More jumping puzzles?

I always loved jumping puzzles and I know its not everyones cup of tea, however I really wish we didnt move away from them so drastically, I dont think we got any new JPs in LW4 and PoF with the exception of maybe the dwarven ruin thats not exactly a JP but kinda resembles it. Atleast one JP per map would be lovely and I really hope we get something like that.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Not a huge fan of jumping puzzles, however I see that as a reasonable and polite request. Actually had fun doing the Siren's Landing one last night, wasn't ridiculously difficult, checkpoints were easy enough, and fun view at the top.  And I'm sure they will arrive with EoD.  I prefer they not be required achievements though for masteries....ugh.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Ultramex.1506 said:

I agree on more  JPs, though I would advice against requiring JP for map completion (Khan-Ur's Gauntlet), we don't need more complaining on this thread.

Yeah precisely that, make JPs something extra not mandatory. 

• Like 7

i  so  much wish that  we  had / have more jp's than we  currently  have, the first 100% achievement goal i ever had and  completed 100% as the first was jp's, it was such gud times but memories now, because there is no bigger purpose or goal for doing them again when all achieves are unlocked already.

43 minutes ago, aspirine.6852 said:

If they are good yes, if they are stupid like the ones in draconic and ember bay, please no. 

I believe the person who made these was the same guy as did Super Adventure Box, and he left ANet a few years ago?

I think we’re reasonably safe in assuming they won’t make any more jumping puzzles that are impossible without either a guide or many frustrating hours of guesswork trying to find the path from lack of clues. They must know…

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

The JP isn’t required for map completion. 

Ye, the Vista can be done without the JP.

The only puzzle thats required for Map Completion that i can think of is The Breached Wall down in Diessa,

Edited by Dante.1763
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, aspirine.6852 said:

If they are good yes, if they are stupid like the ones in draconic and ember bay, please no. 

Draconis was well made but just sucked because it was so dull. It was also literally the only reason for the silly episode mastery gimmick to exist...

• Sad 1

I hope we get some jumping puzzles, mini-dungeons or other types of puzzles in EoD.

I don't really mind what they're called because the distinction has always seemed pretty arbitrary to me. Some jumping puzzles don't involve much jumping and are mainly about figuring out where to go and how to get there (Professor Portmatt's Lab is entirely underwater so there's no jumping at all) and some mini-dungeons or puzzles involve a lot of jumping (Vexa's Lab and the Hidden Tower in Bjora Marches for example).

Of course I assume they'll be optional like the existing puzzles, but one of the things I really like about this game is you never know what you might find and an area of the map which at first doesn't appear to have anything in it might be the entrance to a puzzle of some sort. I really enjoy finding them and solving them, and seeing where else it might lead.

15 hours ago, Azure Prower.8701 said:

You won't be getting more of the jumping puzzles you know and love. Because the creator of them has left Arena net. 

( https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Joshua_Foreman ).

We've had at least one more jumping puzzle since then: in Grothmar Valley. There's also been things like the dwarven catacombs in Thunderheard Keep and the Hidden Tower puzzle in Bjora Marches which aren't called jumping puzzles but have a lot in common with them (including having to figure out where to go and having to jump between platforms to get there).

Josh Foreman might have been the person who first came up with the idea for jumping puzzles and one of the main people to develop them but I doubt he single-handedly designed and created every single puzzle in the game and obviously other people at Anet are capable of continuing the practice.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I don't like JPs but if others like them then I have no objection so long as they are not required for content or map completion.

It's A-Net, if there are new JPs they will make them a requirement for the related meta achievement and potentially several item collections.

• Confused 2

JP's are fun! Doesn't mean I am good at them, but I do enjoy them. The only exception to that was the god awful Chalice of Tears which was aptly named and sadistically required for that achievement. 

I hope they move away from requiring them for much. I like how normal JP's were just their own achievements. 

Edited by Faridah.8431
  • Like 1