Guild Wars 3: Evidence?

Imo ArenaNet should focus on doing offline games. As a studio. Maybe rpg or even something else. And just forget about mmorpg's.

Last 7+ years showed that they just can't handle MMORPG genre. They're good in doing new things. Which are kind of innovative and creative.I am pretty sure there's ALOT of talented people in ArenaNet. But it looks like when they do something, then they just can't support it enough to keep people interested.We can see it in every competitive game mode. PvP. Raids. WvW.

They do cool things but then it looks like they abandon them to focus on doing another new things. Instead of developing them more and more.Even SaB showed it.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@sigur.9453 said:

I do not understand that argument.Legendary armor can't be crafted in one day in large amounts.Plus to the loss of the most premium gear, gw3 will make people to lose:

• all gemstore upgrades and items.
  • full home instance.
  • premium account upgrades like Fractal God ( that takes year of straight day to day farming to achieve )
  • Super rare items like permanent gizmos from black lion chests.
  • All the possible cosmetic unlocks ( beloved Fashion Wars ).
  • WvW ranks, PvP leagues.

And not everyone farm gold to buy gems for gemstore stuff, thats the funny part. It's not just lose of gaming item for some players, but, in the end, lost investment. More the reason to be disappointed and simply quit if all will be taken away. And for those who farm gold for gems, it's just same side of the coin. Hard effort spent to achieve it.

@Aeon.4583 said:

I do not understand that argument.Legendary armor can't be crafted in one day in large amounts.Plus to the loss of the most premium gear, gw3 will make people to lose:
  • full home instance.
  • premium account upgrades like Fractal God ( that takes year of straight day to day farming to achieve )

And not everyone farm gold to buy gems for gemstore stuff, thats the funny part. It's not just lose of gaming item for some players, but, in the end, lost investment. More the reason to be disappointed and simply quit if all will be taken away. And for those who farm gold for gems, it's just same side of the coin. Hard effort spent to achieve it.

So?As I said, it's a new game. You items will still be there on gw2 (!!!) until server are going down.Gemstore items are no investment as you put it. You pay a fee to get an item. Pretty normal for a live game service.

Like WoW, GW2 has implemented such a great platform, why would there EVER be a GW3? GW2 improved a lot of things that weren't possible with the poor hardware from the days of GW1.
After the 'suggested' QoL improvements coming with S5, why make another platform. Just keep making rich stories and challenging scenarios.

The only thing to make it faster/better would be to make GW2 a bare-metal platform with an emulator module to also do some work, web-browsing or email.

@Cyninja.2954 said:Pretty sure the event is there to launch a new story arc and create some buzz so GW2 doesn't go down among all the expansions currently hitting other MMOs.

Exactly. No one said all of GW2 had to be about Elder Dragons beginning to end. Tyria holds so much potential for any fantasy story possible, so whatever comes next, I doubt it will be GW3. I sure hope there won't be a GW3 for another decade at least, because it would suck to finally get a good storyline and pace and all the new updates (build templates, legendary upgrades, UI update etc) added only at the final stage of the game - that's like upgrading a car with all the goodies you've always wanted it to have only to sell it shortly after.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I think it's been mention gw2 coding is a mess and a nightmare to develope for so maybe anet producing gw3 using cleaner coding is the answer so everytime something's developed for the game it doesn't take so long and isn't followed by a buggy mess on release.That's no reason to abandoned an game. You can always refactor the code which is an iterative process but by no means would you create a new game due to how the game was coded.

@Aeon.4583 said:

• full home instance.

there are far more potential players coming in Guild Wars universe than there are those that will stop playing Guild Wars cuz they got angry they spent gems on it fully aware that no game lasts forever. It really is strange how people forget that current kids that are not of age to currently play games will be in a few years. We are easily replaced. New games, using modern and up-to-date technologies are the ones that get more attention when deciding what to play.

If they do create a GW3, I hope they create it to not be as casual as this game. The worst mistake Anet probably made was to cater almost entirely to casuals and non-gamers. It made the game end up being an MMO on training wheels and put off a large percentage of MMO players.

That said, I don’t think there’s any evidence to suggest that they’re working on a GW3. It takes years to develop a new game, and with them letting a third of their staff go back in February to have the remaining refocus on GW2, it just seems unlikely.

I'd like to see an engine update and refinement to some of their systems (drops and crafting needs a major overhaul). Combat challenge in vanilla zones could also use an update.

Otherwise, art style is amazing, content released is good, and the game is still fun to theory craft builds for open world pve.

My guess is thwy are working on an RPG.

There will be a third big expansion before they start gw3 and that’s if they do stay making mmos. And gw3 would be set in the far future so they can go all Tec would be awesome in pvp and the tec awakes some old gods and what not. And thfs can have gunblades!!! Wattttt!

ANet devs have already said that they aren't going to invest in an entirely new engine, so long as there's good life left in this one. The reason they worked on GW2 in the first place was that there were limits to the GW1 engine that didn't allow them to implement the sorts of stories they wanted to tell. Until that's also true of this engine, there's no financial benefit to them to throw away the current investment and take a chance on a new game.

@Gamble.4580 said:There will be a third big expansion before they start gw3 and that’s if they do stay making mmos. And gw3 would be set in the far future so they can go all Tec would be awesome in pvp and the tec awakes some old gods and what not. And thfs can have gunblades!!! Wattttt!

final world of fantasy craft is that way ------->

I admit I am for the next expansion vs LW. But that said I think GW2 still has a lot more growth potential. That said be it fan fiction or not that supposed leaked business plan from a few years ago is still on track which call for couple of LWs and then expansion, multiple LWs and then expansion. Each expansion being evaluated for ROI to determine if the next one made financial sense.

@Mystic Angelique.4021 said:"There is a thing called 64 bit whether be it out of necessity or forced into it, just be prepared for it."Submission for fact checking

@Mystic Angelique.4021 said:There is a thing called 64 bit whether be it out of necessity or forced into it, just be prepared for it.

The current client moved fully to 64 bit a while ago

Judging by the current progress rate, this will might happen sometime in the future. Final Fantasy Graphic lol

Not sure what your doing but I've being playing the 64-bit client for at least a year or more.

The 45 minute hype is just going to be an expansion esc intro for LS5 is all.. they have said no new expansions just LS with expansion like content going forward... but your excitable desire is admiral