Holiday mounts pack missing the beetle

Tony.8659

@Tony.8659 said:Anet, you seem to be forgetting the Beetle in the Spooky mounts pack, and also when the Wintersday event comes we also need the Wintersday beetle. This is not a complete set without the beetle getting the same treatment.

They did state shortly after release of the roller beetle that existing mount packs would not be modified to have the beetle added.

While I understand this from the perspective of it being an old set, I do agree that it would be very nice to add the beetle.It would mean they would have to deal with people who bought the set last year. They would not want to buy the set again just for beetle, yet they probably really do want the beetle. The simplest solution would be give those who already got the set the beetle in their ingame mail. Or they could sell the beetle seperately for limited time... but the first solution seems much better imo.

@Dante.1763 said:

@Tony.8659 said:Anet, you seem to be forgetting the Beetle in the Spooky mounts pack, and also when the Wintersday event comes we also need the Wintersday beetle. This is not a complete set without the beetle getting the same treatment.

They did state shortly after release of the roller beetle that existing mount packs would not be modified to have the beetle added.

Yea but make the skins and sell em in another bundle or individually

@Fenom.9457 said:

Lol... that would go over well.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

What's the problem? If you bought the current set, you got exactly what they said you would. If you want the beetle too, it's sold separately. Who cares?

@Fenom.9457 said:

What's the problem? If you bought the current set, you got exactly what they said you would. If you want the beetle too, it's sold separately. Who cares?

I have a feeling they are going to release a combo pack after all the holidays and such are done that contains just such a thing.

@Fenom.9457 said:

The day the Roller Beetle was announced we had complaint threads on this forum and on reddit from people who purchased the existing mount packs demanding a beetle skin be added retroactively to the existing packs at zero cost.

That's a week before the beetle was even released.

Who cares?Lots of people. Lots of entitled people.

They won't add them? That makes no sense Anet at all. Could have made a pumpkin theme and for Wintersday a snowball themed beetle. Is it so hard? I mean they are always adding glider skins and other stuff to the gem store. So going forward any more new mounts will be left out then. I must say Anet good job there.

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:This is the difference between companies that care about your purchases and consistency, compared to those that just want you to spend extra for said consistency.

What does that even mean? Because if you consider how little the customer cares about a company (to the point of being antagonistic, despite still being a patron), as long as they "think" they're getting a good deal. Remember Bestbuy and the yearly Superbowl return policy abuse? That crappy behavior is easily a two-way street.

Putting the Core game on sale a week before announcing it going Free to play, and that all expansions include "Core Premium" by default, is shady is hell. Selling a mount bundle for a year, and then adding a new mount WITHOUT changing the status of the old mounts is NOT being inconsistent. Demanding something be changed retroactively when an after the fact that addition (one that doesn't alter the status or value of the existing content in anyway) is just entitlement.... not the reasonable "consumer friendly" kind.... the straight up "I was happy until I saw the new thing, and automatically want that too because my status quo was disrupted" capuchin monkey kind of way.

@"Randulf.7614" said:There is nothing to suggest we wont get a "premium" roller beetle mount for Halloween. In fact, I'm going to be very surprised if we don't.

There is also nothing to suggest that we will get it, and I for one would be very surprised if they made a second premium Roller Beetle skin so soon after the first.The Armadillo beetle skin is already on the gemstore at this very moment. That's the only premium Roller Beetle skin, and they wouldn't have added that to the gemstore a week before adding an even newer one. Right now I would be very surprised if they didn't first finish the second set of premium skins (with the Roller Beetle last, since the Armadillo skin is relatively new to begin with) so that we have 2 full sets of premium skins. Basically I expect to see a second premium Skimmer, Springer and Griffon skin before I expect to see a second Roller Beetle premium skin.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:This is the difference between companies that care about your purchases and consistency, compared to those that just want you to spend extra for said consistency.

What does that even mean? Because if you consider how little the customer cares about a company (to the point of being antagonistic, despite still being a patron), as long as they "think" they're getting a good deal. Remember Bestbuy and the yearly Superbowl return policy abuse? That crappy behavior is easily a two-way street.

Putting the Core game on sale a week before announcing it going Free to play, and that all expansions include "Core Premium" by default, is shady is hell. Selling a mount bundle for a year, and then adding a new mount WITHOUT changing the status of the old mounts is NOT being inconsistent. Demanding something be changed retroactively when an after the fact that addition (one that doesn't alter the status or value of the existing content in anyway) is just entitlement.... not the reasonable "consumer friendly" kind.... the straight up "I was happy until I saw the new thing, and automatically want that too because my status quo was disrupted" capuchin monkey kind of way.

