You're invited to the first elite specialization beta event!

I'm glad this is open to people who haven't pre-ordered yet. I suspect it might help players decide, especially if their main profession/s are included. I hope future elite spec betas will be open to everyone for the same reason.

I'm also happy because I haven't pre-ordered yet because I've got some big expenses coming up soon and I don't want to spend too much on non-essential stuff before then, and this way I still get to join in the beta. 😄

Based on the colours I assume the other two professions are necromancer and guardian (and of course we already know about the mesmer spec). They're not ones I'm a big fan of, but that actually means I'm looking forward to the new specs because maybe they'll be ones I find more fun. (I always liked ele but I find it hard to go back to core ele now I'm used to tempest or weaver). I look forward to trying them out anyway, and probably failing horribly at simple things because I don't know what my new skills do. 😄

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Takato.4976 said:

I'm aware we'll get more friday but...

Is it possible to just get their names? For necro/guardian.

That would be some good speculation material and open up some discussions 🙂

My bet is Undertaker and Zealot if we are speculating about the names...

• Like 2

Those are some very good news! I'm excited! 
However I'm not a big fan of PvP content and I'm not sure what "Maiden’s Whisper tavern" as shown in the site post is. 
The wiki doesn't show me anything about it either and I have never heard of that place. Is this perhaps new or did I miss something in years of playing?
A PvP arena maybe? 

25 minutes ago, Cynder.2509 said:

Those are some very good news! I'm excited! 
However I'm not a big fan of PvP content and I'm not sure what "Maiden’s Whisper tavern" as shown in the site post is. 
The wiki doesn't show me anything about it either and I have never heard of that place. Is this perhaps new or did I miss something in years of playing?
A PvP arena maybe? 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Maiden's_Whisper

People role play there often so my guess is it was just to recognize the role play community suggesting they can RP there with the new elite specs.

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892

47 minutes ago, JustTrogdor.7892 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Maiden's_Whisper

People role play there often so my guess is it was just to recognize the role play community suggesting they can RP there with the new elite specs.

Thanks. Don't really roleplay so I didn't know and I rarely ever visit Divinity's Reach either. Maybe the wiki didn't show anything helpful because I copied the text from the post which has a different font. 

New elite specs are always OP which is fair, players have fun while devs gather feedback.

But after enough feedback new elite specs get nerfed down. 

So my concern is that by the time EoD releases, first beta tested specializations will end up nerfed compared to the later tested ones.

Edited by Adibas.6982
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Adibas.6982 said:

New elite specs are always OP which is fair, players have fun while devs gather feedback.

But after there was enough feedback new elite specs get nerfed down. 

So my concern is that by the time EoD releases first beta tested specializations will end up nerfed compared to the later tested ones.

Unless the virtoso damage numbers in the livestream were completely off I wouldn't say that. It innately has counters already as well since it's projectile based.

---

5 minutes ago, Andovar Edoras.2143 said:

Hmm. So mesmer gets dagger, necro gets gun.

But what about the 3rd figure? The color palette is very guardian, even though ele would make sense for 3 light classes. But the figure is dual-wielding swords? Guardian and ele both have sword already..hmm.

Double sword guardian is not a thing yet. That's probably what it is.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1

Just now, Andovar Edoras.2143 said:

Hmm. So mesmer gets dagger, necro gets gun.

But what about the 3rd figure? The color palette is very guardian, even though ele would make sense for 3 light classes. But the figure is dual-wielding swords? Guardian and ele both have sword already..hmm.

Offhand Sword.  Guardian can't offhand Swords yet.  Sorta like how Soulbeast got mainhand Dagger for Ranger who already had offhand Dagger.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Unless the virtoso damage numbers in the livestream were completely off I wouldn't say that. It innately has counters already as well since it's projectile based.

Livestream gameplay bit was so limited, we don't know stats /pekrs or if its current build version. Its hard to conclude anything from it. I was talking more about general tendencies of last expac releases.

Based on the large icon on the back of the assumed Guardian, and the spectral form of the being the Virtuoso is attacking in the video with a very similar back piece and 2 Swords…

I believe that the Guardian is getting a new form similar to the Necro mechanics. 😱

1 hour ago, Adibas.6982 said:

Livestream gameplay bit was so limited, we don't know stats /pekrs or if its current build version. Its hard to conclude anything from it. I was talking more about general tendencies of last expac releases.

Karl wrote in the chat that the Virtuoso live demostration was in PvE.  He was using berserker armor, marauder jewelry, scholar rune and accuracy sigil. Of course, traits also were active.  Like Mental Anguish  +50% damage vs inactive golem inflating the numbers even more, etc. Domination, Dueling and Virtuoso were the trait lines with all the extra effects they add, those are basically offensive trait lines.

My bet is that he used:

• Domination:

Bountiful Blades (we saw 2 berserkers and extra bounces) - Egotism - Mental Anguish (from F1 and F2 skills)

• Dueling:

Duelist's discipline (the amount of bleeding stacks from pistol) - X that not affected the demostration - Superiority Complex

• Virtuoso:

Whatever he was using it was generating stacks of vulnerability for sure.  And probably some damage modifier too.

At least we will watch soon what the Virtuoso traits add to the specialization. Nice numbers with those traits but without mobility it will be an easy prey and easy kill. But still need to watch what the Virtuoso trait line provides and in what game modes it can be useful, not sure if competitive. At first, it seems designed more for PvE and provide AoE, cleave and range for power or hybrid builds but hopefully, next week we will be able to discover and test it.

Edited by Zoser.7245
  • Like 1