I would be interested in a Winged Unicorn/Pegasus hybrid Skyscale Mount skin - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

I would be interested in a Winged Unicorn/Pegasus hybrid Skyscale Mount skin

2>

Comments

• mexifelio.6892mexifelio.6892 Member
    edited January 28, 2020

Griffin-mythical-creatures.jpg

I think they were trying to go for something like this but missed the mark.

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

@kharmin.7683 said:
    Ok, so maybe the OP was someone who knew that this was going to be released and tried to gin up interest by posting on the forums. Then, we got ... whatever that thing is.

Or, it's another example of needing to be careful what you wish for.

i hope ppl heard me now when i post against "water themed expansion", housing and another foruns "unicorns".

main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

I find it interesting that the tank-raptor and that mess of a "demon" bunny are considered cool and totally acceptable and this is what people object to.

20 years ago that would have been me too. I wouldn't have dared express the slightest interest in anything "cute" or silly but the more creepy and disturbing you could make it the better. I'm not actually sure when I stopped caring and settled on just liking 'weird' things of all stripes, I don't think I really noticed until GW2 came out and I realised I absolutely would use a bow which shoots unicorns because it's so rediculous.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"Not dead which eternal lie, stranger eons death may die. Drain you of your sanity, face the thing that should not be"

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Knighthonor.4061 said:
    Next I would like a Unicorn/Pegasus hybrid for a Skyscale Mount skin.

You got your wish. Congrats. It looks terrible, but at least you are happy I take it. ;)

• Ben K.6238Ben K.6238 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Danikat.8537 said:
    I find it interesting that the tank-raptor and that mess of a "demon" bunny are considered cool and totally acceptable and this is what people object to.

20 years ago that would have been me too. I wouldn't have dared express the slightest interest in anything "cute" or silly but the more creepy and disturbing you could make it the better. I'm not actually sure when I stopped caring and settled on just liking 'weird' things of all stripes, I don't think I really noticed until GW2 came out and I realised I absolutely would use a bow which shoots unicorns because it's so rediculous.

I actually like both. Didn't end up getting the armoured raptor because I had so many other skins I already liked, but it did have a good Iron Legion theme going.
    This winged unicorn chimaera needs a facelift and a less airborne tail but aside from that I actually like it.

• LOOK WHAT YOU MADE THEM DO! :s

• @Danikat.8537 said:

"Cute" is fine. "Silly" is fine. "Ridiculous" is fine (I have 2x Dreamers and love my Rainbow Unicorn finisher). This is just hideous.

• @eyestrain.3056 said:
    So you are the one to blame... jk
    I just feel bad for whoever designed and modeled this. So many poor choices resulting in this uncanny valley frankenstein.
    There have been plenty of mount skins that havent been my personal taste but at least for the 2000 gem skins there has been a lot of care put into the animations, design, texture, etc.
    That something like this could be approved and released makes me concerned about future content quality control.

Agreed. It's atrocious. :|

• Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Rio.4259 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:

People complained about both of those mounts as well, but not anywhere near this scale because...they werent nearly as terrible. This one is just bad. Not even bad, its just hideous. Not in a quirky way, not in an "omg it looks too dark and evil" way...its just plain fugly. I know some people will defend to the death ANYTHING anet does or puts out, and I understand maybe some people like it for some reason, and to each their own. But no...to most of us, seeing this brings the reaction of "oh my lord what the heck is that, what have they done, kill it with fire".

Its atrocious, and NOT in any kind of quirky way.

You obviously don’t appreciate the awesome sense of humor Anet has lol

@eyestrain.3056 said:
    So you are the one to blame... jk
    I just feel bad for whoever designed and modeled this. So many poor choices resulting in this uncanny valley frankenstein.
    There have been plenty of mount skins that havent been my personal taste but at least for the 2000 gem skins there has been a lot of care put into the animations, design, texture, etc.
    That something like this could be approved and released makes me concerned about future content quality control.

