Bring back legendary weapon collections!!

First, I understand the original reason that Anet stopped doing the collections. A lot of time involved, etc etc etc.

I had just finished up Chuka and Champawat collections. Anyone who has done it could probably agree. A great story to it, lot’s of different things to do, you get a few tiger cubs of your own to carry around with you. It was just so fun and engaging. After almost 9 years playing I had found some content to do that I normally wouldn’t think of doing or otherwise would not have done.

This collection had such an impact on me that I went and bought all the legendary weapon collections I didn’t have just so I could play through each of them. They give you direction and something to do especially when you only have 10-20 min to do something. Legendary weapon collections open up opportunities to replay existing content, even on Living world maps, to help keep those maps relevant. On Gen 2 precursors, they could have tied each legendary released to the map it was released with, so you could do certain events, etc. to work towards that legendary weapon. And no, I’m not talking about collecting a crap ton of map currency. Make it event specific, or maybe make it so you have to hunt a certain monster for a special item, etc.

Anet, I implore you, please bring back Legendary Weapons collections for Gen 3 weapons. This shard method of making Legendaries is sooo boring and doesn’t accomplish anything. If you can it’d be great to rework and add collections for Gen 2’s as well.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I think the biggest turn off is the t2 of the collections, which unfortunately locks out t3, which would many collection was one of the most fun parts. I wish anet did not give a kitten about price of precursors, and just had the collections without the gold gate of the t2 collection. Then more players would have done the collections and we would have a better RoI in developing them.

Unfortunately the amount of dev time to make these collection did not justify doing them because most players are locked out of them due to t2. For example only 0.3% of players on gw2 efficiency have completed t3 Moot collection, compared to  2.5% killed Dhuum CM, the hardest pve encounter in the game. People on this forum complain about how raid development was a waste of resources because so few people do them, this is far worse.

• Like 2

Agreed, it give us reason to explore the map again as long as the event isn't buggy or require failure, the mystic curio may look easy to get but is unbelievably dull, and seeing how many gold you throw at TP but is still not enough is soul-crushing.

I'm a bit worry about gifts though, will they require 250 mystic coins and amalgamated gemstones or similar to that? PoF have funerary incense

• Confused 3

11 hours ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

First, I understand the original reason that Anet stopped doing the collections. A lot of time involved, etc etc etc.

I had just finished up Chuka and Champawat collections. Anyone who has done it could probably agree. A great story to it, lot’s of different things to do, you get a few tiger cubs of your own to carry around with you. It was just so fun and engaging. After almost 9 years playing I had found some content to do that I normally wouldn’t think of doing or otherwise would not have done.

This collection had such an impact on me that I went and bought all the legendary weapon collections I didn’t have just so I could play through each of them. They give you direction and something to do especially when you only have 10-20 min to do something. Legendary weapon collections open up opportunities to replay existing content, even on Living world maps, to help keep those maps relevant. On Gen 2 precursors, they could have tied each legendary released to the map it was released with, so you could do certain events, etc. to work towards that legendary weapon. And no, I’m not talking about collecting a crap ton of map currency. Make it event specific, or maybe make it so you have to hunt a certain monster for a special item, etc.

Anet, I implore you, please bring back Legendary Weapons collections for Gen 3 weapons. This shard method of making Legendaries is sooo boring and doesn’t accomplish anything. If you can it’d be great to rework and add collections for Gen 2’s as well.

No please, i did the a couple of them  and i am tired to fight against bugged events, events that can't happen unless you fail previous events, etc... No thank you i like how it works now, easy to understand and to not prone to fail. 

I would just like the amount of materials/gold to be needed to require less of them so it doesn't cost double than 1st gen legendaries. Costs for 2nd gen is roughtly the double of the previous one. 

And the gifts of exploration (HoT and Core) , once unlocked to be able to buy it with Karma, even if it's in the million karma, to get some use of that currency. 

Gift_of_the_Desert can already be brought like this althought like most of new recipes is an absolute mess and a complete nightmare of materials, mystic forge recipes and vendors to get it. I'd like something simpler. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I can see a compromise between the gen 2 and gen 2.5 legendaries that could work. Probably not how it'll turn out, but a guy can dream. 

A single "quest"/achievement for every precursor, to unlock the "tribute of ..." material at a merchant. A way to provide a story for each legendary that would be less burdensome to implement than the gen 1 and 2 precursor crafting. Also, it would be something to do for everyone, regardless of whether or not they want to craft the legendary.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

When crafting kudzu, it made me feel wholesome u know ur own secret garden, growing our weapon in a garden and stuff... But when crafting exordium, it doesn't feel like I crafted a legendary at all... A special greatsword that can transform based on its Wielder, should definitely have a special story or collection... Even though the GS is special, it doesn't leave any special memories like the gen1 kudzu did...

I wish they had nice stories for every legendary... Atleast a few NPC quest like the ones we did for the eclipse gs, colossus torch and one more ghost weapon

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

I think the biggest turn off is the t2 of the collections, which unfortunately locks out t3, which would many collection was one of the most fun parts. I wish anet did not give a kitten about price of precursors, and just had the collections without the gold gate of the t2 collection. Then more players would have done the collections and we would have a better RoI in developing them.

