Seriously? now a set of armor skin cost 2900 Gems?

Funny since they told us years ago that only outfits would be in the gemstore and armor skins would be available from playing the game. I guess that wasn’t profitable enough. 

People say fashion is the endgame of GW2 but most of the desirable skins are in the gemstore. A brand new account can simply finish the starter instance, buy the skins, and “beat the game”. 

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
  • Like 7
  • Confused 6

5 minutes ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

Funny since they told us years ago that only outfits would be in the gemstore and armor skins would be available from playing the game. I guess that wasn’t profitable enough. 

there were also a lot of people asking them to split outfits into proper armor sets again.

I'm not very fond of the price tag attached (they used to give out full armor sets for 800 gems once after all), but i still prefer armor sets to outfits.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

People say fashion is the endgame of GW2 but most of the desirable skins are in the gemstore. A brand new account can simply finish the starter instance, buy the skins, and “beat the game”. 

When did they ever say gemstore armor skins would be earnable by just playing? Primeval armor was available day 1 in the gemstore. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Clex Mix.7624 said:

When did they ever say gemstore armor skins would be earnable by just playing? Primeval armor was available day 1 in the gemstore. 

Since the day Anet start launching a lot of outfit

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Oh god, everyone’s always gonna complain aren’t they? I for one find 500 gems for chest and legs an awesome value, considering the other parts cost that much I was expecting the leg and chest slots to be 800.  Besides, we’re FINALLY getting stand-alone gemstore armor pieces!! This is what people, including myself, have been asking for for YEARS, almost since the start of the game.  And I for one am not going to go back on what I asked for, and instead am very very happy anet has finally done it. If you expected cheaper than this then... why? It was always going to be like this, come on! It doesn’t take a genius to figure out how it would work if anet ever added a full set piece by piece.  I’m MORE than okay with this price, and will happily be buying the entire set just to show support for releasing chest and leg pieces. I’m not even super into this set (there are other gemstore sets I’d rather see completed) but anything to show arenanet this is good and to keep going

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Clex Mix.7624 said:

They said this years ago either on the old forums or through one of their guild chats. Obviously things have changed since then. 

Edited by Ayrilana.1396

13 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I'm not sure the most desirable Armor Skins are in the Gem Store.

Or, only in the Gem Store.

At least, not full Armor sets, as there aren't that many in the Gem Store.

It is very subjective. None of my favorite armor sets are in the gem store.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Anet has already told us ages ago they couldn't put armor sets on the GS for 800 Gems. It's why full armor sets stopped being offered ... so I'm not surprised at the cost of the individual pieces. It's a better approach anyways because you won't be paying for parts of the set you don't like. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

They said this years ago either on the old forums or through one of their guild chats. Obviously things have changed since then. 

1 hour ago, Alik.9651 said:

Since the day Anet start launching a lot of outfit

You say “they said this” but without an official post it seems a bit more like conjecture at this point. I haven’t seen an official post saying that doing anything in game is a guaranteed gemstore item. It goes against the purpose of the gemstore and Anets philosophy on the gemstore. Firstly there’s no player power to be gained from anything on the gemstore, so none of what’s on there is a necessity.  Secondly it’s up to you as a consumer to decide what you want, no one forces your hand.

We do get the option of earning black lion keys albeit at a crap rate, I wasn’t a fan of the nerfs to the story mode rewards, Bungie has done similar things with their engrams and from what I can tell those are entirely out of the game now, or at least only purchasable. I get Anet wanting to make money, I get the fact there are whales that keep this sort of micro transactions nonesense going, but as long as it’s not pay to win, I’m fine with people being able to make their choice on the matter.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Clex Mix.7624 said:

You say “they said this” but without an official post it seems a bit more like conjecture at this point. I haven’t seen an official post saying that doing anything in game is a guaranteed gemstore item. It goes against the purpose of the gemstore and Anets philosophy on the gemstore. Firstly there’s no player power to be gained from anything on the gemstore, so none of what’s on there is a necessity.  Secondly it’s up to you as a consumer to decide what you want, no one forces your hand.

We do get the option of earning black lion keys albeit at a crap rate, I wasn’t a fan of the nerfs to the story mode rewards, Bungie has done similar things with their engrams and from what I can tell those are entirely out of the game now, or at least only purchasable. I get Anet wanting to make money, I get the fact there are whales that keep this sort of micro transactions nonesense going, but as long as it’s not pay to win, I’m fine with people being able to make their choice on the matter.

Umm... nowhere did I, nor anyone else from what I have seen, state that "doing anything in game is a guaranteed gemstore item".  Please don't make things up.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Omg, the entitlement of some people... You literally don't need it. Don't want it? Don't get it. Ther's plenty of armors ingame to collect. There's plenty of earlier CHEAPER armor sets in gemstore to buy. There's plenty of outfits -old and new- in the gemstores if you want a "complete look for less gems".

Don't like it? Costs too much? Somehow collides with your personal belief system? Then DON'T GET IT. You don't need it. It does nothing.

^yup

And you get to tell someone what they can do or say why? This is a forum. Learn what a forum means before attempting to speak like an adult. I doubt anyone is an adult who is yet to discover what a forum is. 

Take your own advice. Don't like something? Then DON'T REPLY TO IT.  You don't need it. Your reply does nothing. No one cares about your attempts at telling them what to do. Enjoy your armor pieces and thanks for funding the game in behalf of others.

Edited by choon.6308
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, choon.6308 said:

And you get to tell someone what they can do or say why? This is a forum. Learn what a forum means before attempting to speak like an adult. I doubt anyone is an adult who is yet to discover what a forum is. 

Where did I tell anyone what they can do or say? What are you even talking about right now?

I can point out someone's illogical, completely self-centered (hence the mention of "entitlement") expectations and from my perspective that's what I did above.

Take your own advice. Don't like something? Then DON'T REPLY TO IT.  You don't need it. Your reply does nothing. No one cares about your attempts at telling them what to do.

Again, what are you even talking about?

Enjoy your armor pieces and thanks for funding the game in behalf of others.

Thanks and you're welcome ❤️

At least it's clear it's good for the game, including the players that aren't interested in getting those gemstore skins. You said it yourself, so thanks for driving my point home, I guess.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1