Guardian Elite Spec: WILLBENDER

ChronoPinoyX.7923

"If a protector of the Canthan throne has to "bend the will" of people... is that throne legitimate? Am I reading too much into this ?

Anyway less ominous might have suited the spec better...  meh, details since mine will be Charr ... making even less sense.

Edited by Harak.8397
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Harak.8397 said:

"If a protector of the Canthan throne has to "bend the will" of people... is that throne legitimate? Am I reading too much into this ?

Anyway less ominous might have suited the spec better...  meh, details since mine will be Charr ... making even less sense.

If it gets us a cool new spec ... then the answer is YES. 

• Confused 1

Hate to be negative, but it's 0 of 3 for me thus far across all 3 new specs.
Willbender isn't poised to be an amazing improvement over DH which has leaps, a teleport (JI), and pulls.

If offhand sword is purely offensive it may actually be worse than core guardian sword+focus in terms of sustain as well.

This will probably be another high power DPS spec in PVE though I wonder what that means for power DH.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Willbender isn't poised to be an amazing improvement over DH which has leaps, a teleport (JI), and pulls.

If offhand sword is purely offensive it may actually be worse than core guardian sword+focus in terms of sustain as well.

This will probably be another high power DPS spec in PVE though I wonder what that means for power DH.

DH will always have Trapper runes (right?)

2 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

The only mobilty skill DH has is F2, everything else is part of core guard (and available to WB). 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Leap ( singular high CD ), JI is not only a DH thing its Core and pull (singular high CD ).

Willbender is vastly diffrent from DH, it looks like a close range duelist roamer which is something no guard spec can really be right now. 

Edited by Exile.8160
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, RabbitUp.8294 said:

The only mobilty skill DH has is F2, everything else is part of core guard (and available to WB). 

Soaring Devastation was changed to be a passive movement buff too and arguably Spear of Justice is a gap closer.

---
15s isn't a high cooldown for GS leap if you play other classes such as weaver , soulbeast, or spellbreaker.
Symbol of blades is 10s cooldown in PVP/WVW too.

10 minutes ago, Exile.8160 said:

Leap ( singular high CD ), JI is not only a DH thing its Core and pull (singular high CD ).

Willbender is vastly diffrent from DH, it looks like a close range duelist roamer which is something no guard spec can really be right now. 

Edited by Infusion.7149

10 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Soaring Devastation was changed to be a passive movement buff too and arguably Spear of Justice is a gap closer.

---
15s isn't a high cooldown if you play other classes such as weaver , soulbeast, or spellbreaker.
Symbol of blades is 10s cooldown in PVP/WVW too.

The leap is 30 secs and even if it was 15 secs it wont be viable enough to place the DH as a roamer. 

Teleports on guard alone arent the best for roaming either since you will always need an enemy target to even activate the skill.

• Like 2

Unless anet fixes long-standing guardian issues, this will never be viable in pvp. 

Main issues for every DPS spec outside of trapper dh is the ability to stick to your target and do meaningful damage.  

Core has no chill, cripple and maybe one immobilization. 

Dh is only good because trapper runes carry it, without the stealth and superspeed, dh would be useless in pvp. 

FB is just non-existent. 

A melee class needs speed, controlling conditions or both to be effective. Guardian currently has none of these outside of trapper dh. 

Not even mentioning the buggy tracking on every meaningful skill out there. (scepter auto, great sword leap and binding blade just to name a few. )

Edited by Arken.3725
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think this is surprising. I was expecting and hoping for off hand sword and mobility. Willbender seems to deliver both, so it looks very promising. It is a niche nothing else, core, DH or FB fulfil. I just hope in pve it is differentiated enough from DH. I hope it does not end GS and sword/sword with not much change. That Will be pretty lame.

Edited by otto.5684
  • Like 1

As I predicted in my speculation, Guardian is getting a high mobility E Spec as the profession lacks mobility and combo attacks. 

The new Spec looks like a mix of Thief+Guardian and I really like it.

I would like to know more about the reasons behind the choice of its name unless it has something to do with Futurama 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Arken.3725 said:

Unless anet fixes long-standing guardian issues, this will never be viable in pvp. 

Main issues for every DPS spec outside of trapper dh is the ability to stick to your target and do meaningful damage.  

Core has no chill, cripple and maybe one immobilization. 

Dh is only good because trapper runes carry it, without the stealth and superspeed, dh would be useless in pvp. 

FB is just non-existent. 

A melee class needs speed, controlling conditions or both to be effective. Guardian currently has none of these outside of trapper dh. 

Not even mentioning the buggy tracking on every meaningful skill out there. (scepter auto, great sword leap and binding blade just to name a few. )

From the trailer, the kick at 00:16 seems to be a stun. They also seem to get Physical utilities, which so far have been mostly CCs for Daredevil and Warrior. 

25 minutes ago, Celestia.9128 said:

From the trailer, the kick at 00:16 seems to be a stun. They also seem to get Physical utilities, which so far have been mostly CCs for Daredevil and Warrior. 

That's fine but if the foundation of the profession itself isn't adjusted, then why bother trying DPS specs outside of willbender?  

Trapper runes should be removed but in turn, that will decimate dh in competitive play. 

I'm very much excited for a mobile Guardian specialization, make no mistake.  Just it would be nice to have a look at problems plaguing the class that essentially shoehorns players into only playing support. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1