[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Revenge of the Marionette achievement section was originally a Bonus Event and now resides in Side Stories. However, this particular World Boss is the same scale as Triple Trouble and Tequatl, and so deserves its own section in General. Origins of Madness is the Living World episode mastery (and should be ideally moved to Story Journal section), so Revenge of the Marionette is the perfect fit to guide players towards this content without it drowning between Return achievements.

Additionally, the meta achievement, 'Master of the Marionette' could reward a title, just like TT and Tequatl do. "Clockwork Vanquisher" is my suggestion for that title. Several new rewards from the event would be welcome as well. Marionette's sword is the perfect fit, additionally, already existing rewards such as Mini Twisted Nightmare, Mini Enraged Twisted Nightmare, Twisted Watchwork Shoulder Scraps, and new variants of this shoulder skin (one for left shoulder and one for both shoulders - could be a Mystic Forge recipe requiring both left and right skins) could be included as well.

Moving the public event to Open World would be amazing as well, but it would require much more work. Some new rewards could boost the longevity for Marionette event so that it gets completed more often, given the majority of the playerbase most probably got all their achievements during the bonus event.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Sounds like a good move in the achievement panel and yes to improved awards - wouldn't mind seeing a return of the tri-key pieces. Now, I dunno about making it an open world event since it's already been implemented as an instance, but I'd 10/10 enjoy seeing it put in the world boss portal device for easier access and greater visibility. As for titles, maybe something like 'No Strings Attached'?

• Like 1

It'd be nice if they were legendary blank slates and everything else was just a "skin." They're already useable on all characters, more-so with shared slots, so it's nothing more than a nice quality of life change to save a little time if they do it. People would probably find buying "skins" more appealing than feeling like they're buying the same thing multiple times. It's essentually the same thing they're buying now but it'd just look like a more positive advertisement imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, kloveday.4328 said:

I request that all characters be able to use the tools easily if you bought from the gem store just like they made the legendary weapons / armor

also

I request that bought tools should have 2 glyph slots instead of one.

who agrees with me, just saying

Why stop there?  Let's make them free too!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

It'd be nice if they were legendary blank slates and everything else was just a "skin." They're already useable on all characters, more-so with shared slots, so it's nothing more than a nice quality of life change to save a little time if they do it. People would probably find buying "skins" more appealing than feeling like they're buying the same thing multiple times. It's essentually the same thing they're buying now but it'd just look like a more positive advertisement imo.

They could start selling glyphs for the tool price then since people will need some on all their alts.

I'm fine with the idea of buying multiple sets for other characters but I do wish it was cheaper to do so though.
I've got a lot of characters.. i'm not paying 1000 gems per tool for 20-30 characters.. just no lol.

Now if a set of 3 unlimited tools cost me 800 gems.. that would be a very very different story.
I'd gladly by a set of unlimited tools for every character I have and will make in future if that were the case.

18 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Just get three shared slots, put there the permanent harvesting tools and equip every character with basic tools, so you can swap the tools quickly between characters by just clicking on them, no need to even open the panel hero or the bank.

Apparently it is to much to ask of some people to dubble left click 3 times on login and logout according to posts in this thread mate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Apparently it is to much to ask of some people to dubble left click 3 times on login and logout according to posts in this thread mate.

For a convenience item, adding 6 clicks per character does undermine the value.  Specifically, it makes it less convenient (not even counting the three shared slots needed to do this).

You could equally say "It's too much to ask people to go and buy spare tools from a vendor".  The point is, the tools as they are don't represent particularly good value to many people, because they are both not as convenient as they could be, and relatively expensive.

I obviously don't have the data to support this, but I hypothesise:

Single character unlocks (current system): Few buy 1 set, Very few buy multiple

Account wide unlocks, with skins purchasable at a reduction: Some buy a set, few buy multiple skins.

If this hypothesis is correct, then the second option would be far more profitable, and also feel less like a cash grab.  The current system is lose lose.

• Confused 1

Let us completely get rid of the personal story star in content guide area. I dont want to do the story million times over and over with each new character and i don't want to see it cluttering up the screen with green star. Same applies to everything like current community events (orange stars) etc.

Let us hide player names in open world squad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

For a convenience item, adding 6 clicks per character does undermine the value.  Specifically, it makes it less convenient (not even counting the three shared slots needed to do this).

You could equally say "It's too much to ask people to go and buy spare tools from a vendor".  The point is, the tools as they are don't represent particularly good value to many people, because they are both not as convenient as they could be, and relatively expensive.

