[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

8 hours ago, TristisOris.2165 said:

add a 120 fps option to frame limiter.

in borderless mode gpu drivers can't cap it, only some 3rd party software. Without limit i can get 250fps > overheat.

Have you tried enabling vertical sync? It will limit your FPS to the refresh rate of your monitor.

I want to put in another request to the ArenaNet development team for character screen customization.

It is extremely difficult for me to keep my characters in a particular order.  They must be in a particular order because of my visual impairment, that way I can memorize the order.  As for the general population, being able to customize the order of characters would seem to be a welcome addition to the character select screen.  Even for players that don't spend much time in character select, sorting helps provide a system of efficiency for the player to quickly find and select a particular character.

I understand the challanges with any sort of GUI modification with your game engine.  Just throwing out there that it would be a great QoL improvement if anyone could find the time to work on it, however long it takes.

Another bit of feedback, the text you chose for the character information (lower left corner of the character select screen) is easily decipherable with OCR technology.  Thanks for using plainer text rather than something too decorative.  I'm still not able to figure out a way to script JAWS to read string information from your game.  If you have a software engineering wizard with any ideas, I'd love to hear them to to try to formulate my own solution.

Edited by Rogue.8235
I seriously don't understand what is funny about my request....
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm fairly sure this was suggested several times but it would be nice to have a proper photo mode. Doing decent pictures is hard with the current restricting options we have (like, it's only available if you change your camera settings ingame, it's not a separate function nor you can hide other people, NPCs; you can't add lights and you can't change the angle of the camera too).

Edited by OrahiShiro.5012
  • Confused 1

pleeeeeeeaaaaase make that thrice accursed "your mastery is ready to level up" spam mssage go away for good, or at the very least make it less obnoxious like the you've got mail notification.

it is by farrrrrrrr the single most annoying thing in the game, and to ake matters worse it spawns riiight over h chat... you know the thing players rely on for communication and worse still it spams me more than my old yahoo.mail account did!

For now and many years there was an option "Disable personal story". But it never did, you'd still have the green text in the upper right corner. Would it be possible to atlast implement this feature? Much like in WvW. When u go to WvW there's no green text anymore. 

Edited by Dave.6819
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Dave.6819 said:

For now and many years there was an option "Disable personal story". But it never did, you'd still have the green text in the upper right corner. Would it be possible to atlast implement this feature? Much like in WvW. When u go to WvW there's no green text anymore. 

Never was an option to remove the text from the UI.  It is an option to have the Content Guide stop pointing towards it. 

The Content Guide points the way to nearby events, renown hearts, scouts, and unexplored areas. Check here if you're ever lost and looking for something to do!

— In-game description.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Graphical_user_interface#Content_guide

• Like 1

I really love doing griffon tracks and I would love to see a way for communities to do custom griffon tracks in the guild hall and possibly a way to do griffon community competitions. PLS ANET. much love

Edited by truce.7539
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

TLDR: Make the Siren's Landing backpieces animate on entering and leaving combat, instead of only animating once right after you equip them.

In Siren's Landing, it's possible to buy several ascended backpieces, each themed after a specific human god or goddess. (see Relic collector for the full list.)

These backpieces look amazing, and have really cool animations when they first appear. The problem is this: the animations only happen when first equipping the items, or when mounting/dismounting. It's easy to miss the animations, which is a shame, given how nice they are.

I suggest making the animations occur when entering/leaving combat stance instead. In combat, they would expand into the larger, more complex form. When you leave combat, it would collapse back into the smaller, simpler form.

A couple questions and answers:

Q: What about people who don't want it to change?

A: There could be two separate skins, one with the old behavior, and one with the new behavior. Unlocking one skin unlocks both, and you could differentiate  by calling one the 'sleeping' version, or something to that effect. That way, people could have it whichever way they want. Or, just change it for everyone. That might step on more toes, though.

Q: Wouldn't the 'two skins' solution confuse players?

A: Hopefully not, but it might.

Q: What items are you talking about here?

A: Relic of BalthazarRelic of DwaynaRelic of GrenthRelic of LyssaRelic of Melandru, and Relic of Abaddon

Q: Wouldn't this take a lot of effort to make?

A: Hopefully, no. There are already weapons which transform when drawn (see Whisper's secret weapons), and armor which transforms when entering and leaving combat (see Perfected envoy armor). Additionally, all the animations and models have already been made, it's just a matter of using them in a new way (and reversing the animation when the backpiece collapses again, and dealing with what happens if a player enters and leaves combat stance really fast.)

Q: Why?

A: Because I think it would look good.

Edited by jinn.6392
Added TLDR
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

an option to convert blue prophet shards to slivers, back and forth...hell do this for all conversions and give us a way to REVERT.

while were at it, let us set a priority targeted ALLY or set a few auto-ping low targets at % of health thresh-hold that allows us to hit a hotkey to target that ally. right now specter feels meh on single target focus

• Like 1

An new expansion  Mastery (like Jadebots) , to create a new Elite spell   called "Suit up" (regardless of the Elite Speciallization)  and  you essentially become a "Master Chief" or "varients of Warframe" , where your 2 dodges are replaced with long dashed and you must manually aim , with your superspeed. Your selfhealing +F6 healing  is reduced by half .

For WvW/PvP , they gain less damage but they goal is mostly support :

Throw grenades where the ground get solid ice -replaced  with "invisible walls- that when the enemy tries to place an aoe or port , it will show the "out of bound area" and fail .

(Or throws to enemies and their spell damage is reduced by half ( stealth) , or your your friends for every type condition they get regeneration (stealth)

Or a different elite spell /Warframe  , that  throws grenades that knockbacks the zergs ( 0  damage) , where your goal is to disrupt them from being a huge "zerging-ball" .

