Leechers in Dragonstorm [Merged]

Lenny.1462

Well, every day I see the AFK ppl in Dragonstorm and report then for botting, because is kind like it. Every day I ask ppl to do the same and the map chat flood of ppl defending AFK ppl. This is corruption, ppl leeching over the others work and I don't see ANET doing nothing. Sry about the ones that ask to report me for false reporting, sry about ppl that defend this kind of behavior, but I'll report AFK players because this is not fair, stay afk when ppl work for then is corruption. 

I am happy to see a post here with ppl with similar feelings.

• Confused 2

14 hours ago, Ney Matogrosso.5736 said:

Well, every day I see the AFK ppl in Dragonstorm and report then for botting, because is kind like it. Every day I ask ppl to do the same and the map chat flood of ppl defending AFK ppl. This is corruption, ppl leeching over the others work and I don't see ANET doing nothing. Sry about the ones that ask to report me for false reporting, sry about ppl that defend this kind of behavior, but I'll report AFK players because this is not fair, stay afk when ppl work for then is corruption. 

you are wasting your time, your report is useless since they are not bots.

leeching is not forbidden in this game so if you don't want to see it, you assemble your squad and you fire the players who do not respect your rules.

you don't have to go in 80 players free mode.

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, radda.8920 said:

leeching is not forbidden in this game so if you don't want to see it, you assemble your squad and you fire the players who do not respect your rules.

It actually is, but the odds of being caught is realistically nonexistent.

18 minutes ago, Healix.5819 said:

It actually is, but the odds of being caught is realistically nonexistent.

Where in the rules does it state that?

edit:

For clarification, I’m asking that in the context of this thread and not sPvP. 

And yes, they’re technically incorrect about it not being forbidden in the entire game. 

Edited by Ayrilana.1396

1 hour ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

Where in the rules does it state that?

It's not specifically in the rules. Leeching like this (as in standing off to the side doing nothing) would get the same treatment as AFKing. The most they'd likely do however is kick them from the map, which is what they've done to griefers in the past.

You can see the support lead mention it on reddit - "You need to be active and involved when you gain benefits in the game. So "afking while meta", if it gives you a benefit, is not okay. The game was made to be played, actively, by a person directing the actions directly."

23 hours ago, Ney Matogrosso.5736 said:

It's fine reporting player for botting I do so myself everytime I see a necromancer with more than 2 minions.

But if content was good you wouldn't have that much issue. Try report the content for not being good enough to make player want to play it instead, it would be better to fix the core issue 😊

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Healix.5819 said:

It's not specifically in the rules. Leeching like this (as in standing off to the side doing nothing) would get the same treatment as AFKing. The most they'd likely do however is kick them from the map, which is what they've done to griefers in the past.

You can see the support lead mention it on reddit - "You need to be active and involved when you gain benefits in the game. So "afking while meta", if it gives you a benefit, is not okay. The game was made to be played, actively, by a person directing the actions directly."

It’s not quite the same though. Credit for the event is awarded by participating in that final event which they do participate in.  Taking issue with them for doing that would set the precedent to do the same to all players who choose to not participate in an entire meta throughout the game. If someone doesn’t do the pre-events for the world bosses such as FE, and just sits there, then action should be taken against them as well. 

There’s also the matter that they’re not engaging with content while AFK which was one of the three criteria that needed to be satisfied in regards to the AFK farmers. Simply being AFK is not against any of the rules.  During the period that they’re AFK, they’re not gaining any benefit because participation credit isn’t obtainable until the final event which they do participate in. 

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
  • Like 1

Can we please get a system in place to boot or deny rampant abuse of people going afk entire event and claiming loot? Same people each and every time.  Lose motivation to run this when the afk'er gets better loot than you do for no effort.  Either kick inactive, require a certain stacking participation bar or something.  Otherwise report as lfg abuse/bots is not working.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

It‘s even more pathetic when you see that most of them are either 2nd accounts only there to leech or max mastery level with raid titles that are doing the leeching. Wish Anet could implement a solution to remove those players from the instance when not participating.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

I've been suffering with this since Dragonstorm came out.  Every day I jump into the public event and every day I end up angry from doing all the work while others sit and don't participate.  This type of behavior doesn't help the community and is very disrespectful to the other gamers that are working together.  Anet, please put in place a participation/damage meter or something that would prevent these afkers from getting loot they did not earn.  

