everything else, I hope this is just the prologue for a brand new arc with at least the same narrative quality of long past stories, I feel the world and story building has decayed a lot since IBS, and EotD was anticlimatic. I'd like more of the fantasy woe of the beginning, and less real life matters. More world building and myth/legend and less of a soap opera. Will we visit the Mists Nightfall style someday?

Anyway, I will still enjoy and bet for this game. After ten years. I hope it improves and this new funding design works. Looking forward to see the next update.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Seeing that we're getting Dungeon Rush makes me so happy.

BUT. ANet PLEASE for gods sake you have to fix at least a few of the dungeon bugs. When we had the fractal rush event it was such a kitten show because you didn't fix the fractal bugs yet. In fact, you still haven't fixed all the bugs on 100 that you said you were fixing. Also, please give us the rush boxes back. This years fractal rush was awful because there was no reward, you only got some stupid relics that I already have too many of, and some wizard vault currency that I don't care about. Why did you have to remove the boxes? Grinding fractals for those rare infusions is what motivated me to do it. VERY few people do dungeons regularly nowadays, you think 100 wizard vault currency is gonna make people flock outside dungeons for a week? Pfft.

If you're going to do a dungeon rush at least give us worthwhile UNIQUE rewards, otherwise you might as well not do it at all.

Edited by Jokuc.3478
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 8

3 hours ago, Beowulf.5739 said:

Funny how i hear every single update that people need to wait just one update more to start complaining. And when then they complain, they get told the very same thing once again. I mean, why someone needs to wait for some unspecified future (which will never come, because there always be "next chapter" they should be waiting for) when they see problems now?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

Why wintersday start week after than to previous year? .. This ruin my whole plan with my story what i prepared.

I hunt for Wintersday Choose Your Own Appearance Package and Gem Aura outfit and hope it will be sooner than 12 december ... i asking for it already 1,5 month here on forum. If i will not get it i will be huge dissapointed.

Edited by Mirror.3521
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

Looking forward to the new seasonal rewards in the vault. Also the weapon beta. Dungeon rush hopefully will run for a bit longer than the fractal rush. Taking into account that dungeons are a bit longer in duration. Still have only played fractals and the 3 easier strikes ... out of the instanced group content. And hopefully this will bring a lot of completion here for me. With the story mode not even done and a few AP still left to get there + skin sets that need to be finished. (Done a lot with PvP already though.)

Need to unlock that dungeon vendors to be able to spend the ton of currency that gathered up from PvP lol. 😄

Nice changes. I expect the updates to the SotO to be not that big though. (With only one part of 1 last map being released.) And the focus on the other stuff now. Gameplay additions like the new relics. CMs for the strikes and stuff. Fits well with the higher density of other events (after Halloween soon Wintersday already) and should be not too much to handle. But still enough to be busy.

3 hours ago, Knight.6914 said:

I hope they make clear when the "time limit" to be elegible for rune "compensation" is for people like me who are crafting them, and that they block rift hunting when a meta is active in a map (saves maybe the SotO ones). Some QoL changes, long and wide suggested in forums, would be nice, too. And the skill balancing (a.k.a. nerfs) scares me, like always...

But above everything else, I hope this is just the prologue for a brand new arc with at least the same narrative quality of long past stories, I feel the world and story building has decayed a lot since IBS, and EotD was anticlimatic. I'd like more of the fantasy woe of the beginning, and less real life matters. More world building and myth/legend and less of a soap opera. Will we visit the Mists Nightfall style someday?

Anyway, I will still enjoy and bet for this game. After ten years. I hope it improves and this new funding design works. Looking forward to see the next update.

Since they have not mentioned anything about a time limit why do forum posters rhink there is one on the legendary rune compensation?

Its not like the recipes to craft said runes have changed in any  way.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1