Hatched Chili uses

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, raykor.6723 said:

Most Living World Season gatherables can be consumed for unbound/volatile magic but I don't think you can do anything with these chilis. has anyone found a use for them or just destroy them?

Thanks.

Yea Sadly they seem to be the point at which Anet changed directions with no clear path in mind for Living World. So the currency never got a use. Since I have to guess I have always suspected that originally the map would have a VM meta currency type setup, but they decided they wanted to change how ppl farm and maybe wanted to devalue VM like they did with UM as they moved to lw5 (icebrood) and that currency just got left on the road.

The foods are useless and I dont know of anything to use them for. I have a Home insatance node and as my bank fills I just delete them. Its sad too because it's one of the cooler maps event and fun wise, but it has no reason to visit unless you are doing AP collections.

In geneeral I dont like the way they did lw5 currency. I dont farm it much because its an inventory nightmare. I did camp some alts in borja to make 32 slot bags for all my toons, but thats about it.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 2

Found this thread because I too was beginning to accumulate too many Hatched Chilis.

I found a use for them although it's NOT a good one.

Use them to buy Voice of Metal, the microphone-skinned warhorn. This item can be sold to vendors for 90 Silver or salvaged.

The catch is that besides spending 250 Hatched Chilis, you also need to spend 2,000 Volatile Magic per Voice of Metal. So there's a quite a bit of opportunity cost in that you could instead be using that Volatile Magic on something else with greater returns.

But that's the only way you can convert your spare Hatched Chilis into gold.

Hope that helps, at least with people who don't want to waste the chilis by just destroying them.

Problem is that if it's not the best return on Volatile Magic, what you're essentially doing is inefficiently converting volatile magic into gold. You're still not getting anything from the hatched chilis.

A similar observation applies to the recipes that use them - when you account for the values of the other ingredients, they're worthless. If they weren't account-bound, they'd probably be another one of those 'commodities' that is perpetually at a 2c sell price with no buy orders.

Get all the account unlocks you can with them and destroy the rest. They're not worth the inventory space, and if you do ever need more, Grothmar Wardown dailies and the Shiverpeaks Pass strike mission will replenish your supply in no time.

• Like 2

I was stock piling Charr Cars for a while, but this buyer came over and offered me a boat load in Ice Shards and Charr legion great swords. He looked kinda chilly so I asked him if he wanted a coat or something, but said he was fine. Charr acting like a tough guy. But deals a deal and sold him my stock pile. A few days later some portal opened up and a bunch of other frozen looking Charr came through and grabbed the tanks going back through the portal... Wonder whatever happened to them.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Tanith.5264 said:

Sellable, or at least consumable. I'm getting mighty aggravated with the "eternal ice shards" that are eternally clogging up my inventory...

Eternal Ice shards shouldn't be piling up.  Use the Karma merchant in eye of the north to convert them.  There's good money in converting them to mats that produce volatile magic.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

They should just make them consumable to give karma. Same for Prismaticite_Crystal. Like 300 karma each.

They even made home nodes for both and both dont have a use without wasting other currency u may need (tons of karma, magic).

So u gain more and more of them and u cant do anything with them except deleting.

Making them consumable for karma would also solve the issue that Eternal Ice Shards had (making people farm in bjora instead of lw4 maps) because karma is a currency usable on almost all maps: core, pof, hot, lw2, lw3, lw4, icebrood and most likely also in Eod.
I cant see a downside of making them consumable for 300 karma each, or even 100-200 karma each if 300 is too much.

I think these are the only mats that have really no use without wasting tons of other useful stuff.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
On 2/27/2022 at 9:27 AM, SeTect.5918 said:

They should just make them consumable to give karma. Same for Prismaticite_Crystal. Like 300 karma each.

They even made home nodes for both and both dont have a use without wasting other currency u may need (tons of karma, magic).

So u gain more and more of them and u cant do anything with them except deleting.

Making them consumable for karma would also solve the issue that Eternal Ice Shards had (making people farm in bjora instead of lw4 maps) because karma is a currency usable on almost all maps: core, pof, hot, lw2, lw3, lw4, icebrood and most likely also in Eod.
I cant see a downside of making them consumable for 300 karma each, or even 100-200 karma each if 300 is too much.

I think these are the only mats that have really no use without wasting tons of other useful stuff.

Nice ideia. Bjora is my fav map! Would be so cool to see more people farming in Bjora and the map becomes good to farm as Dragonfall.

About the Prismaticite Crystal, what a useless item!!!! The recipes for Prismatium Ingot are too expensive, it is far better just buy it in trading post and delete the crystals.

Edited by Cesar.6701
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, costepj.5120 said:

Yeah, that's why we'll never see LS1 re-released. Oh, wait ...

I think you can understand that that's very different from the rest. Bringing content back is different from going over old content in other words. The rest of the old content is still in the game and all they've done is streamline some things, like the dungeon currencies, but there aren't any new rewards for that either.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1