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, achronis.3597 said:

I've been suffering with this since Dragonstorm came out.  Every day I jump into the public event and every day I end up angry from doing all the work while others sit and don't participate.  This type of behavior doesn't help the community and is very disrespectful to the other gamers that are working together.  Anet, please put in place a participation/damage meter or something that would prevent these afkers from getting loot they did not earn.  

The problem is that the event itself is boring, unlike others which require cooperation such as Marionette.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

The problem is that the event itself is boring, unlike others which require cooperation such as Marionette.

This 100%. The Marionette is extremely fun and actually takes effort. DS is boring easy and near impossible to fail, so people afk it. 

• Like 1

I agree, AFKers just sit on the hill and push special action at the end of the event to get credit for the Mastery achievment, I'm sure that at least one time an ANET guy was in the instance with ANET tag up, hope  he had noticed it once and for all, at the same time when i did'nt realize that you actually have to press the special action on the hill at the end of the event i didn't get the credit for the mastery at least 5 times but I was involved always in any phase.

Really not fair

Edited by NaramSin.2693
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, achronis.3597 said:

I've been suffering with this since Dragonstorm came out.

We've all been suffering with this since the game came out thanks to the way metas are designed. When everyone get rewarded equally no matter what they did or if they even did anything at all, AFKing is rampant. AFKers won't feel bad for "missing out" if they don't need to do anything. The feelings of people who need to work twice as hard to pick up their slack don't matter of course.

13 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

This 100%. The Marionette is extremely fun and actually takes effort. DS is boring easy and near impossible to fail, so people afk it. 

Give it time. Maybe the public version only lasts for a limited time since anet knows people will AFK the crap out of it after people know what they're doing.

Edited by Yggranya.5201
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

AFKers are kittens and it do not depends on events, you can even do marionette with a  necro and simply facerolling over the keyoard, it-s up to you to anjoy the game, AFKers simply have an antisocial personality disorder

• Like 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, NaramSin.2693 said:

AFKers are kittens and it do not depends on events, you can even do marionette with a  necro and simply facerolling over the keyoard, it-s up to you to anjoy the game, AFKers simply have an antisocial personality disorder

Er..no...i know some very antisocial people who might have disorders who dont afk at events. Making a group of folks who have disorders your target because you dont like afk behaviour is an awful thing to do.

Edited by Dante.1763
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Yggranya.5201 said:

We've all been suffering with this since the game came out thanks to the way metas are designed. When everyone get rewarded equally no matter what they did or if they even did anything at all, AFKing is rampant. AFKers won't feel bad for "missing out" if they don't need to do anything. The feelings of people who need to work twice as hard to pick up their slack don't matter of course.

Give it time. Maybe the public version only lasts for a limited time since anet knows people will AFK the crap out of it after people know what they're doing.

People afk'd on public marionette as well. Didnt help during the gates defense, didnt help during the champphase (since you USUALLY have more than 2 people on each platform, sadly it was just him and me and i couldnt kill the generator in time). People afk after their champphase too, when you need to defend the gate (so all lanes can finish).

People will always find a way to afk. Always.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

If something were to be done, I’d see those same players just bring a necro with minions so that they can just let the minions participate for them as Anet has shown that they have no issues with that. 

Its so true it hurts 😞

As of yet, I haven't seen it as such a huge problem that the activity scales to a point where it doesn't get done in a reasonable amount of time with those actually playing.

Sometimes I'm not always 'exactly' where I'm supposed to be either. Examples, I will leave the opening Braham fight early to WP and get in position 'before' the cut scene to start working on the north ... uh ... 'stone crystal thingy' (<-that's either the official wiki name, or i'm just never going to remember any of these names for things they make up 🤪). If I'm all out of EMP before the final bubble (which I usually am, and only like to get one stack for the entire encounter from a table), I won't bother helping on that and just go wait by one of the crystals for the end ability (so Aurene doesn't get too wild). I suppose it's possible people run up in those situations and think I might be a moocher too, but I'm not.