Leechers in Dragonstorm [Merged]

Lenny.1462

if the efford reward ratio was in balance then there were no leechers. right now it is like 100 runs for NOTHING. it hurts when you work your .. off every day for nothing. and see others ping their reward (all new players, i whispered some) it is an unfair event.
takes too long to finish.
and if you have the same chance while doing nothing as ppl who actually doing the battle then why help? i am not a person like that and i always help. but many ppl in games these days are toxic in different ways and don't care about others (example call of duty games) so they let others doing the work. and if you don't get a reward for being afk then it is in balance. (no effort, no loot)
if you get a reward for being afk i think it feels better then doing 100 tries without any reward.

they just have to fix the design to make it fair. 1000 mistbourne chests is ridiculous. a chest should be rewarded for 10 - 15 runs.
and yes it is ascended. or just 1 chest in 15 runs and after that it is RNG. i would be doing more runs when i already got 1, and continue for more. 

• Confused 2

I dont care much for infusions, or the 2 golds that comes with it.  I can get defense seal by doing missions. 

Two things:

1- i dont endorse leeching, i play the game to play it, not to aggravate others.
2- The fight itself is a real pile of guano and reminds me of the final fight with Caudecus in Lake Doric before they toned it down. DS is not quite as bad, but the feel is very much there. If you're not carefull and dont spend half your time dodging, you're gonna get bounced and pushed and knocked and launched and what not around, making you wish you were riding inside a washing machine.

To the leechers, you had enough of my time, im off to some other map.
To Anet: The fight needs to scale properly, if the map aint full it feels like a job and i already have a full time one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katastroff.1045 said:

At least, they'll do something.😁

Barely anything.  Using your special action on either elder dragon just once gives you gold credit for that particular event and gives you full participation for the meta.

Players can also bring their minionmancers and place them where the ley siphons spawn and will also likely get credit.  The changes won't really change leeching/AFKing as those players will just make minor adjustments and still be able to do the same as they did before.

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, firedragon.8953 said:

We will see it is "enough" or not

Well the phases where you have to fight both of them at once don't seem to scale with the amount of players anymore so yes, you have to be active to get a hit in. The whole thing still takes about 15 min for an open PuG to finish so I'm happy with how it is rn.

1 hour ago, Tails.9372 said:

Well the phases where you have to fight both of them at once don't seem to scale with the amount of players anymore so yes, you have to be active to get a hit in. The whole thing still takes about 15 min for an open PuG to finish so I'm happy with how it is rn.

Except the leechers don’t actually need to participate in those specifically. All they need to do is participate in any of the events just enough to get credit which then gives them overall credit for the meta itself.

Participation can be gained by barely doing something in any particular event.  You can also achieve it passively by running herald as a boon bot or a minionmancer stationed at one of the key things for when that event is up. 

All that changed was that some minimum form of participation is now required when before players just needed to be in the instance to get loot. 

4 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

The scaling is currently bugged which is why it goes so fast. I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets fixed this week. 

Yeah something was WAY off today. Bosses died in less than a minute. Is this a known or acknowledged bug from Anet? I don't mind easy but today was just ridiculous. 

21 minutes ago, Deihnyx.6318 said:

The scaling will absolutely need to be fixed. It's currently impossible to get some achievements with how fast the champions melt.
Sure we're happy, but for a new player it's really not cool lol

You know they can just replay their personal story step to get unlimited time to get those achievements right?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

The scaling is currently bugged which is why it goes so fast. I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets fixed this week. 

I hope Anet see this is a good thing and, if they want, only increase boss health a teeny-tiny bit, because this boring crap don't deserve to be longer than 10 mins

Edited by Ultramex.1506
  • Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 7:12 PM, Deihnyx.6318 said:

The scaling will absolutely need to be fixed. It's currently impossible to get some achievements with how fast the champions melt.
Sure we're happy, but for a new player it's really not cool lol

I also prefer the current "fix". The whole fight should take less than 15minutes, just like the other world bosses. Also, The ending being so fast, makes the people who AFK and join at the end miss their tags. Yeah, there are still people AFK, some join after the cinematic, others join during the second pylons fight. I don't know if the ones who join during the pylons can get the chests, but yeah...

Maybe decrease the first phase bosses' health and increase the second phase(after cinematic) bosses' health?

The first phase takes about 3-4min to kill each boss... the second phase they melt in 30s 🤣. Maybe around 2-3min for each fight could work, 2min(ryland), 2min(braham), 3min(both) and another 3min (both, with breakbars) = 10minutes? (ignoring the pylons and special action skill events) I know it all depends on the amount of people, their builds, etc, but every time I did dragonstorm after the patch, it seems the same, high health at first(takes a long time to kill), low health after the cinematic(they melt).

• Like 1

Yeah. The scale is a little better now, but people can AFK again.

I just forced myself to AFK and check their "participation" requirement. I only joined for the second pylon event (hit a single pylon), hit Ryland afterwards and used the special action skill on Jormag. Got the chest at the end. Don't know if me hitting Ryland for that whole part did it, but that's awful. People can still shamefully AFK for the most part and get the rewards.

I still see necromancers and heralds AFK, they just moved to where the battle happens now (sometimes they tag the first pylon event and go to the battle, sometimes they go to the battle and then move to the pylons and stay there).

https://i.imgur.com/Ye4D0HF.png

Edited by hgkmaxymus.9321
adding the picture

On 11/14/2021 at 12:34 AM, hgkmaxymus.9321 said:

Yeah. The scale is a little better now, but people can AFK again.

I just forced myself to AFK and check their "participation" requirement. I only joined for the second pylon event (hit a single pylon), hit Ryland afterwards and used the special action skill on Jormag. Got the chest at the end. Don't know if me hitting Ryland for that whole part did it, but that's awful. People can still shamefully AFK for the most part and get the rewards.

I still see necromancers and heralds AFK, they just moved to where the battle happens now (sometimes they tag the first pylon event and go to the battle, sometimes they go to the battle and then move to the pylons and stay there).

https://i.imgur.com/Ye4D0HF.png

It's less than that. All you need to do is to use special action key once at correct moment to the the final chest. So if you skip the minor drops from killing mobs, you get full reward for using single key once. 😄

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

It's less than that. All you need to do is to use special action key once at correct moment to the the final chest. So if you skip the minor drops from killing mobs, you get full reward for using single key once. 😄

Wait dident they fix that so you need to do more now?