Leechers in Dragonstorm [Merged]

Lenny.1462

On 7/14/2021 at 6:43 AM, zitounae.4803 said:

i got that very same guy (among others eventually) afkin with his minions on the spot i farms mobs like, everytime i log there, for weeks

Leave him, he's farming T6 mats, flooding the TP with them and making them cheaper as there's more supply than demand.

AFK necros are doing God's work! 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

The problem is that the event itself is boring, unlike others which require cooperation such as Marionette.

The afkers change that in a horrible way. Especially during phase 3, we sometimes can no longer crush the break-bar, when the champions channel their elite-skills. This means you have a lot of corpses within a split-second. To add insult to injury, some of those afkers decide to go afk in the middle of the field to cause less suspicion. So we keep wasting resurrection. We resurrect the downed as fast as possible.

But that only works until Ryland and Braham decide to team up. This happens more often recently, I fear due to the afkers who parked their characters in the middle of the map. It seems the champions cannot harm each others but beat the kitten out of the players together.

In addition, some of those maps face a rare bug, where Ryland's and Braham's HP pool can reset ~ 25 %, back to 75 %. Had that in one encounter a few days ago. That run took almost 40 minutes.

-

In conclusion: Players who actively participate in the event receive punishment. Players who decide to go afk get free rewards. There are easier ways to make two gold in 15 minutes.

Edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Leave him, he's farming T6 mats, flooding the TP with them and making them cheaper as there's more supply than demand.

AFK necros are doing God's work! 😉

If you are not part of the group of players who intent to sell the materials they get from playing the game to make gold, I suppose they are.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

if leechers are banned from this mission, no one will do dragon storm anymore.... We have to face the facts, it is almost impossible to get involved for 20/25 minutes in this mission without going crazy, it is so boring.

Even if everyone does not stay motionless from start to finish, many players take breaks for 4/5 min to mentally hold on. if arena has to make a modification, it is above all to completely change this content and make it motivating. I don't know who came up with the idea of making such boring  sponges to kill  3 times in a row, but it's just untenable.

they are largely able to make content that prevents leeching. I have hardly seen any of them during marionette because it requires involvement and it is above all very fun to do ..

in short, the problem is not the leechers but the content itself. As long as you are satisfied with such mediocre missions, we will never advance in this game.

you take the problem completely upside down. Leechers are the result of bad choices in the content design.

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

On 7/21/2021 at 9:55 PM, Voltekka.2375 said:

People afk'd on public marionette as well. Didnt help during the gates defense, didnt help during the champphase (since you USUALLY have more than 2 people on each platform, sadly it was just him and me and i couldnt kill the generator in time). People afk after their champphase too, when you need to defend the gate (so all lanes can finish).

People will always find a way to afk. Always.

Only difference is the people doing that, cause the instance to fail and bam, 15 mins of afk'ing in game and getting squat and actually causing other people to get squat. Its different with Marionette because you are taking up a slot that someone who can make a difference could be using. Whereas with Dragonstorm, you can solo the entire instance. 

some people afk'd in Marionette sure, but its always on the low to 0 side. And now they can't for awhile as private you extremely need everyone doing the work. 

Easy fix, have a participation % that fills up for every event during dragonstorm, so anyone who afk's til end gets no loot or 1 blue, and people who do the events get either 100% normal rate or a bonus based on participation, why should the hard workers doing the boring event get unfairly treated. Make every "portion" of dragonstorm add 20%, more than enough events in there to hit 100, cap it at 150% for hard workers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike.7983 said:

Easy fix, have a participation % that fills up for every event during dragonstorm, so anyone who afk's til end gets no loot or 1 blue, and people who do the events get either 100% normal rate or a bonus based on participation, why should the hard workers doing the boring event get unfairly treated. Make every "portion" of dragonstorm add 20%, more than enough events in there to hit 100, cap it at 150% for hard workers.

Ok so they tag each event and then go “AFK” until the next. 

• Confused 1

On 7/21/2021 at 1:44 PM, Dante.1763 said:

Er..no...i know some very antisocial people who might have disorders who dont afk at events. Making a group of folks who have disorders your target because you dont like afk behaviour is an awful thing to do.

So i think I'll go AFK

19 hours ago, Mike.7983 said:

Usually they dont care about loot but just about achievments connected to the event itself (like do x time the event and so on) they should use the same idea you suggested also for this instead asking to

just activate the last special action at the end of the meta

Edited by NaramSin.2693

On 7/21/2021 at 4:14 PM, Ayrilana.1396 said:

If something were to be done, I’d see those same players just bring a necro with minions so that they can just let the minions participate for them as Anet has shown that they have no issues with that. 

That's ok at least they could be useful in some way and not just a pile of unmovable rubbish as it is now

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...

