9th Birthday Disappointment [Merged]

4 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I personally think that the Cake is a better reward ( when fixed) then the 8y amulet + infusion. 

Who needs an asc. Amulet and a karma infusion after 8 years? 

But I agree with the rest. Pretty "meh" 

The infusion had a unique aurora aura to it as well. Plus the random fireworks when you unsheathed your weapons or started gliding (though I wasn't a fan of those). And while the karma part of it wasn't impressive, an ascended amulet alone was nice if you have multiple characters that weren't fully decked out in ascended or legendary gear.

If you stick to a handful of characters I can see why it would be meh, but as someone with had over 30 characters at the time, it was nice to swap out an exotic amulet on whoever I was doing map completion on at the time.

A bit of extra passive karma and stats is better than nothing, which the cake effectively is—I don't see how that would be useful to anyone 9 years in no matter how many or few characters you have when there are so many other options that are on par or better than it ranging from free (feasts others put down) to copper on the trading post. It's just a lot of work for no real.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Really was expecting at least something kind of cool, pretty much anything that was kind of unique. What bugs me the most is that the cake doesn't even have 9 candles, like c'mon it's low hanging fruit there at least. Anyway, been playing since launch and between Primordus and this I feel pretty shafted. Your oldest vets are the ones who recommend the game on other forums and social media. I'm not going to show off a cake that's missing four candles

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Yea, the Cake just being a (bugged) 30m version of the 10 minute Birthday Blaster that you can spam anyway, and one of 6 super shiny dyes per account is a bit disappointing. 

For multiple characters, rather than at least more of the dyes it's just the boosters and a bit of karma - meaning for the next 3 Years it looks like Birthday Gifts will just be left over Birthday Weapons + 5 years of 1 Dye as Account Gift, with 2 Birthday Boosters in the character gift. 

After the Armors, Chair and Infusion a bit of a let down. 

The reuse of the Title is genuinely something though. Even though I don't care much for the Titles, come on Anet.

Edited by Asum.4960
  • Like 14
  • Confused 4

There is very little that has impressed me at about the development of this game since the so-called templates garbage dropped.

It makes me sad.

But then, I suppose everything has its natural life span, waxes and wanes.

I'm not in the least excited about EoD; I mean... fishing, lel.

The 9th birthday stuff seems par for the course at the moment.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Zephire.8049 said:

The infusion had a unique aurora aura to it as well. Plus the random fireworks when you unsheathed your weapons or started gliding (though I wasn't a fan of those). And while the karma part of it wasn't impressive, an ascended amulet alone was nice if you have multiple characters that weren't fully decked out in ascended or legendary gear.

If you stick to a handful of characters I can see why it would be meh, but as someone with had over 30 characters at the time, it was nice to swap out an exotic amulet on whoever I was doing map completion on at the time.

A bit of extra passive karma and stats is better than nothing, which the cake effectively is—I don't see how that would be useful to anyone 9 years in no matter how many or few characters you have when there are so many other options that are on par or better than it ranging from free (feasts others put down) to copper on the trading post. It's just a lot of work for no real.

I can put down the cake for new players. 

It's also a quick and free food effect. 

It will definitely see use. 

The amulet and enrichment will forever take up a bankslot. 

The cake is something unique. 

The amulet and enrichment are something that most people already have alot of. 

The Aura effect is sadly tied to the enrichment and Karma is not the best choice. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 11

The title being the same as Mursaat Overseer CM is just embarrassing oversight. Change the MO CM title to something more fitting Anet! 

It’s also disappointing that the dyes this year are just one and the cake isn’t an ascended food. You could have it be ascended buffs without any prefix modifiers like peppercorn or cilantro and the stats could be slightly lower than regular ascended cele food.

If this is where we go on year 9 after year 8, I shudder to think of what year 10 would be!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Not trying to be elitist or something but it's just sad to see veteran having this kind of underwhelming useless stuff. 9 years is a long term commitment for a game. A dye or two and some unique never before seen items wouldn't hurt at all. Instead we are getting what? 20 spirit shards  .. I have tons of that lying around not being used and I am sure I am not the only one.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

I mean the dye is cool but it’s not like - groundbreaking. The title sounds extremely uninspired like someone just wrote it without paying too much attention.

it’s funny how little work they sacrifice for presents and how much for gemstore skins

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Why on earth is the dye only one per account? I happily picked a color expecting to be able to get some other colors on other characters, like has always been the case. I'm so disappointed. It's just a dye. Don't my other characters deserve fun rewards for being 9 years old, too?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1