I find it funny when people use entitlement as if that's a bad thing.

If they added the Beetle to the mount packs they would probably have to increase the price of the packs as well.. likewise again with every future mount too.

It would probably be better if they just released a spooky beetle skin as a stand alone skin for 400 gems.Pack itself is 2,000 so that's 400 gems per skin originally which imo is the optimal and best price point for mount skins.

That said though what truly would be a treat would be to also make the spooky beetle skin a super rare drop or reward for playing Halloween content as well.

The demand for in game skins is always high and correct me if i'm wrong but there isn't a single mount or glider skin in Gw2 that can be earned through playing the game or unlocked as a reward.The only technical exceptions being black lion key farming for a potential RNG skin unlock in the black lion chestsLegendary backpacks with also give glider skins.And the Ugly wool glider which requires a gemstore purchased minipet to unlock.I for one do not count those.. I am specifically talking about skins you can obtain via achievements or as an actual in game reward for beating a world boss, raid, dungeon, super hard bounty or event etc.

I know and understand that mount and glider skins are a cash cow for Anet.. I've blown my fair share of cash on gems to get tons of them myself.But I think most players will agree that adding a few skins here and there as earnable rewards or very rare drops isn't asking for too much right?

I for one won't stop buying new skins if there were also new earnable ones in the game.I would however be far more compelled to invest more time trying to get those unlockable skins.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

The day the Roller Beetle was
announced
we had complaint threads on this forum and on reddit from people who purchased the existing mount packs demanding a beetle skin be added retroactively to the existing packs at zero cost.

That's a week before the beetle was even released.

Who cares?Lots of people. Lots of entitled people.

Then let them be/feel entitled (without actually giving them what they want) and go on.

I'd love a branded beetle skin, but I understand why they won't add it to the existing packs.

They'd have to find a way of offering it separately or people who already have the pack would complain about having to buy the 5 skins they've already got again. And they'd have to raise the price of the pack by 400 gems, which would likely annoy everyone, especially people who don't have Long Live The Lich and can't get the beetle. (Especially if they're also the people who don't want/can't get the griffon.)

IMO the best solution would be to sell matching beetle skins separately, but then I'm not sure how they would be priced - as part of a pack the skins cost 400 gems each, and single skins sold by direct purchase are 1,200 or 2,000 gems. So either the 'pack' beetles become far cheaper than other single skins or far more expensive than if they had been part of the pack to begin with. Either way it's going to anger some people.

Alternatively Anet have said they're working on another new mount, so if they keep adding new mounts we could eventually have another 5 and then they could release packs for those in the same themes as the existing packs...but that would be a long time in the future.

In my opinion it is rather disappointing to not have them added to the holiday bundle: these bundles are a package with one theme and naturally one would think they will add the roller beetle as well to this. Same with the wintersday one. That said, I don't care about those two sets since they look to me underwhelming/stupid.

@Palador.2170 said:And just how are they supposed to make a beetle for the Spooky Mount skins theme?

It's a bug. It has no bones, just the outer shell. You can't paint the skeleton on it, it doesn't have one. If you tried, it would wind up all one color.

They managed just fine with the Skimmer, which probably doesn't have bones either as it has a design based on a manta ray. If you look at the Spooky Skimmer it's more of a pattern following the general theme than a defined mapping out of any bone structure.Or if you really want your bone pattern, they could base the Spooky skin on the Tremor Armadillo skin for roller beetle - that would definitely have bones. :)

I'm hopeful that the sets will get filled out someway or another. Maybe they will just gradually add the missing skins to future mount adoption licenses, so we can fill out the sets over time in a similar way that the Primeval and Star sets haven't all been released together.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:This is the difference between companies that care about your purchases and consistency, compared to those that just want you to spend extra for said consistency.

I find it funny when people use entitlement as if that's a bad thing.

'Entitlement' is a bad thing... It is greed trying to justify it's very nature...

Anyhow, I don't really care what Arenanet does in terms of the holiday mount bundles. If they want to give me something additional for free (Considering I already bought the Halloween bundle), great. If not okay, as long as it isn't locked behind the black lion chests.

Archived