What if we could fight while mounted?

That's less of a real suggestion and more of a carefree "what if" scenario. What if, when mounted, we retained our 2/3/4/5 weapon abilities? The others skills (auto attack, utilities, and elite) would still be unavalaible. That would retain the basic utility of the class, while at the same time still giving drawbacks to remaining mounted? I'm not even sure this would be useful for anything really, but could it be fun?

I'm just hoping the mount doesn't get motion sickness. I mean, imagine how the poor mount would feel spinning like it just doesn't care durring a Warrior's whirling blade or Thief's dagger/dagger 3.

Now that I think about it, a lot of GS attacks are full frontal assults. Perhaps it might be wise to invest in mount helmets too?

There are many issues with that idea in terms of balance and conflict with how mounts are currently implemented.

However, instead each mount would have different 2,3,4 & 5 skills based on the profession of the player riding them. This would mean you can tailor the skills to what kind of mount they are riding but also who is riding it and retain a semblance of balance. This would help to add more uniqueness to each of the mounts if they so wished while also being affected by the profession of the player.

For example mounts like the Raptor has its focus on covering distance and could have more persuit flavoured into its kit while the jackal with its effectively three dodge bars could have a more defencive / evasion flavour to its kit.

As a counter suggestion to people in the thread what would the defining aspects of each of the mounts be and what about every class. How would you imagine such a skillset would appear for say the necromancer jackal or the elementalist griffon.

Do you like how underwater combat works? because that's probably how it would feel on griffon in the air... some skills still to this day feel clunky/barely work underwater because you need terrain to cast it on or it just gets thrown but totally misses your char.

@Chichimec.9364 said:During a large zerg battle in Vabbi I thought I saw a skyscale swooping in and shooting flames. Things were so hectic atm though that I wasn't sure if it really was a skyscale with a rider on it or just a fire wyvern pet. Do the skyscales breathe fire?

They dp, with their engage skill. But that's not what we're talking about :)

@MidnightX.6294 said:first of all: what if we could speak with npc while mounted?

Funny thing is, I'm pretty sure they addressed this somewhere when discussing the mounts? But iirc, they said that they opted to make you dismount when interacting with things because with some interactable it would like...break or glitch the mount somehow if you remained mounted when interacting with it. So instead of making it so some things dismounted you and others randomly didn't they just made it so you always dismount when interacting, since it was too hard to hunt down and fix every single strange interaction with mounts.

As for fighting while mounted, man I'd love to but it would either be broken or clunky most likely ;u ;

@Westenev.5289 said:I'm just hoping the mount doesn't get motion sickness. I mean, imagine how the poor mount would feel spinning like it just doesn't care durring a Warrior's whirling blade or Thief's dagger/dagger 3.

Now that I think about it, a lot of GS attacks are full frontal assults. Perhaps it might be wise to invest in mount helmets too?

Yeah, good point, I don't think the raptor farmers would keep selling you replacement mounts if you keep decapitating them.

I doubt we will ever fight from the current mounts, but a fighting mount seems like a future possibility. (It's the only remaining gap in the mount line-up I can think of, apart from underwater.) Chances are, though, that it would replace your character fighting skills with the mount attacks and skills. Maybe there would be differences between the mount skills based on your class, maybe it would be one size fits all.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:I doubt we will ever fight from the current mounts, but a fighting mount seems like a future possibility.

At this point I'd rather see fighting vehicles like a battle golem suit or a submarine then fighting mounts. I feel like mounts should be used for mobility.