Resurrection speed is completely out of control

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Lets slap a 300s cd and call it a day. Maybe give more instant stomp options like daredevil and warrior have

yes, from OP revives to OP stomps, how about middle ground eh ?

So no downstate? J/K. Let's bring damage back up instead by returning damage to CCs.

there is so many ways to fix it its actually mindshattering that NOTHING is actually being tried.1 reducing revive speed2 increasing damage3 specific anti-revive mechanics ( increased damage taken when reviving for example )4 poison buff against downed enemies5 revive cooldown ( if you get rupted, you have X sec before you can try again )6 bleed out speed increase ( or gradually increase over time ) ( along with encro trait change, instead off removing bleedout it slows it down, you have 0 bleedout at the start, but as it increases, trait becomes weaker and weaker )

Put me down as in favor of increased damage and reduced revive speed.

I'm pretty sure myself and others were saying that revive speed needed to get reduced probably a year or more ago.

Also that downstate in general needs to get a lot of changes due in large part to the fact that some classes are still strong despite being downed. Downstate has needed to be homogenized (health, skills, etc) for a while now, probably ever since Druid and Revenant came into being in HoT when the boon scaling started climbing upwards and more dedicated healing was being added into the game.

Will ANet do anything about these things though? Nope. Why? Well they've adamantly latched onto the heavily casual gameplay methodology so making literally anything slightly more difficult to accomplish is highly out of the question. They'd sooner time gate it than make something more difficult. Instead of res speed getting reduced you'll get a debuff that keeps you from ressing for 2 minutes, which is not an ideal solution and would not go over well which is exactly in line with how they handle most other issues in the game; by completely skirting around the appropriate solution for addressing a problem and going a completely different and inane direction with it.

@Shao.7236 said:How do you intend to make Stability/Blind irrelevant to it?

Have stomping automatically strip stability.Disable stomping during invulnerability (like shrink elixir).Stop the channelling of the stomp, when any skill is used (including instant abilities like Thief's teleports).

These are just some ideas.

Nerfing stomping sounds like an unecessary chore.That's what nerfs to revival sound to me.In my experience, stomping and cleaving are far more effective than reviving people

@Shao.7236 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:If they are ever going to nerf reviving, I hope they also are going to nerf stomping and remove safe-stomping in the same update.

How do you intend to make Stability/Blind irrelevant to it?

Nerfing stomping sounds like an unecessary chore.

It's also pointless. Stomp is already not very strong, especially at higher levels of play since everyone who is plat or higher and their mom and their moms mom and their moms moms mom knows how easy it is to interrupt a stomp.

@Fueki.4753 said:If they are ever going to nerf reviving, I hope they also are going to nerf stomping and remove safe-stomping in the same update.

Yes, because having a huge health pool, unnerfed skills and the potential for insane healing income isn't enough, a downed player also should absolutely be able to disable any counterplay and leave anyone who tries to finish - who are by the way not the ones who are lying on the ground, close to death - completely defenseless. Sounds perfectly reasonable ...

What do you guys think pvp would be like if we disabled manual rezing in pvp? Like you can't press F on downed allies anymore, and the only way for them to rez is with a rez skill like Signet of Mercy or if they self revive (self revive power would be doubled).

The solution is to remove almost every monster's mechanic that will instantly down/defeat a character and nerf every 1 shotting player's abilities, the existence of the down state justifies the implementation of more 1 shotting mechanics. No killer mechanics, no problem

First of all, when ever I try to rez someone 9/10 times I gonna die because of cleave from enemy's, not completely sure if we play the same game

But if you want faster kills, maybe bring quickness stomp back?

But guys look, we have teleport stomps, savestomps, poison, cc (you can use that on guys that cast a rez utility (OMG!!!!))we have a lot of dmg to actually cleave and we also have a human brain, you can use it in combination with all Things I said above and use that to secure a kill

They want stomping and reviving to be a suspenseful moment, so they try to have things teetering on the edge. I don't think they got this feeling of teetering down for all professions. Some professions got utilities that would work really well, but lack enough synergy to be in the meta. Other professions got things in the meta that are so good that you pretty much know you are going to complete a stomp or revive as those professions. It's all over the place.

Then there's another issue. Just look at the difference between these two wiki article sections:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Finish#Skills_that_finishhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revival#Skills_that_revive

One doesn't exist and redirects to a page about cosmetic finishers, because it would lack anything relevant. The other exists and gives plenty of skills that specifically aim to revive fallen players. Not even a little section on trivia that could help finish an enemy is on the finisher page. Maybe the game could use a little more utilities that target specifically finishing off downed opponents?

Worst thing about this disproportionate revive power is that it is becoming much much more difficult to actually win 1v2s. It used to be where a p+ player could consistently win 1v2s against gold opponents, but now all they have to do is land 1 CC at the right time against the p2 and that is enough time to res their downed partner with full health again.

Getting to be pretty cringe tbh.

Even in WvW lately, this revive crap is pretty much the opposite of "no downstate". During "no downstate" events, stronger roamers can easily win 1v2s or 1v3s. But with this ridiculous revive meta, a strong roamer can rarely actually finish 1v2s because dudes revive each other too fast.

It's creating a bad feel to the game imo, where it feels like a handicap has been placed vs. veteran players to where sheer numbers just cancels your level of experience over other players. I don't like this effect personally.

@Shao.7236 said:

@mistsim.2748 said:The easy and quick solution is to not count rezzing as healing. Because it's not. Transference shouldnt apply to rezzing.

Don't think it does because I hadn't noticed an increase when I looked into it.

ok. I thought i felt a difference, but i guess it just comes down to the raw healing numbers being too high compared to cleave damage.

