Mechanist Bug Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

I'm not sure I was supposed to be able to solo Steve in the Lab. He got the jump on me and at first it was going as you would expect.  Then the mech got proper aggro and  sort of stop taking damage for a good long while, I could stand back and plink at the Horror without issue with minimal condi damage ( that was being healed by the signet )

Eventually, more people showed up, mesmers, standing next to me who actually got downed by the aoe torment while I remained mostly unaffected. The mech eventually resumed taking damage and died but you could tell something was off.

1 hour ago, Perceptor.7189 said:

This happend while trying the meca on the champion golem in the fractal lobby, but when the jade golem dies, if you are quick enough for cast him barrier and then you cast f skill, the golem stay in the fight instead with perma invuln. 

Can confirm but i achieved this through a slightly different method which i believe is two seperate bugs.

1. You mech can interrupt it's recall state (via death or cast) by using any of the Function Skills or Signets

2. If your mech would be dead and recalling and you do this it becomes invulnerable.

Another not quite right interaction possibly a bug is that the mech will ignore some map geometery like barriers and can teleport via the F1 skill to targets that would otherwise be unreachable.

• Like 1

As mentioned, mech name doesn't stay if it's resummoned or traits are changed or you go to a different zone.

With the top traits in the mechanist line (condi damage traits), the mech's "melee" attack isn't really melee, it attacks from a small distance away, which wouldn't be a problem except it puts the mech out of range for the radius of the F2 attack and the aoe condi damage signet (forget the name, the one that pulses damage around the mech when active).

The mech is not spawnable underwater, and has no effect underwater.  This really puts the mechanist in a crippled state for any underwater content.  Please give the mech a submerged mode!

Tool kit 1 still only repairs turrets, not the mech.  That's probably just an oversight, but could it be fixed?  Nobody uses tool kit anyways, and it'd be nice to have for condi builds if it could also repair the mech.

37 minutes ago, rune.9572 said:

Enemy golems are invulnerable in WvW

XD

Noticed the same. If the Mecha dies it get the "Determined" buff and is invulnerable while flying away. If you then recall the Mecha you interrupt the flying away and end up with a perfectly fine "Determined" and invulnerable Mecha. Maybe this should be fixed even before end of the beta to prevent exploitation.

EDIT: Ah I see others reported that as well.

Edited by das Keks.5403
  • Like 1

Not sure if intended, but in open world my mech has ~46k health but in WvW (using same player gear and traits, mind you) my mech has only 27k health. Doesn't seem to make much sense, because you would expect the mech to take more dmg in PvP-oriented content. 

1 hour ago, das Keks.5403 said:

If the Mecha dies it get the "Determined" buff and is invulnerable while flying away. If you then recall the Mecha you interrupt the flying away and end up with a perfectly fine "Determined" and invulnerable Mecha.

Having run through the story mode of Caudecus' Manor, I noticed that this also happens if you command the Jade Mech to perform a special attack as it's trying to fly away. Coupled with the absurd damage that thing innately deals, I was able to solo Champions with little effort.

This is made even worse if you die, because there's a brief 1-2 second window where the mech keeps fighting. If you use a waypoint before then, the golem remains out(maybe still Invulnerable from the above bug) and you can keep the fight going as you sort your inventory a hundred or so feet away.

Edited by david r.3947
Also wanted to point out just how high the innate stat conversions are for the traits. That must've also contributed to the Jade Mech's crazy damage.

5 hours ago, GrayHawk.7560 said:

It looks like the Tools minor Mechanised Deployment isn't affecting the Mech Command skills but the majors affect them as if they were tool belt skills.  Is this a bug or intended? If intended then it's a totally dead trait on Mechanist.

I took a look at this and the minor is applying to the F skills. No bug on my end. CDs are below

With Tool Line:

• F1 abilities:
  • Rolling Smash- 17s
  • Explosive Knuckle- 12.75s
  • Spark Revolver- 17s

F2 abilities:

• Discharge Array- 25.5s
  • Crisis Zone- 34s
  • Core Reactor Shot- 21.25s

F3 abilities:

• Jade Mortar- 17s
  • Barrier Burst- 25.5s
  • Sky Circus- 25.5s

Without Tool Line:

• F1 abilities:
  • Rolling Smash- 20s
  • Explosive Knuckle- 15s
  • Spark Revolver- 20s

F2 abilities:

• Discharge Array- 30s
  • Crisis Zone- 40s
  • Core Reactor Shot- 25s

F3 abilities:

• Jade Mortar- 20s
  • Barrier Burst- 30s
  • Sky Circus- 30s

21 minutes ago, DragoTheWise.7256 said:

I took a look at this and the minor is applying to the F skills. No bug on my end. CDs are below

With Tool Line:

• F1 abilities:
  • Rolling Smash- 17s
  • Explosive Knuckle- 12.75s
  • Spark Revolver- 17s

F2 abilities:

• Discharge Array- 25.5s
  • Crisis Zone- 34s
  • Core Reactor Shot- 21.25s

F3 abilities:

• Jade Mortar- 17s
  • Barrier Burst- 25.5s
  • Sky Circus- 25.5s

Without Tool Line:

• F1 abilities:
  • Rolling Smash- 20s
  • Explosive Knuckle- 15s
  • Spark Revolver- 20s

F2 abilities:

• Discharge Array- 30s
  • Crisis Zone- 40s
  • Core Reactor Shot- 25s

F3 abilities:

• Jade Mortar- 20s
  • Barrier Burst- 30s
  • Sky Circus- 30s

Yeh seems to have been fixed my side as well thankfully, allowed me to get my build going.  Will delete the bug post.