I obviously don't have the data to support this, but I hypothesise:

Single character unlocks (current system): Few buy 1 set, Very few buy multiple

Account wide unlocks, with skins purchasable at a reduction: Some buy a set, few buy multiple skins.

If this hypothesis is correct, then the second option would be far more profitable, and also feel less like a cash grab.  The current system is lose lose.

Yea considering you can get skinless tools for black lion statuettes sometimes, I think more people got the tools then the few you say in your hypotesis.

Thats not even counting in the few who bought for multiple characters as people have said they do already.

And if it is to expensive for people they are free to use karma or coin bought limited ones forever.

Whats next ask for the tool glyphs to be account shared, then that is to little so you want 2 slots on each gemstore tool instead of 1 for the coin and karma ones?

Were do it end.

Edited by Linken.6345

This will never happen for at least 2 reasons- it goes against the gem shop philosophy and it would be unfair to players who have bought multiple unlimited harvesting tool sets.

All gem shop items are either cosmetic or convenience items that offer no substantial advantage in game play.  Basic players (i.e. only bought base game and basic expansions) can achieve anything in the game that players who spend on the gem shop can achieve, it just might take a little longer.  Nothing in the gem shop gives any players a substantial advantage over any other player.  However, the advantage of buying unlimited harvesting tools that apply to all characters on a single account would cross the line from a convenience to a "must have" advantage, especially for players with large numbers of characters.

There is also the issue of what to do about players who have already purchased multiple sets of gathering tools.  This change would be tremendously unfair to them, and ANet is very unlikely to offer any sort of compensation or refund to those players who spent gems for an item that no longer matters.

• Like 2

I love that I can do things in the open world while waiting for the PvP queue to pop. The notice in the middle of the screen when it does pop can be problematic depending on what you’re doing, fighting or mid flight.

Id like to suggest the box be moved off center, possibly to the top right quadrant. There’s enough time to finish killing a mob or find a place to land, but the box in the middle of the screen makes it very difficult to do so.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

So... about mouse cursor. I know this topic probably was mentioned thousands of times. But it's really desperately needed. Most people use yolomouse probably but i wish Anet could atlast implement a customizable in game cursor (size,color and most importantly that it would stay visible while mouse button is being held). 

Edited by Dave.6819

Every time i play, i usually change characters regularly, either for playing a specific class or alt parking. During those character changes i often forget to unequip my volatile tools, which i'm sure a lot of people have that issue. The problem was today when i decided to delete a character i wasn't liking, so i did after emptying the bags... just to notice i didn't unequip (again!) my gathering tools. After an understandable moment of blinding rage against myself, i quickly opened a ticked and thankfully i got my tools back. For this tragedy to happen to each one of innocent forgetful players, my proposal is this: add a marking on the character that has equiped a limitless gathering tool and/or other expensive item (like something that was bought from the in game store and wasn't redeemed or left in the bank). Just in case further tragedy proceeds, like deleting by mistake for not noticing the marker, while adding the character's name it should be added a small legend, in caps or similar noticable way, that says something like "VALUABLE ITEMS EQUIPPED OR IN INVENTORY". We must have in mind that some times the players are just not focused at all in order to have this kind of decisions made without the proper warnings. Or sometimes we simply need to have a lot of idiocy (like mine) in mind.

• Like 3

Not opposed to this, but also not sure how the system would determine which items are valuable. Because of that, it might be better to add a message in red text like (Did you remember to check your inventory and gear for valuables?) or something similar either to the confirmation window or as a separate window that you can click through to get to the confirmation screen. This might be enough to grab your attention and jog your memory without slowing down someone who's already sure they want to delete.

Mind you, I don't delete characters very often and this isn't really an issue for me, but I know there are a ton of people who make and wipe characters regularly and who have to juggle things like gathering tools since they're not an accountwide upgrade. Any little things they can do to prevent item loss and simultaneously reduce the support workload sounds good to me.

15 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

I'd prefer it if gem store infinite gathering tools were treated as Legendary and added to the armory, but I suspect that this won't happen, as ANet probably make a lot of money off of people buying multiple copies of gathering tools.

They certainly made a lot of money from me buying multiple sets of gathering tools. lol

32 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

They certainly made a lot of money from me buying multiple sets of gathering tools. lol

Same 😄

If they did decide to make them legendaries, I wouldn't complain and ask for a refund. I spent that money in full knowledge of what I was paying for.

• Confused 1