[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

On 7/28/2021 at 8:31 PM, hugo.4705 said:

Make eod aurene legendaries a black lion set, and start designing REAL legendaries. No to legendary aurene cult.

Agreed. Basically it’s like you robbed the dragons lair… aka our friend… and stole all of its weaponry and said AHA!!! We struck all the legendaries in the world from this dragon. Booooooring. 
sloppy. Not creative. Undesirable.

Edited by Kameko.8314
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

This is a QoL regarding https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us aka gw2 support.

1- The players should be able to delete their message or edit them. It shouldn't be fixed in stone once you send one.

2- When there is an update from a member of the support team of any nature should be indicated: E:G : Tom read your replies. The team in charge of purchases is contacted. A solution is researched currently.

3- There should be a system of priority, I am sorry but my current issue of not having a EOD ultimate activation code should be higher priority than "i didn't received a 80 lvl booster or whatever"

4- Estimated time of reply. It is annoying to wait without knowing if soemone saw your ticket, if the person is reviewing another one and make you wait or if you have been forgotten.

That's it. I also think that a live chat would be way far more efficient. A discussion like messenger, a support member answer you, focus on you, try to understand the problem and boom it is dealed with in less than 1 day surely.

My big second big advice would be hire personnel. The support is awesome and work very well outside of rush seasons. When big things are released and there are issues with them, example currently with pre purchase of eod, it become a mess with very long waiting time for some. I definitely think some steps can be automated; all issues regarding a non working activation code? Send automatically a new one if the player gave the payment and that the code have been checked as faulty.

Need to recover a deleted character? A bot seek on your account and bring back the character.

(Maybe it doesn't work like this, but this is my view of the thing)

Change the World Boss Portal Device so that it teleports to where the pre-events for bosses start, not where the main event will be. (If it has pre-events, that is.)

If there are more than one pre-event, choose randomly between them.

This will allow more people to be involved in the pre-events more easily.

Sometimes I don't know what I want to do, but I want to do something.

The LFG system is broken down so finely I find it a chore to go through each section to see what people are up too..

Just show me a simple list of all groups up for doing anything and I can then see what is happening now and I can jump in.

Also make it clear what can teleport me to the action and what I need to know where to go (and also make everything teleport me in from wherever I am)

1. In WvW your mount is pre-selected to warclaw. Can we have the same for skimmer when in water during PvE? And back to your own selected option when you are on land again?
  2. Build template 1 i want to have my helmet skin showing so i check the checkbox. on build template 2 i don't want it showing, but the check box has to be manually unchecked when switching templates. Can build templates remember this? Have it checked for 1 template and unchecked for the other?
  3. A toggle for legendary trinket visual effects please.
  4. After we complete a achievement for creating a precursor weapon, can we have the associated items stop dropping? These are annoying to remove because it has no value anymore, we have to type the full name to destroy it. Every time i kill a boar i have to destroy a boar bristle or carry them with me to the next NPC where i can sell it.
  5. A item search option that will search the bank and inventory of every character you own. Sometimes you forget where you kept that one item and you have to switch trough 5 different characters to find it.
  6. A checkbox to only see LFG's with groups in them. Hide the empty ones.
Edited by Magische Boek.2530
Added point 6
  • Like 4

Please add Artificer recipes to upgrade exotic Essence of luck to legendary (ratio: 5 exotic to 2 legendary) and to revert higher rarities to lower rarities. I want to upgrade essence to save storage and later downgrade to lower rarity for various recipes and Lunar New Year vendors.

Edited by StevenL.3761

I'm rearranging my inventory and my mule alts. I'm in need of space and I'm going to have to sacrifice my books.

I didn't want to throw them away. im searching on wiki the repurchasable ones.

Some POF books is even narrated, the narration is fantastic, give us a good imersion.

these ones are all repurchasable.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Garden_of_the_Gods,

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Intelligence_Report:_Palawa_Joko_I,

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Book_of_Vlast,

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Legacy, )

Some of them seems not repurchasable,

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Parables_of_the_Gods

Pls add some book shelf as minor EOD feature.

Dont need be a extravaganza, just a "anchor" on some already existing library instances(like Priory Durmand) like u did in Istan.

Or even better reaarrange book related achievments, to a format of some "lore cards" like some games like Dragon Age Inquisition ( 

https://dragonage.fandom.com/wiki/Codex_(Inquisition) 

https://dragonage.fandom.com/wiki/Codex:_Books_and_Songs )

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2021 at 5:03 PM, kalzana.3192 said:

Not sure if this has been suggested before, but a container/menu for the MANY teleport items; between living story tomes, lounge passes, invite to party and fractal scroll, it takes a lot of space!

Agreed. I have several lounge passes in shared inv slots. At a certain point, you realise that you can't afford to lose any more shared inv slots. I mean, I'd like more lounge passes (obsessive completionist), but I won't buy them because I need my shared inv slots much more. If ANet made a Lounge pass 'tome' I'd gladly pay gems for it, to get my shared slots back! And then I'd probably buy the lounge passes I don't have. As things stand.... I'll stick with what I have, thanks. A very minor inconvenience for me, but lost revenue for Anet.

Edited by Rockhound.9605
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We already have search-function for skins, dyes, inventory, bank etc. BUT. For whatever reason Guild Vault doesn't have it. So, if possible, add Search function to Guild Vault.