Some of you are way too serious and lack funny bones... It was a joke mount, and one that you aren’t forced to buy lol

• nxsage.6578nxsage.6578 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2020

@Swagger.1459 said:
    Some of you are way too serious and lack funny bones... It was a joke mount, and one that you aren’t forced to buy lol

ehh what sense of humor https://imgur.com/a/3Q7c1pi

Remove the cast time on impairing daggers.
    Fix lag in EU t1 matchups.
    Increase deco limit by +5.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well sucks for me cant even use my black lion keys becouse I accidently dont even want this mount unlocked.

• Rio.4259Rio.4259 Member ✭✭

@Swagger.1459 said:

Where did they state it is a joke mount?

• Kaliwenda.3428Kaliwenda.3428 Member ✭✭✭

@Astrolicus.3716 said:
    I have good news for you, OP.

Yeah, our beloved skyscale really dodged a bullet there. Back to the drawing board, Anet!

• It's getting some traction since I shared it to Facebook. Everybody agrees that it's hilarious.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

Maybe you need to keep this mount skin for the next tier?

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

edited January 29, 2020

@nxsage.6578 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:

ehh what sense of humor https://imgur.com/a/3Q7c1pi

@Rio.4259 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:

Where did they state it is a joke mount?

Are you peeps not paying attention to the OPs request from back in Nov???

"Next I would like a Unicorn/Pegasus hybrid for a Skyscale Mount skin."

So some dev(s) must have seen this thread and thought it would be fun to make something like it. The devs are allowed to be silly and goofy. And its not like anyone is forced to buy it... Geez...

• nxsage.6578nxsage.6578 Member ✭✭✭

So some dev(s) must have seen this thread and thought it would be fun to make something like it. The devs are allowed to be silly and goofy. And its not like anyone is forced to buy it... Geez...

Nobody is happy it exists either, even the mount doesn't seem happy with its existence. When OP made the post I'm sure he didn't have something so horrendous in mind.

Remove the cast time on impairing daggers.
    Fix lag in EU t1 matchups.
    Increase deco limit by +5.

• kratan.4619kratan.4619 Member ✭✭✭

@nxsage.6578 said:

Nobody is happy it exists either, even the mount doesn't seem happy with its existence. When OP made the post I'm sure he didn't have something so horrendous in mind.

I am totally happy it exists, will so be buying this thing as soon as I get on tonight.

@nxsage.6578 said:

Then don't buy it... Your problem is solved now lol

• Funky.4861Funky.4861 Member ✭✭✭

This is the ultimate ess jay double-u mount- notice the rainbows when you move it in the preview pane? I do have such a troll char and i'm actually (surprising myself) tempted...

• Syrus.2174Syrus.2174 Member ✭✭✭

The mount looks a bit like someone put wings, feathers, weird legs and a new horn on Charlie the Unicorn...first Candy Mountain and all the madness, now this. Can't blame him for looking so annoyed at the situation.

• Ultramex.1506Ultramex.1506 Member ✭✭✭

@Swagger.1459 said:

@nxsage.6578 said:

It won't fix the biggest problem that this....thing exist and looks like that in the game, i wish Warclaw's Lance would work in PvE so peole can throw at them
    I think letting Jormag corrupt my mind isn't so bad after all

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

I immediately thought of this thread when i saw the gem store.
    OP doomed us all

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

@Blude.6812 said:

@Dahkeus.8243 said:
    It's as if OP's prayers were answered from the "Twist My Wish"/"Evil Genie" game:

That looks really bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's cursed. It's not just bad, it's what should've never been.
    This is what you get when the original staff leaves the game. Everything that's holy will become gemstore fodder

Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• @Danikat.8537 said:

Assuming the "demon bunny" is the Infernal Horror Springer, I agree with you. I don't see why there would be a problem with the Dreadnought Raptor though - it even has some surprisingly plausible lore behind that closely matches what real life humans did with horses.