Or a different elite spell /Warframe , that needs to waste 10 sec hitting/tracking the commander and showing him your zerg .

New WvW players/core (under80)  get this featured enabled when they are hit , to self-protect them , for 2 months .

Let's name this new Elite Commando

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Confused 8

So the problem I'm referring too is of course how the weapon magically shrinks when stowed away. I am someone who cares about the aesthetics of characters and having things make sense. I could for example never play a Charr with butterfly wings named "Memer 3000".

Back to the topic at hand, I get why this happens and why its more pronounced with certain weapon types. Some weapon types however have no business shrinking like daggers for example. They fit the size they are while in hand and yet they shrink as well when stowed. The conclusion that's fairly obvious to draw is that they just simply didn't bother. They absolutely could have done the extra work but they didn't and so daggers behave the same way as other weapon types on the Asura. 

Here's a neat solution that I think would make the Asura ACTUALLY the master race. What if weapons that can't fit on their back are instead stowed horizontally? Perhaps around their waist area? You would of course need to animate the stowing away. All two handers would be stowed horizontally.

This would also solve a less annoying problem in that weapons often clip through their ears.

Or take the easy way out and make weapons smaller on the Asura when they are actually holding the weapon so the shrinking isn't as noticeable or not at all. The way some greatswords shrink by pretty much half is just ridiculous.

OR just make a tick/untick option for whether or not the player wants auto stowing or something like that. Or give the Asura some mumbo jumbo science weapon box where the weapon just vanishes, think the glitched adventure weapons the way they phase in and out. Something like that. Just something. 

Edited by Zeusx.2906
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

FISHING ASENDED FOODS as GUILD DROPS

I am a bit confused if the new +150 Fishing Ascended foods will ever be added as a Guild Droppable item.  Looking at the Wiki Page in regards to Ascended Feast  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_feast   it states "Ascended feasts can be deposited in the Guild Hall at the Tavern Proprietor (requires Tavern Restoration 1)" however very shortly thereafter it also states,  "The expansion End of Dragons introduced five new ascended feasts, which grant the bonus effect +150 Fishing Power, that do not follow these rules."

In my lowly humble opionion this would be a minor effort to add the foods that could grant a decent QoL effect to all those who have the ability to utilize Guild Droppables.  Can the +150 Fishing ascended foods please be added to the list of Ascended foods stored by a guild?

Edited by rcelbrechter.8947

29 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

You can untick weapons in your wardrobe. Then you’ll magically draw your weapon from your weapon pocket. Like your Mount pocket 👀 problem solved 

Listen, with all due respect that's in no way problem solved. We are going from scuffed to arguably even more scuffed as now the character is pulling out a weapon out of thin air while the animations remain the same. In 2022 we should be able to ask for more.

I'm not sure why people always come with these band aid workaround kind of "solutions". It's like people are looking to dispute and disapprove anything critical about the game.

One could also say "just don't play Asura then problem solved". None of these are solutions and none of them make the game better.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3

But that's one of the options you suggested in your first post:

3 hours ago, Zeusx.2906 said:

Or give the Asura some mumbo jumbo science weapon box where the weapon just vanishes, think the glitched adventure weapons the way they phase in and out. Something like that. Just something. 

• Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

But that's one of the options you suggested in your first post:

I would say that I make it pretty clear that i would be expecting animations and not literally just the weapon disappearing. So in this example you would create a seamless transition from combat pose to relaxed/running/walking whatever while the weapon phases out in a sciency kind of way. This animation would be balanced to take as much time as the regular stowing animation. 

If they were to do this while adding an option to turn off auto stowing (so Asura players actually get to move around with their weapon visible) THEN the problem would be solved.

But since GW2 is such an old game at this point I'd take just the option to turn off auto stowing.

Edited by Zeusx.2906
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

just read about the proposed warrior banner changes... considering they are basically our only valid support, we should be allowed to keep them, now for ranger i do agree they already do support too well what with druid and all, but we don't even have A aoe heal, or any other decent buffs at all, also as a warrior i don't "feel compelled" to give banners, i do so because i legitimately want too. now i could see if ya'lls wanted to replaced banners AND give us other valid support options, then i'd be okay with it. but just changing that skill-set won't do us or the community any real favors, indeed you'll just effectively force us out of support cause other classes will do it soooo much better, or do much more. also why are ally heal traits right on the same slot as ally buff traits? alternatively you could make it so allll classes have unique support skills, to encourage a vaster variety than just druid+lac mech.

side note is it me or are elementalists just bad at almost everything? my first class, cause wiki made them seem way better than they are, both on support and for soloing... i'd only recommend them to masochists, and people seeking to punish either themselves or others.

Edited by kitemay.1327
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

A lot of MMOs these days that are "free to play" offer a subscription that gives you certain bonuses over the free to play crowd. Elder scrolls online's subscription model is very nice.

Where those who subscribe get unlimited material storage, larger banks, more bag space, free access to all DLC (expansions are not included here) and crown store currency every time their subscription renews.

I think guild wars 2 should offer something similar.

[Suggestion] Premium Membership

• - every time the subscription renews you should get gems (bonus gem amounts for longer renewal cycles)
  • - all convenience features that you dont have unlocked should be unlocked as long as you are subscribed (bank tabs, bag slots, account wide inventory slots, etc...)
  • - any living world stories you don't have are unlocked as long as the subscription is active

What happens to items in inventory slots that are unlocked via the subscription?

The inventory slot should become "read only" so to speak. Meaning you can see whats in there, sell whats in there at a vendor, remove the item from the slot, but not activate it or put new items in that slot. This will prevent people from paying for one month, loading up their account wide inventory with stuff, then stopping the subscription.

Same goes for material storage/bank tabs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1