Trying to find a certain item among similar ones (dyes as good example) in 250-slot bank is kinda frustrating.

Hi everyone, with the announcement of the End Of Dragons Expansion, I thought that now would be a good time to suggest some implementations/idea's for Guild Wars 2. I've actually spearheaded some of the topics in other game titles (And those idea's were taken onboard & some of which were actually implemented as well!) This topic is specifically designed to allow anyone who believes they may have a good suggestion to have their say, so without further adue, here are some of my own suggestions: >>

- Trading Post: I know this is going to sound minor, but I assure you it'll help speed up general transactions, a button you can tick that allows you to always sell the maximum amount of any particular stack. Many times I've clicked the sell item, to only have a partial stack selected, whereby you then have to repeat the process & drag the total amount with the slider bar. (Minor but annoying!)

- Dyes: Allowing for the one off application (for a price of either gems or gold) of more exclusive dyes at the Total Makeover Vendor, so that players can decide whether they want to purchase the actual dye from the Trading Post at full price! (Let's face it people love cosmetics, especially rarer colors & what better way to sell them then to try them out on one character?)

- Mounts: I would suggest 2 new mounts in the expansion, one that can climb upwards across the architecture (Such as a beetle or ergh >> spider! Or something that can attach to the wall & climb vertically over any height!) My second mount suggestion is an underwater mount designed specifically for both underwater combat & gathering! << *While Mounted* >> (Dolphin comes to mind & dismounts automatically if you jump out of the water onto land!)

- Harvesting: Allow glyph's that can give you access to dyes once more (Doesn't have to be the exclusive ones), but common, uncommon & general rare dyes! I assure you people love dyes in this game & what better way then to allow for finding them in the wild once more? (You could even make it so that the more rare dyes could be combined in the mystic forge for a chance at a exclusive one!)

- New Races: I am sure there must be something in the works behind the scenes when it comes to this particular subject & if there isn't... well, I'd be surprised & a little shocked if there wasn't. Skritt, Koda, Largos, Quaggan or Tengu comes to mind as suggestions given the fact that they already have animations in game that can be built upon. (Plus any new races implemented could join the storyline after all of the main events & start out in the expansion instead!)

- Customizable Town Clothes! Mixing & matching individual pieces of town clothing would be very much appreciated & has been sorely missed since it's removal some time ago! Plus you could implement town specific clothing pieces that are sold on the trading post over time individually! << Reinforcing the mix & match theme!

- Seeing as we're having fishing in the expansion, how about some water based achievements such as finding the rarest pearls by prying open giant clams!? << Just an idea! You could then either trade it in, sell it or use it in crafting!

- Ore Gathering, allow for the mining of specific rarer ores (Such as Jade) to craft uniquely colored armors with specific looks! Only available if you mine, refine & craft the armor yourself! Meaning you need to get out there on the maps & explore! The recipes themselves could be available from heart vendors for completing the hearts upon the maps, it's win, win!

- Wood Gathering, allow for chopping of specific wood, such as petrified woods that enable you to create unique weapons (by just using the same principle as the jade ore gathering above!)

- This one is specifically for Arena Net >> create a hidden area where all of the main creators of the game are found with their main in game avatars on display! (Honestly this would be fun/cool to find!) Show off your best!

Well, those are my suggestions, I hope people find at least some of those of interest & feel free to leave your own ideas! Oh by the way, I do guild wars 2 guides on youtube, I share my wife's channel sweetmimidoll adventures, in case anyone is interested! Peace!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

- An empty/invisible backpack skin, so you can have a backpack visible in equipment template 1 but no backpack in template 2

- The ability to select different gliders / outfits (and whether you are using an outfit) on different equipment templates

Edited by ATLangiZ.3406

I came to the forums just to say this: I would love to be able to untick items that I don't want to salvage when I click the "Salvage all" buttons, so that I can untick stacks of unidentified gear and only salvage the ones that are identified and taking up inventory space.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Argonil.6970 said:

I came to the forums just to say this: I would love to be able to untick items that I don't want to salvage when I click the "Salvage all" buttons, so that I can untick stacks of unidentified gear and only salvage the ones that are identified and taking up inventory space.

You can mitigate this by A useing a invisble bag and have your unided in there or 

B put them in a shared inventory slot.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

I would like to return to my order and do more missions. We joined the orders only to almost immediately become the commander of the pact. Now within the pact the orders still exist, so we should be able to do more side stories with them. Similar to the bounties we do for the Shinning Blade, we could have a bounty board or the likes at the order halls. I want more interaction with the order I chose. Thanks 😊

With the upcoming DX and engine changes in EoD could the developers please look into adding the ability to move UI frames and size them. Including map, chat, target, party/squad frames, Info box.

Okay if you dont like it, why? It would be optional you dont have to do it. But placing my UI in a way that makes the screen look cleaner and easier to read is amazing.

Edited by Zuldari.3940
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

Guild Wars 1 allowed customizable UI. I would like to change where things are displayed and their size to optimize my own play style. I need the elements, but I don't like where and how they are placed because it often obstructs my view. 
The developers said somewhere that they didn't include robust UI customizability because they wanted the game to look distinctly Guild Wars 2, no matter who was playing it. 
But - I think that's a little odd, because it's UI does not really look unique to me. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1