Unfortunately the amount of dev time to make these collection did not justify doing them because most players are locked out of them due to t2. For example only 0.3% of players on gw2 efficiency have completed t3 Moot collection, compared to  2.5% killed Dhuum CM, the hardest pve encounter in the game. People on this forum complain about how raid development was a waste of resources because so few people do them, this is far worse.

I have never though about it this way till you mentioned it, I never started a legendary collection without meaning to finish it, since the biggest turn of was the gold sink, but for example I had finished the whole PVP collection for The Ascension years and I was running around with the precursor till last year when I decided to upgrade it for Fractal rush or something.

It will probably be fine to have the gold sink after the quest and just have an ascended item till you decide to upgrade it, they already have specialization weapons like that, I don't think it will be a problem to have another avenue of getting ascended items.     

• Confused 2

35 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Pls no. Many of these collections were associated with events that were just buggy and where you really needed luck.
For two collections I even got the achievments directly from the support because a temple in Orr was permanently bugged at the time ~~.

Future legendary collections can be involved around the content it was released for. For example, gen 3 legendaries would revolve around content mostly from EoD or future LW episodes. There could be a side story made just for that legendary. I mean we have a whole 19 legendaries from gen 1 that use core tyria content. I think that’s enough. You could make stories for gen 2 leges that are more centered around HoT, LW3, PoF, LW4 maps, and make the stories for each related to those times.

• Confused 2

49 minutes ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

Future legendary collections can be involved around the content it was released for. For example, gen 3 legendaries would revolve around content mostly from EoD or future LW episodes. There could be a side story made just for that legendary. I mean we have a whole 19 legendaries from gen 1 that use core tyria content. I think that’s enough. You could make stories for gen 2 leges that are more centered around HoT, LW3, PoF, LW4 maps, and make the stories for each related to those times.

And how long could one play this, before the events bug again?(if they are not already, the more people play something, the more it shows if something is already bugged)

In addition, my personal opinion. Even if everything would work great(which it has for many) I prefer the non-collection legys. I am not a fan of running from A to B and hope that other players do not do anything that events can not start (events that start only when pre-events fail ...). I prefer to farm gold and then play what I like.

Therefore, if they reintroduce something like that, I also plead for a variant where you need a few more mats or actually need to play challenging content like fractals, raids or so for the Legy.  Just my opinion. I know most people who play GW2 love anything story related to the game.

But since anet will never do something like that, I prefer the new system, which is only there, according to my info, because anet just does not have the capacity for something like that.

• Confused 2

This is extremely unlikely to happen - or if it does, it will be a rather general thing.

Judging by the precursor trading item we get through the current efforts, our next set of legendary weapons will be a set of Aurene-infused or heavily inspired weapons.

Honestly, more of that please. I prefer a full set that is done faster over years of time until individual ones come out, only for them to be very hit or miss anyway.

• Confused 2

21 hours ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

Then you probably did not understand those reasons fully.

21 hours ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

If you can it’d be great to rework and add collections for Gen 2’s as well.

The whole reason why they stopped (and for a while even considered dropping all gen 2 legendaries past initial 4) is because they could not do that. It was not gen 2 vs gen 2.5. It was gen 2.5 or nothing.

Somehow i don't think they have more dev power and funding now than when they were originally making that decision.

13 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

The issue exists because the Precursors remained tradeable, and doing the collections only saves like 10-30% of the cost compared to buying it, so most players just buy them.

Thus the devs decided it was a waste of time to begin with, I guess.

The cancelled collections were for gen 2, not gen 1. Gen 2 precursors are not tradable.

24 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Other than the C&C collections, all you are really asking for is "ANET! Please give me more checklists.". Some of the collections also have some sort of unique gizmo like ooze and the wolf totem but overall they are just glorified checklists.

Some people want to have a goalpost to work towards.

But apparently not when it's 'do whatever you like as long as it gives you mithril/elder wood + T5 materials' (for shard crafting)

I can understand it's not as emotionally impactful when you look at the day's result and it's "I made 5 out of the 100 shards I need today" vs "I cleared 1 of the 20 pieces in the collection today" even though both are 5% progress towards the completion and in theory the 5 shards can come from anything whereas that 1 thing in the collection requires that you do something specific which you may not like (hello 100 karka shells and 25 passion flowers...)

14 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

The issue exists because the Precursors remained tradeable, and doing the collections only saves like 10-30% of the cost compared to buying it, so most players just buy them.

Save 10-30%? Plenty of them at some point actually costed more to craft. IIRC at the extreme end I think one was almost 3x more expensive  via buy order for materials than instant buying the precursor. There were slightly less extreme ones that was only twice as expensive and then some which saved you 10-20g. which is more like a 1% saving. Possibly not even that after factoring in the cost of the 10g recipe sheets.

• Like 1

The way the precursor collections were done was too much dev time investment for too few people actually doing them. That might be from them front loading a lot of the money sink into the beginning rather than the end preventing people from even looking at them. Regardless, it was a colossal loss and the way they do legendaries now is fine. I rather them focus on content that don't involve money sinks.

• Confused 1