Please stop giving us Essences Of Luck past 300%; or make them useful for something

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Rauderi.8706" said:It'd be a boon for those maxed out on luck to get a vendor added to their home instance that would take luck for something: copper (10% of the luck value in copper) or some surprise bags with junk loot or currency.Basically, give something without it being too valuable.

The essences of luck were a reward in themselves. Now players are asking for a reward off a reward. Rewards don't need to be infinite. When +300% is achieved, then you've come to the end of the road on that benefit.

I can also make an argument with respects to "snow balling" where various game mechanics create greater disparity in the player base. This is why daily reward APs cap out at a maximum, just like other repeatable achievements.

Lisa shakes her head. As others have stated, the Devs said magic find is capped at 300 %.

Capped means capped.

If you spent a lot of gold and time to deliberately reach that cap faster than others..then..when you reached it, and those essences of luck you lusted after are suddenly not valuable to you anymore...do not cry.

Instead of tears, rejoice that you reached it. Lots of folks here haven't.

And, remember, the Devs never promised anything after Cap is achieved,

Why Rewards should not be infinite ? This is not communism, people who play the most, earn more. Why should we bridle people and wait for others because beginners don't have the 300% yet ? Like "no more raids or fractals, no more ascended chest/skin, because some players haven't done them"

Let the cap at 300%, but an Eater, like princess, mawdrey etc, would be appreciated. It gives 90% trash loot, it's okai.

@Julischka Bean.7491 said:Lisa shakes her head. As others have stated, the Devs said magic find is capped at 300 %.

Capped means capped.

If you spent a lot of gold and time to deliberately reach that cap faster than others..then..when you reached it, and those essences of luck you lusted after are suddenly not valuable to you anymore...do not cry.

Its almost 2019. If you have not your 300% yet you are ether a Casual or new.Anet throws out Luck like Candy on Halloween.

Also.Nobody (should) have paid gold for the 300 %, because you actually made Gold by salvaging Ectos in HoT and sometimes in PoF.

The only reason Anet did not gave us a Luck Sink is that People hord Billions of Luck and the moment Luck became useful, the Ecto market would explode.

At the same time, T6 Dust would be cheap like never before and other T6 material would also drop in Price.

I dont think Anet wants that.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@"Julischka Bean.7491" said:Lisa shakes her head. As others have stated, the Devs said magic find is capped at 300 %.

Capped means capped.

Its almost 2019. If you have not your 300% yet you are ether a Casual or new.Anet throws out Luck like Candy on Halloween.People with a lot of playtime and/or spending a good bit of time farming Istan/Silverwastes/AB probably have, but I suspect you are seriously overestimating the amount of people who play like that.

I know I've been playing for 6 years, closing in on 10k hours in game, with a variety of interests (pretty much everything except pvp, hardcore pve farming or world boss trains), salvaging most if not all blues and greens I find, and I'm just closing in on 250% magic find. Many of my friends with similar playtime are considerably below 300%, too.

It doesn't really matter whether you got to 300% buying blues and greens or ecto salvaging. If you've spent time and/or resources pushing your magic find, then your reward is the benefit you gain from said magic find. It's not much different from people reaching the daily achievement cap, or people with playstyles that give them more bloodstone dust/empyrial fragments/dragonite ore than the daily eaters can consume, or people farming specific maps to the point where they run into diminishing returns: rewards in this game are not linear, but (hard or soft) capped to encourage people to really play what they enjoy rather than "optimizing" their playtime to maximize rewards, often at the cost of enjoyment.

It's a fine line ANet has to work on, to keep the game rewarding enough to satisfy many, while trying to avoid the "reward above enjoyment" focus most similar games on the market fall prey to to keep people logging in. It's also one of the primary reasons why I play GW2 rather than other games on the market.