@Dadnir.5038 said:Don't we just need all professions to have a finishing blow like daredevil's elite skillchain and warrior's battle standard? I mean, weaver's tailored victory, Reaper's chill to the bone, engineer's supply crate and Revenant shiro's Jade wind could be stomps as well (Ranger, guardian and mesmer don't seem to have fitting skills for that at the moment). It would be enough to bring balance between rallying skills and stomping skills.

Executioners scythe for reaper.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:Don't we just need all professions to have a finishing blow like daredevil's elite skillchain and warrior's
battle standard
? I mean, weaver's
tailored victory
, Reaper's
chill to the bone
, engineer's
supply crate
and Revenant shiro's
Jade wind
could be stomps as well (Ranger, guardian and mesmer don't seem to have fitting skills for that at the moment). It would be enough to bring balance between rallying skills and stomping skills.

I believe the CD is to short. That's why I said "Chill to the bone" instead of executioner's scythe.

@mistsim.2748 said:ok. I thought i felt a difference, but i guess it just comes down to the raw healing numbers being too high compared to cleave damage.

I asked this question a while back around 3 years ago

The revival healing is a percentage of the downstate HP. According to the Wikipedia, Revive speed traits are effected by Healing Modifiers, and they effect the healing ticks, and not the percentage.

So example : If you throw down a revive skill like Geyser on a Downed target that has 30,000 Health in downstate, Each healing tick will revive for 1% of this HP (300 Health per tick) The Healing modifiers bonus from Transfusion sigil would increase this number by 20%. 300 + 20% of 300 = 300+60 for a total of 360 healing per tick.

According to the Wikipedia also, Revival speed that doesn't come from a skill is not effected by Healing Modifiers, Is based SOLELY on the percentage, and is pretty much only dependent on the health of the downstate target.

Wikipedia :Reviving a downed target gives 3% of total health every 0.2 seconds, for a total of 15% per second. It takes 2-7 seconds to revive a downed target based on its initial health.

This means that a downed target with 30,000 Health get's healed 15% per second, and in ticks, is 4,500 Healing per second. The tick healing as far as I know is effected by poison, and is not effected by healing modifiers

A target with 60,000 Health get's healed for 15% per second and in ticks is 9000 healing per second. The more health the player in downstate has, the harder it is to outdps the healing that is occuring while they are being revived.

Strong advise for people that want to abuse the meta : Invest completely in Vitality stats, get 30,000 health, and when you go into downstate, you'll be revived at a rate of 13,500 health per tick, and you'll get up no problem. Has nothing to do with healing modifiers, just the fact that the damage doesn't exist in the game to kill you

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:Don't we just need all professions to have a finishing blow like daredevil's elite skillchain and warrior's
battle standard
? I mean, weaver's
tailored victory
, Reaper's
chill to the bone
, engineer's
supply crate
and Revenant shiro's
Jade wind
could be stomps as well (Ranger, guardian and mesmer don't seem to have fitting skills for that at the moment). It would be enough to bring balance between rallying skills and stomping skills.

I believe the CD is to short. That's why I said
"Chill to the bone"
instead of
executioner's scythe

30 seconds, hits one enemy, requires shroud, does no damage due to being cc?Its fiiine. let em have it.

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:Worst thing about this disproportionate revive power is that it is becoming much much more difficult to actually win 1v2s. It used to be where a p+ player could consistently win 1v2s against gold opponents, but now all they have to do is land 1 CC at the right time against the p2 and that is enough time to res their downed partner with full health again.

Even in WvW lately, this revive kitten is pretty much the opposite of "no downstate". During "no downstate" events, stronger roamers can easily win 1v2s or 1v3s. But with this ridiculous revive meta, a strong roamer can rarely actually finish 1v2s because dudes revive each other too fast.

It's creating a bad feel to the game imo, where it feels like a handicap has been placed vs. veteran players to where sheer numbers just cancels your level of experience over other players. I don't like this effect personally.

This was the point of the downstate mechanic right from the start. People don't want to hear it, but Guild Wars 2 was at the start marketed as a more casual mmo, and the devs added the downstate mechanic because it acts as a sort of "comeback mechanic" for bad/casual players, so they wouldn't get punished too hard and get frustrated.

@Quadox.7834 said:

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:Worst thing about this disproportionate revive power is that it is becoming much much more difficult to actually win 1v2s. It used to be where a p+ player could consistently win 1v2s against gold opponents, but now all they have to do is land 1 CC at the right time against the p2 and that is enough time to res their downed partner with full health again.

Even in WvW lately, this revive kitten is pretty much the opposite of "no downstate". During "no downstate" events, stronger roamers can easily win 1v2s or 1v3s. But with this ridiculous revive meta, a strong roamer can rarely actually finish 1v2s because dudes revive each other too fast.

This was the point of the downstate mechanic right from the start. People don't want to hear it, but Guild Wars 2 was at the start marketed as a more casual mmo, and the devs added the downstate mechanic because it acts as a sort of "comeback mechanic" for bad/casual players, so they wouldn't get punished too hard and get frustrated.

I completely agree with there being a downstate mechanic for that very reason as well as others. I do not advocate removing downstate by any means. It would cause way way way too many DEEP balance issues that people are not quite recognizing, the ones who do advocate removing downstate that is.

My point is that the downstate should make it "easy" for two casuals to beat a strong veteran 2v1, but it shouldn't "guarantee" that they can beat a strong veteran 2v1. Lately the revive mechanics are just too strong to the point that as soon as you're 1v2 you know you've already lost and that's no fun. Nowadays when you're 1v2, the goal is kiting & surviving not actually aiming at winning the 1v2.