Why you not join private squad? (not try to be offence just curious) for dragonstorm i always join tought lfg and not got that problems you mentioned as commander have adional rights to lead team making sure evryone consider inaf effor for team, for public dragonstorm most afkers are alts of ppl that made dragonstorm on mains before  

To be honest before thay added dragonstorm i not even knowed thers "public" option i always did strikes by lfg and thinked its standard and public is only to check how fight looks like , same with drms wher you cant even active cms ther until you join as group xd 

From bottom of my heart i recomed checking private squads, maybe your fun will back as you will have totaly diferent experience 

I can say most fun i had doing it by 10ppl squad but bigger squads are fine too ^^ 

Yes im medium skilled player 250li+ and usualy making squads by myself if thers not any in lfg, i like helping  other pll and never reqire li as  commander even for boneskiner or 2-3cm run on frozen steel ^^

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2021 at 4:14 PM, Ayrilana.1396 said:

If something were to be done, I’d see those same players just bring a necro with minions so that they can just let the minions participate for them as Anet has shown that they have no issues with that. 

ye but 90% of the afkers are standing at the waypoints and dont move at all .. so its very obvious that they afk. I report each one of them for LFG abuse.  

• Confused 1

Yesterday in Dragonstorm I was rushing to the rescue of the same downed player on the field, again and again until I finally realized they were afk. Big facepalm moment. 😭 At least those up on the hill don't waste the time of poor healers...

Rewards based on actually participating would be good, I think. Or even getting kicked from the instance after a certain time, if one isn't participating.

Claiming that the mission itself is boring or not challenging enough is not relevant for the issue at hand. People aren't AFKing because they find it boring, they AFK because they want to earn gold with zero effort. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fny.4502 said:

Claiming that the mission itself is boring or not challenging enough is not relevant for the issue at hand. People aren't AFKing because they find it boring, they AFK because they want to earn gold with zero effort.

It's both. An encounter that would be more engaging might also force participation. As in Marionette - if you leach too much, you can cause the encounter to fail and get nothing. That's why there are way less afkers in Marionette than in Dragonstorm.

At the same time an encounter that is more engaging in a good way might also not discourage players from playing it properly.

Dragonstorm does have some issues that decrease enjoyment from participating and indirectly can push players towards lower effort engagement. For example, on Jormag's side, if you aren't paying attention you can easily end up getting pingponged from aoe to aoe to death (and get killed almost immediately after being raised). And way too many chill being spread around, making your heal, movement and stunbreak skills be permanently on cooldown definitely does not help. On Primordus' side it's significantly better (for one, there's no chill), but Braham tends to jump around madly way too much, which can cause a problem not only for melee builds, but often even for ranged ones.

And due to both Champions' huge HP pools, it just goes on, and on and on and on...

I can definitely understand people that decide to just chill for a while after getting downed for the nth time while doing ignorable levels of damage due to having to play catch up with the boss.

Now, again, compare that with Marionette, where the high-intensity phases (platform fights) are very short, and are separated by more lengthy but also way more chill corridor defences.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 2

I propose a map-wide one-shot every 5 mins which kills those who have not attacked the bosses/broken defiance bubble/killing a crystal. Sure, they can res at the wp, but they'll keep getting killed until they participate.

Seriously, afk'ers scale the event up SO MUCH is takes 40-45 mins to clear it when i can do in 10-15 with a private squad. This is a massive waste of time and i've decided that i'll probably only do this in a private squad where i can kick leechers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/21/2021 at 2:44 PM, Dante.1763 said:

Er..no...i know some very antisocial people who might have disorders who dont afk at events. Making a group of folks who have disorders your target because you dont like afk behaviour is an awful thing to do.

The problem is the term "anti-social" has been diluted too much due to misuse to include people who are simply solitary/unsociable.

This is a problem tbh since there is a large difference between unsociable people and anti-social people.
Unsociable people don't care for being part of society, they are solitary and tend to avoid people in real life because they don't want to interact with them.
They simply prefer to be left alone to do their own thing and are happier that way.

Anti-social however relates more to people who go out of their way to annoy or harm others for their own amusement or benefit and do not care nor feel remorse for their actions.

So technically speaking NaramSin.2693 is using the accurate term when accusing regular afkers of anti-social behaviour.
Though I agree is going too far by claiming they have a disorder.. you don't need to have a disorder to enact antisocial behaviour, a bad mood or even just a selfish personality is generally enough.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Grebcol.5984 said:

The fault is also by Anet. They should't add Mastery Points on such Bosses where u solely have to grind 10 Times. This only promotes Afking.  Drizzlewood was better in that manner. There u had to play the game for getting the medals. 

Players could passively farm and get medals. It really wasn’t any different. 

47 minutes ago, Funky.4861 said:

I propose a map-wide one-shot every 5 mins which kills those who have not attacked the bosses/broken defiance bubble/killing a crystal. Sure, they can res at the wp, but they'll keep getting killed until they participate.

It’ll have no impact. They’ll just stay dead until the final event. 

• Like 1

I have noticed in the game that event many times award you the area event chest even if you were not there. I think that must be a thing in the game, there are times i waypointed into a zone like AB or SW or  rode through the orange circle on my way elsewhere and boom up pops a reward chest. I think the game is made this way so everyone gets something. I never played a game where you got loot for not hitting the target.