When will you buy EoD?

What are you waiting for?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are you waiting for?

• I never/rarely pre-order
    • I want to see more content
    • I'm waiting to win the lottery (or my next paycheck)
    • I'm too lazy
    • Take my Money!!! (I already bought it)

Already bought it cause I was frankly expecting just to things, aetherblade in trailer and Engie Alchemist spec, and seeing the icons on the eod website seems to be the case. I doubt the reinforced armor guy icon is a golem.

Also I am happy to have boat. And the guild hall is nice looking.

• Like 3

To be honest at the moment I'm just waiting because I can, since it's not coming until February.

I've got the money and could afford to spend it on the game, but I've got a few big expenses coming up in the next month or so and lots of things with unknown dates/costs later on so I want to wait and see when would be the best time for me to spend £70 on something which is definitely non-essential. In the meantime it's likely more info about EoD and other updates will come out and while I think it's very unlikely it's going to put me off buying it I don't think it could hurt to have more info before making a final decision.

• Like 1

Since technically, I could pick between two options here because I have to wait until tomorrow to get my next paycheck, but in my mind I've already bought it...I liked what the First Look had to offer me in terms of what was shown.  To me, it was a taste of what EoD had to offer in the way of what was coming for GW2.  I'm not disappointed at all by what I saw, and my check can't come fast enough...is it tomorrow yet?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I bought it, which should surprise no one. lol 

For me it's just illogical not to. I run a guild. People will be playing in that area. I'm not abandoning the guild or the game, so I need the content to play with guildies. 

There are a bunch of old folks in my guild in their 60s and 70s that I help through content. Can hardly do that if I don't own the content.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

GW2 HoT taught me well and I learned my lesson.

- I will never pre-order a game again.

- I will never pay full price for a game again (well, maybe for D2 Resurrected, but that's a different story).

I don't mind waiting for a few months or a year until it goes on sale and then I'll buy it, just like I did for PoF (and I had no troubles completing the stuff I needed for all mounts)

• Like 2

I will not be doing a pre-purchase months in advance. The earliest I'd do it is a week prior. I hate the idea of paying for an unfinished product. The practice is not okay. The incentives for the early purchase (a title, a weapon skin, and a cape) are not worth justifying the horrible practice that is pre-purchase. Everything else on the list of stuff you'll get is guaranteed as part of whatever edition you purchase. Granted, ArenaNet has not been on the level of garbage game releases as, say, Bethesda or EA, but it's the principle of the thing.

Fellow players, please stop pre-purchasing this early. They still have lots of work to do on the expansion, and as much as I support this game, I cannot in good conscience give them money for an unfinished product. I will almost certainly buy the expansion when it's released, but I'm not paying for it this early. I need to see more of the product first, and I encourage all of you to wait and do the same. Let ArenaNet earn your money, lest they go the way of Bethesda or EA and release an unfinished product. Do not give up your power as a consumer/paying customer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

I will not be doing a pre-purchase months in advance. The earliest I'd do it is a week prior. I hate the idea of paying for an unfinished product. The practice is not okay. The incentives for the early purchase (a title, a weapon skin, and a cape) are not worth justifying the horrible practice that is pre-purchase. Everything else on the list of stuff you'll get is guaranteed as part of whatever edition you purchase. Granted, ArenaNet has not been on the level of garbage game releases as, say, Bethesda or EA, but it's the principle of the thing.

Fellow players, please stop pre-purchasing this early. They still have lots of work to do on the expansion, and as much as I support this game, I cannot in good conscience give them money for an unfinished product. I will almost certainly buy the expansion when it's released, but I'm not paying for it this early. I need to see more of the product first, and I encourage all of you to wait and do the same. Let ArenaNet earn your money, lest they go the way of Bethesda or EA and release an unfinished product. Do not give up your power as a consumer/paying customer.

That's definitely a factor for me, but I don't see it as all or nothing. I'm willing to pre-purchase EoD because I trust that Anet won't release it until it's ready to play and that I will get what I'm paying for from it. With other products I'd want to wait until closer to release, either to see more of it or make sure it's actually going to be finished.

For example I've got friends who have backed board games on Kickstarter (effectively pre-purchased it) and then it's just never happened. Sometimes they get the money back, sometimes they don't. I wouldn't want to risk something like that happen. Or that MMO which has been "in development" for about a decade and selling pre-orders, even cash shop items with no sign of the game actually being released.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 4