With this pegasus thing, I think you've misunderstood the objections though - I haven't seen anyone saying it looks too cute or too silly. I think the problem is that it isn't sufficiently horselike to match people's expectations of what a unicorn pegasus should look like.

• XYLO.7031XYLO.7031 Member ✭✭✭

@Knighthonor.4061 said:
    I like some of the Unique mount skins like the Humming Bird for Skimmer and the Deer for Jackal.

Next I would like a Unicorn/Pegasus hybrid for a Skyscale Mount skin.
    not sure if some special effects could also be a thing. Maybe since there is already a fire effect skyscale. But a Running on a beam of light animation, when flying, for this would seal the deal for me.

I like unique ones too. I can't stand any recolor skins of the pugfaced default no matter how shiny the rest of the skin is designed. That goes for griffon too. Pugface? Nope.

I like my horsie face pegasus griffon, even with its Gorilla Feather arms and webbed front feet.

The fact that many don't like it means my choice will stay unique so I'm more likely to sport it.

I have only seen one other person with it while playing alongside me.

As a side note, I can dive more accurately because of the pegasus slender head.

Eponymously known as 'Tanya' despite many alts
    Beetle Gymkhana @ Crimson Post Reset TT
    Home Course: Bloodtide Coast, Spiral Track aka Bloodtide Slide

• Rio.4259Rio.4259 Member ✭✭
    edited January 31, 2020

@Swagger.1459 said:

So it wasn't stated and you want us to go on your assumption. Got it. :p

Seems kinda silly for them to invest time into a "joke mount" when they can invest it into something that the vast majority does not think looks like an abomination, like a GOOD LOOKING pegasus, or good looking mount in general...which would make them much more money. But yes, to each their own.

• @Rio.4259 said:
    Seems kinda silly for them to invest time into a "joke mount" when they can invest it into something that the vast majority does not think looks like an abomination, like a GOOD LOOKING pegasus, or good looking mount in general...which would make them much more money. But yes, to each their own.

Alternatively, if they had wanted to make more money off this, could have released it on April 1st. I don't think people would have cared so much then.

@Rio.4259 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:

So it wasn't stated and you want us to go on your assumption. Got it. :p

A bunch of us already figured out where the idea came from, it’s pretty obvious so get on board. You don’t need the devs to make a blog post clarifying it.

It’s not like you’re limited to this one skin... you’ll get more, so don’t buy it if you have issues. Your problem solved.

• Cobrakon.3108Cobrakon.3108 Member ✭✭✭

I love it. It's corny as heck. I may dye mine pink with a max height Norn. I don't even like pink

• The saying: "Any attentions good attention", applies.

@Swagger.1459 said:

@nxsage.6578 said:

Your neighbours paint their houses bright pink. Fill the gardens with the ugliest pride-parade assessments you can find, and will be hosting my little pony festivals every weekend.
    But it's not a problem? Rights? Since you don't live in those houses, right?

Briefly put, just like SAB, not only can 'not partake', it's noisy aesthetics will still ruin your experience.
    And if that was only it, but no. It's also a problem.
    The core staff made horses and unicorns a thing of myth and legend. They only existed in paintings to enhance the glory of the humans presented in.
    But now you can buy one and parade it in reality.

..jormag? Who's that?

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:

@nxsage.6578 said:

Your neighbours paint their houses bright pink. Fill the gardens with the ugliest pride-parade assessments you can find, and will be hosting my little pony festivals every weekend.
    But it's not a problem? Rights? Since you don't live in those houses, right?

Briefly put, just like SAB, not only can 'not partake', it's noisy aesthetics will still ruin your experience.
    And if that was only it, but no. It's also a problem.
    The core staff made horses and unicorns a thing of myth and legend. They only existed in paintings to enhance the glory of the humans presented in.
    But now you can buy one and parade it in reality.

Move your character away from the players using the mount skin that visually offends you. Problem solved.