Your Unpopular Opinions about something in GW2

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Bort.8647 said:Super Adventure Box is the best part of this game by far.

Not attempting to dismiss your preferences, but why play an MMO with a seasonal platforming minigame when there are so many dedicated platformers out there?

Ive tried platforming games before, and always hated them. For some reason i loved SAB when i first tried it. Also the seasonal aspect is nice because if offers a break from the typical combat gameplay of gw2.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canach should be a Nightmare Courtier; he should also take over the Court and push it in a new direction as its Duke. He's already a kill-happy, gambling troublemaker with a chip on his shoulder regarding authority and rules, and a strong desire not to be controlled by the expectations of other people. Canach has the makings of a capable leader and, currently, no outlet for it.

Taimi is an unlikable plot device whose 'usefulness' and 'charm' have to be spelled out every time she's in play. Doubly so for her relationship with Braham, which is about as forced as it gets. If she dies or becomes gravely wounded, it will be over-dramatic and telegraphed with world-ending sadness on the part of the Commander that I won't be able to relate to.

I can always find things to do in GW2, and there is no lack of content, challenging or otherwise.

I'm totally fine with Black Lion Chests, and I think they're a great way to raise money for content and features in-between expansions. I do not consider them a 'scam' or a 'ripoff'. You know exactly what you're getting into.

Norn are boring; I know they're supposed to be table-flipping, animal-shifting, viking powerhouses, but they fall short in a bad way.

Asura are a bunch of jerks, and I love it.

@Grimmtooth.4163 said:Wow I opened up a can with this thread.

Mounts , although fun & useful , were a mistake in the long term.The maps from here on now have to be all Canyons & Cliffs or Tunnels. (or disable mounts)This will be even more evident when 3rd expansion comes along.

The mounts work perfectly in any and all of the maps they have added in gw2 thus far.

not sure how unpopular, but having most of the sexy armor/outfits for females is pretty sexist. it's2019 and other MMOs like ESO and FFXIV are doing a much better job at having equal sexiness for both genders. having 2 completely different armor looks for males and females is pretty stupid too btw.

@zealex.9410 said:The mounts work perfectly in any and all of the maps they have added in gw2 thus far.

I've had the most problems with Istan (where mounting up has made me fall through the floor a few times) and Thunderhead (where mounting up has left me trapped inside scenery twice today). Old maps seem much smoother, I think because there's less going on in one place. New maps have more stuff to load, I guess.

@Gulbasaur.1865 said:

@zealex.9410 said:The mounts work perfectly in any and all of the maps they have added in gw2 thus far.

I've had the most problems with Istan (where mounting up has made me fall through the floor a few times) and Thunderhead (where mounting up has left me trapped inside scenery twice today). Old maps seem much smoother, I think because there's less going on in one place. New maps have more stuff to load, I guess.

I mean thats not the mechanics of the mounts in terms of gameplay not going well with the maps, those are very clearly bugs. They are more so outliers than the norm.

@coso.9173 said:not sure how unpopular, but having most of the sexy armor/outfits for females is pretty sexist. it's2019 and other MMOs like ESO and FFXIV are doing a much better job at having equal sexiness for both genders. having 2 completely different armor looks for males and females is pretty stupid too btw.If the same designs are to be used for both sexes, for more revealing armors or outfits does that mean the males are forced to wear bras, or do the females get to go topless?

@"Kalendraf.9521" said:If the same designs are to be used for both sexes, for more revealing armors or outfits does that mean the males are forced to wear bras, or do the females get to go topless?

Option 1) Bras for all.

Option 2) I always thought this Skyrim mod was a great example of how to do armour on women right. These people are going up against dragons and the undead. They need protection, not novelty bras!

48160-1-1387322681.jpg

@Gulbasaur.1865 said:

@"Kalendraf.9521" said:If the same designs are to be used for both sexes, for more revealing armors or outfits does that mean the males are forced to wear bras, or do the females get to go topless?

Option 1) Bras for all.

Option 2) I always thought
was a great example of how to do armour on women right. These people are going up against dragons and the undead. They need protection, not novelty bras!

48160-1-1387322681.jpg

An upcoming armor (outfit) will show you what people are talking about. Of course men don't get to wear a "bra", don't be silly. It's about equality in terms of design: both have no high heels and females don't bare any skin where males are fully covered. Furthermore, proportions look equally good this time (without giving females disproportionally broad hips or fat legs). That's the sort of thing people are talking about when they ask for similar armor sets for both sexes.

@"Weindrasi.3805" said:Human design is terrible, especially the females. They all look like anime girls--too long, too skinny, and like they've had cheap breast enhancements. I can't stand to look at them.Wing back pieces look universally stupid on every character.Scarlet Briar was awesome and I miss her.

k0dD3IW.jpgJW4ivbj.jpgCDM9r8Y.png

Archived