[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

For the trading posts at crafting stations, that probably isn't trolling. They could be crafting something,  needed a part, spawned a Trading Post NPC to get it. And it can be beneficial to other crafting players. They can now buy and sell from it as well.

I fail to see how spawning a Trading Post NPC at the actual trading post is a problem. Both function in the exact same way. Doesn't matter whether you collect from the actual Trading Post NPC for the area or a spawned one.

22 minutes ago, Sinmir.6504 said:

For the trading posts at crafting stations, that probably isn't trolling. They could be crafting something,  needed a part, spawned a Trading Post NPC to get it. And it can be beneficial to other crafting players. They can now buy and sell from it as well.

I fail to see how spawning a Trading Post NPC at the actual trading post is a problem. Both function in the exact same way. Doesn't matter whether you collect from the actual Trading Post NPC for the area or a spawned one.

Permanent Personal  merchants and trading posts can't be used by anyone else at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The items that spawn NPCs or objects you can interact with could, instead, give you a ground targeted [V] special skill that not only lets you actively choose the location of the spawn but could be set to return a "No line of sight" if the target circle overlaps with any object or NPC.

Also, as said before, there is a thread for these suggestions. I don't think that ideas get more attention from Anet if you create dedicated threads for them.

• Like 1

Just now, Magnuzone.8395 said:

At least changing colors would help a lot.

Im a bit colorblind so it's almost impossible for me to see the difference between the green and yellow colors of "say" and "squad". They are way to close for me.  

I am NOT colorblind and those two are really hard to differentiate.  Especially in the flow of chat.

.- Two On-screen permanent use box for food and utility effects.

So in order for us to put a 250 stack of an item that will automatically be activated continuously; instead of having to open inventory every half an hour to double click twice on these consumables. 

- A Warclaw third skill that will make it justifiable to use on PVE.

Right now, all other mounts have a special ability, except this one.

The Raptor jumps further and faster.

The Jackal teleports further and faster.

I would love to have a reason to use it.

Thank you.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zoidberg.9237 said:

Please remove the minimum targeting distance while using the action camera. I should be able to target the round directly below me if I want to...

Three methods of doing this.

1. Double click on skill really fast without a target.

2. Look down with directional keys.

3. Target self key bind.

I'm sure this is not the first time it's mentioned but is it possible to streamline/update the TP backend? It's sometimes aggravatingly slow. Buying or selling items in a row is a rollercoaster: one item is listed immediately, the next one stalls the TP for 10 seconds and then it goes back and forth. Obviously, I don't know the first thing about coding and the infrastructure at work here, but it would be nice if this could be fixed.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MikeG.6389 said:

I'm sure this is not the first time it's mentioned but is it possible to streamline/update the TP backend? It's sometimes aggravatingly slow. Buying or selling items in a row is a rollercoaster: one item is listed immediately, the next one stalls the TP for 10 seconds and then it goes back and forth. Obviously, I don't know the first thing about coding and the infrastructure at work here, but it would be nice if this could be fixed.

It's a really old bug ppl were talking about years ago

There was a huge forum talk but ppl forgot after Anet lost lots of staff

Can you find the thread on the old forum?

Edited by Jura.2170

I wish we could rotate decorations not just horizontally but vertically. It would open up a whole new world of possibilities for us decorators. Imagine if in the future they revamped instanced housing so we could decorate it! If they did that this would be the time to revamp or create a new solo based decorating system vs the old overly expensive group decoration system that has many flaws, even though i still love decorating with it 🙂 but it kinda sucks to do 85% of it yourself when its meant for a whole guild to do. But i understand people want ownership over what they create and that isn't what guild halls do. Still, with the current maps or future ones there could even be new instanced housing locations in maps where buildings already exist and just make the doors interactable. Some of these new spots could be empty and bare of anything so we can decorate them entirely ourselves or for gems some locations might come with player created decorations that we could rearrange or huge mansions might cost gems vs smaller homes we can buy with gold.  I really enjoy building things from scratch in other games and wish at the very least we could rotate and place objects on the x+y+z axis!

edit: some other thoughts

add an undo button to scribing for guildhalls. and is there a fix for the false reading of how many decorations are in the guild storage? https://imgur.com/a/T6wc7pI Says 2 in storage and 9 owned, 7 placed but no more can be placed. 😠

Edited by Kelly.7019
merged

I had a random fun thought, we have the toggle walk we can keybind. How about a toggle crawl? The nearly unnecessary means of going virtually walk pace or even slower, but you're in a crawling animation, and can even be that way with your weapons out. I think it could be neat, and personally I have a character I made partially themed after a sort of crawling knight type character consumed into a beast-like state of mind from another game I like. I think there could be other fun applications for something of this sort for the community to mess around with such as more RP in character reaction otherwise unobtainable. I'm not going to ask for it to also offer actual useful functions like being slightly sneakier or something, but in that case it would be a more in depth feature with future options to play around with.

3 minutes ago, Jura.2170 said:

Can we please be given a game menu choice to turn off red text messages like Your inventory is full

and yellow text messages like If you don't move in 50 seconds, you will be logged off

and Screenshot saved in directory

The one that really bothers me it's the Awakened Invasions one.

How distracting that is sometimes.

We already get informed of it in the chat box.

I think the big red sign across the screen it unnecessary. 

An option to turn that off would be great. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

It's tedious enough to wait around for it as is and getting on a map early enough so you have a proper group, let's not have it stretched out any longer.  I do understand the frustration of being late to a map or behind the group and not getting a hit.  Very seldom does a group kill it in one go, normally plenty of time to get there.

1 minute ago, Farohna.6247 said:

It's tedious enough to wait around for it as is and getting on a map early enough so you have a proper group, let's not have it stretched out any longer.  I do understand the frustration of being late to a map or behind the group and not getting a hit.  Very seldom does a group kill it in one go, normally plenty of time to get there.

To be fair, if they make the fight just 30 seconds longer, that would be plenty because that's usually the difference between someone arriving there on a mount and others running. There's also differences between mounts, beetles get there first and start the fight, and the rest who don't have them join, and others usually get left behind in the dirt because there's enough power creep for that fight to be finished in seconds...

It just needs to scale better. I've been on maps where people don't CC properly and it takes 15 minutes to kill.

If you take 5 minutes or less it's more profitable gold/hour than Drizzlewood or Dragonfall , even more than a 2 minute Matriarch leech in Verdant Brink per fast farming (I don't go to VB so I don't know).
https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/meta

43 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

To be fair, if they make the fight just 30 seconds longer, that would be plenty because that's usually the difference between someone arriving there on a mount and others running.

The encounter usually takes just over 2 minutes (Chase & CC Phase, 1-Minute Invulnerability Phase, and Damage Phase). I think that's pretty generous. If you're on the map at XX:20, that should be more than enough time to get to it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1