One day I will get to 300% magic find. In a way I am actually looking forward to it, as that will be the point when spending luck on any of the other sinks (crafting, decorations, guild advancement) will be pure fun instead of a trade-off against personal benefit. It will take a bit of getting used to, just like reaching the daily achievement cap took a bit of getting used to, but nevertheless to me those hard caps are a strong point of this game, as they keep the game balance tilted towards "play what you enjoy" and play a part in avoiding the feeling of falling behind if you don't do x, y or z the way similar games do.

As such, I hope ANet will not implement additional sinks of luck that give personal/account benefits. If they do see the need to add more sinks for luck, cosmetics like skins, minis or guild decorations should be the way to go.

I've only been playing since ls2, so that's 4ish yrs I think, and I'm at like 295% raw without ever salvaging ecto for luck or participating in any loot farms. I just do the things I like and salvage the gear I get. Point being, ppl have def reached the cap without 'exploiting' anything or rushing their way there. And more ppl will be hitting it every day moving forward. An eater or some other sink is a natural reaction to that reality. The idea that players are somehow to blame or at fault for reaching a cap strikes me as a little odd . . .

I wish they added a similar system for karma gain, xp gain, and gold find, too, and let us convert the magic find essences to use them there.

@Sanity Obscure.6054 said:A Luck Eater sounds like a great idea. I mean they have one for Memories Of Battle and that is a horrible investment at current prices.

Just make it only eat only the larger lucks.

This would be the easiest and fastest solution.

I've made the suggestion before and I'll make it again, allow a full stack of Exotic Luck to act as an automatic Mystic Forge Promoter.

As in, if you toss in 3 masterwork weapons and 250 Exotic Luck, you are guaranteed to get a rare weapon back. Additionally, if you toss 3 rare weapons and 250 Exotic Luck, you are guaranteed to get an exotic weapon back.

Gives it a use without making said use excessively overpowered.

@mtpelion.4562 said:I've made the suggestion before and I'll make it again, allow a full stack of Exotic Luck to act as an automatic Mystic Forge Promoter.

As in, if you toss in 3 masterwork weapons and 250 Exotic Luck, you are guaranteed to get a rare weapon back. Additionally, if you toss 3 rare weapons and 250 Exotic Luck, you are guaranteed to get an exotic weapon back.

Sounds good to me.Then I can use 3 exotics and 250 luck to get a random Ascended~And when it doesn't have the stats I want, I have to use Spirit Shards to buy Anthology of Heroes and use Ecto to make the ones I want.:)

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@mtpelion.4562 said:I've made the suggestion before and I'll make it again, allow a full stack of Exotic Luck to act as an automatic Mystic Forge Promoter.

Sounds good to me.Then I can use 3 exotics and 250 luck to get a random Ascended~And when it doesn't have the stats I want, I have to use Spirit Shards to buy Anthology of Heroes and use Ecto to make the ones I want.:)

Well, I don't know about Ascended since that isn't currently a promotion option, but I'm sure I wouldn't mind...

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Julischka Bean.7491 said:Lisa shakes her head. As others have stated, the Devs said magic find is capped at 300 %.

Capped means capped.

Its almost 2019. If you have not your 300% yet you are ether a Casual or new.Anet throws out Luck like Candy on Halloween.

Also.Nobody (should) have paid gold for the 300 %, because you actually made Gold by salvaging Ectos in HoT and sometimes in PoF.

The only reason Anet did not gave us a Luck Sink is that People hord Billions of Luck and the moment Luck became useful, the Ecto market would explode.

At the same time, T6 Dust would be cheap like never before and other T6 material would also drop in Price.

I dont think Anet wants that.

You are quite wrong. People who have lives(or jobs) that remove them from any kind of internet for up to six or even nine months, like my job(USN) does not have 300% MF and im not a casual when it comes to being able to play, with the amount of playtime ive been able to physically obtain with my job(over 6k hours) i have a grand total of 238% MF, i refuse to spend gold to max it out, and i salvage literally every item i obtain.