Deep Sea Dragon name possibility/idea/thoughts

circuitnerd.5863

I just thought of something regarding the deep sea dragon. Supposedly the name starts with S. Considering we are going to Cantha which is based off Asian culture (mainly Japanese and Chinese).... the word Tsunami from Japanese... if you took the T away and got Sunami, which obviously has to do with gigantic waves... sort of fits with Deep Sea Dragon no? I bet the name is going to be something like that. So far Anet has used altered names/words for Dragons. Like Jormag is from Jormungandr which is the world serpent. Or Zhaitan which is.... Islamic? For Shaitain, which is Satan. Anyways, just a random thought that floated into my mind. 

• Haha 2

Sormag, Saitan, Srimordus, Sordremoth, Sralkatorrik, Surene, S, Selbbub...

Realistically I think there's no easy way to figure out what the name will be. Maybe the name has been forgotten to all, including the dragon. Who knows? It's a Mr. E.

THAT BEING SAID, I'm super excited for EoD, but I hope it's not the same plot as the last few bits of story: Dragon does bad. We find weakness. Kaboom.

It does seem set up to be a good story, tho.

Looked up depth in google translate, seems like in chinese it's pronounced shēndù... Cantha is eastern inspired, right? Just a thought 😄

• Haha 2

I think  bubble will be called “Turimachus”by the Luxon because it was first spotted by the Dragon hunter Turimachus, Turimachus lives until now from the magic he gain from bubble during that short encounter, he is now still searching for bubble. 

The Kurziks, however never seen much seas or any kind of dragons call bubble “Bubble Von Bobble” as a joke to mock the Luxon.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Turimachus

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I watched a nice kid show/animation named Zak Storm and I think that Skulivar is a good name.

Other names I can think about: Selbkraits, Sufokin, Sulphurios.

If we think of mythologia or elements it may refer too...

Abyss, Deep sea, Tentacles horrors, Hiding....

Scyllayss (Scylla Tentacle girl from mithology due to a spell x the word Abyss)

Also, Shallowrasp (Shallow for not deep water x grasp referring to tentacles)

why people alway like to use name "long" ?  "long" the name of  an object not a name. like you dont call a dragon, name "dragon". this sound really really odd. its like why westerner given a master name "shifu".  specially in  kungfu panada  master shifu and master wugui does r not names.

long( 龙) in china's mythic is transformation of god.