• Like 1

The mecha is all over the place. even with the ranged attacks it keeps running into zergs in wvw and dying, move the skills to the side and make an F1 where we can command it to attack or go back to you, i have to run the teleport signet to call it back everytime.

Jade Mortar skill is buggy as hell, the jade just shoots at the direction it is facing independent of if im targeting someone or not, if should shot the thing where my target (from action camera) is targeting, like auto attacks

• Like 1

Standing next to my Mech atacking continuesly he gets ~11 stacks of might while im only at ~5.
Jade Siphon boosts it up to 14 migh but it runs out before he does it again.

Build and Stuff:
Alchemy: 3-3-1

Inventions: 1-1-3

Mechanist: 2-2-2

All Harrier Legendary (Except Mace, Amulet, 1 Ring -> Harrier Exotic from Beta Chests)

Superior Rune of Scourge x6

Superior Sigil of Force + No Sigil in Shield

Edit: I just realised that im loosing some stacks of might way before the 17seconds mark. Tooltip says the duration is 17s)

Edited by ShadowElf.1975
More Information

4 hours ago, AquaBR.9250 said:

The mecha is all over the place. even with the ranged attacks it keeps running into zergs in wvw and dying, move the skills to the side and make an F1 where we can command it to attack or go back to you, i have to run the teleport signet to call it back everytime.

Jade Mortar skill is buggy as hell, the jade just shoots at the direction it is facing independent of if im targeting someone or not, if should shot the thing where my target (from action camera) is targeting, like auto attacks

Yep. Action Camera has many issues like this and thank god for this bug thread started by a dev because I've made posts for years about action camera. Certain skills in the game think you don't have a target when you in fact do but will not go off or will not work properly unless your reticule is aimed right on the target. Other skills work just fine, but some skills don't and I'm not sure why?

Some of the skills that work bad with action camera:

Ghastly Claws - It will say you have no target selected if your reticule isn't close to the target.

Deaths Charge - Will charge towards the general direction of the target selected but not right to it if reticule isn't right on the target.

Many skills have this problem with action camera. Please fix it already PLEASE.

Bug:  Jade Mech pet name.  This has already been mentioned, but there seems to be an issue with the naming of the Jade Mech. I like that I can change its name to like how Zojja has Mr. Sparkles or Taimi & Scruffy, but the name change does not appear to last. It will stay for the battle, but reverts back to default if I mount, glide, or stow the mech, go underwater, etc.. Hoping the name I assign can stick around throughout instead of having to redo the name every few minutes.

-Name of pet resets every time you summon it.

-in Auric basin, my golem decided to attack one of the invincible worms on the west side of the map and i could not get him to attack any other target until the invincible aura was removed from the worm.

-in Fractal 24, first boss, the golems will remain in the center and not follow the player through the jump updrafts.

-pathing actually appears to be worse than ranger pets

1. Cooldown timers missing on F1 and F3

2. Animation lock during F1 and F2 maybe 50% of the time

3. When dismounting, mech resummons in a random location on screen, sometimes far behind

4. Mech summons if Crash Down is available when mining, gathering or harvesting and interrupting channel

5. Tool trait line minors seem to affect Mech, but majors seem to be hit and miss

There seems to be an issue with de-summoning the mech in combat.  Twice I have de-summoned it when it’s health got close to about 20% and when I did the following occurred:

For a moment the long cool down from when the mech dies was displayed, but then the 10 second cool down for de-summoning over-wrote that.  When this 10 second cool down finished, the skill flipped back to the full, long death cooldown.  
I don’t recall if the mech technically died when it was in the process of blasting off, but I don’t think it did.

1. I had the mech set on 'passive' and it was sitting beside me as we watched some server-mates fighting enemies in front of us on the bridge by Lowlands Keep. I used the "Crisis Zone" skill and the mech started running forward far ahead into the scrum, even though I hadn't moved and I didn't have any enemies or allies targeted. 

2. I jumped down off the Stonemist Castle inner-wall to engage some enemies below but the mech didn't follow. You have to be very far from the wall for the mech auto-port to you. So if the enemy stays near the wall and you jump down to fight, you will be fighting by yourself as the mech watches from above. 

3. Certain areas, the mech can't traverse, such as the little step you can hop up on the cliff that is between Klovan and Stonemist. The mech will not auto-port to you either once you're up there. Furthermore, if you try to use the shadowstep from Shift Signet while you're up on that plateau, it will not work at all (neither for yourself nor for your mech) since your mech doesn't have a path there. Even if you de-spawn the mech, you can't use the shadowstep while up on that hill. I am unsure if this is intended or not. Do other professions' shadowsteps work once you have hopped up on that plateau?