What should the next April Fools joke be?

Hordriss.1978

How about replacing normal animations with Monty-Python-and-the-Holy-Grail-style galloping accompanied by coconuts?I'm trying to think of things that won't break the game horrifically (some non-starters included setting all NPCs to hostile, and putting all the maps underwater)How about all characters walk backwards instead of forwards? Maybe have them glance over their shoulder once in a while?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Haleydawn.3764 said:We’ve not had an ingame prank for April Fools since the Aviator prank, which hit a sore spot on some snowflakes, because of its timing. I doubt we’ll ever see one ingame again, but I always hope.

I thought it was the bobblehead fiasco which caused issues and stopped those, cause thats what did it for me, the motion sickness i had that day was freaking terrible.

@Dante.1763 said:

@Haleydawn.3764 said:We’ve not had an ingame prank for April Fools since the Aviator prank, which hit a sore spot on some snowflakes, because of its timing. I doubt we’ll ever see one ingame again, but I always hope.

I thought it was the bobblehead fiasco which caused issues and stopped those, cause thats what did it for me, the motion sickness i had that day was freaking terrible.

No, the Aviator box was the last one. People made ANet apologize for having players pretend to be airplanes a week after a plane crash on the other side of the world, and that was Anet’s last April Fools prank.

@Dante.1763 said:

Bobblehead was 2014, Aviator for 2015.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

No, the Aviator box was the last one. People made ANet apologize for having players pretend to be airplanes a week after a plane crash on the other side of the world, and that was Anet’s last April Fools prank.

Ah, well, thats just idiocy i guess? Specially(and it probably was) planned way ahead of time.

Bobblehead was 2014, Aviator for 2015.

I stand corrected

@Dante.1763 said:

Ah, well, thats just idiocy i guess? Specially(and it probably was) planned way ahead of time.

Yep, one of the few times I was genuinely disgusted with some of the forumites.

I'd say cel-shading would be a safe enough one to go for or maybe flat-textures but it would probably involve a lot of graphics work.

Instead of an April Fools joke we now have the Super Adventure Box as an April Fools festival. And I think that's just fine. The jokes (if that's what you want to call them) were lame af. Put a fun activity or some fun with open world scenarios/NPC's, but don't mess with my characters and colors. I played for a few minutes on either day and waited for reset for it to be over. But that's just my 2 cents.

@Boysenberry.1869 said:Next April Fools Anet will announce they are creating a new Guild Wars mobile game to bridge the gap between GW1 and GW2. It will look exactly like 50 other games on the market.

...I couldn't help myself. :/

Oh, come on. We should at least let them make some original jokes, instead of trying to copy the jokes of their competitors.

Pies.

Someone starts up a pie shop, and to get word out they ask YOU to take some pies and "deliver" them right into the faces of several NPCs throughout the world.

I'm sure most of us can easily think of several names that should be on that list, but it would be best if they weren't too obvious. Skip the Queen and nail the Countess, for example. If you complete the quest during the festival, you get a pie rack item that works much like the water balloon novelty item currently in the game.

Archived