Damage seems a bit too high in PvP?

Knoxxius.1524

Damage is high only in spacific meta set ups only accessible by a small group of specs and in a few meme builds, again that are only accessible by a few specs. In any other case damage is actually too low for the majority of cases  this was caused by feb blanket patch that didn't take each individual class into account therefore leaving gw2 into a uncontrolled mess of things left either overpowered or underpowered.

• Like 1

damage is only too high on specific builds. For example rev,thief (thief playing on 2 defence lines (SA and Daredevil) but still is able to deal over 4k damage with just 1 skill) ,necro (yes necro since it does fair amount of damage for playing a tank build) and some condi build if it is well played (most people can't play them well so)

23 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

damage is only too high on specific builds. For example rev,thief (thief playing on 2 defence lines (SA and Daredevil) but still is able to deal over 4k damage with just 1 skill) ,necro (yes necro since it does fair amount of damage for playing a tank build) and some condi build if it is well played (most people can't play them well so)

Thief SA, dmg high? Im not reading this

• Like 2

On 1/17/2022 at 11:52 PM, Ashgar.3024 said:

Is this real? The damage is super low outside a few random outliers (Lich autos lol).

There's a reason the meta revolves around safe, slow,  low energy Core builds. Everything else got neutered to hell.

Only exception is like Herald but that requires to have a support glued to your kitten since the build has 0 sustain.

Its so boring :/.

Roamers aren't supposed to have a lot of sustain

On 1/17/2022 at 7:39 PM, greedywholesome.9081 said:

One must be high on something to think the damage in this mode is high. 

High on nostalgia perhaps?

Compared to pre-expansion GW2, the damage IS high. Insanely high. Observe: D/D ele before HoT released

Edited by coro.3176
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, coro.3176 said:

Compared to pre-expansion GW2, the damage IS high. Insanely high. Observe: D/D ele before HoT released

Yes! Thank you! This is exactly what I remember the game like and it felt far more skill based than what the game is now. If we could get this but with a 20%ish damage buff, I'd be happy!

Game feels pretty kittening brain dead right now 

Edited by Knoxxius.1524

14 hours ago, anjo.6143 said:

Yeah 4 ppl hitting u, u will die quickly, whats ur point? That makes dmg on pvp be high in ur mind? 

My point (and someone already mention it) is before expansions the game wasn't spamfiesta and was much slower and damage was lower. If you compare with pre feb patch, the damage is low. If you compare with vanilla the damage is high. And I would chouse vanilla state of the game.

7 hours ago, cyberzombie.7348 said:

The original combat philosophy was designed around avoiding getting hit, not facetanking shots like a traditional MMO.

That's true. But original combat had no 5 sec cd skills with 5-8k damage. Original combat had no boon spam. Original combat system has no billion multiplicative damage modifiers. Original combat required team effort to win fights or outsmarting opponents.

Edited by Spellhunter.9675
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

@aelska.4609 i mean th classes that got the lowest nerfs with that cc damage nerfs where thief and rev (but rev got still some nerfs since Staffel 5 and elite skill doing no damage however those ccs where not used for damage at all). While a class like warrior where cc damage Was like 50% of its damage droped instantly from beeing meta to near useless. ( I know its not rly useless but actually to win against good players you need to Do tons more efford input.)

7 hours ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

My point (and someone already mention it) is before expansions the game wasn't spamfiesta

It was certainly a spam fest, i don't know a point in this game where combat wasn't a blob of AoEs and CCs. Difference is there is now different kinds of spam, which will happen with 2 expansion worth of Especs, soon to be 3.

• Like 3

On 1/20/2022 at 10:37 AM, BobbyT.7192 said:

It was certainly a spam fest, i don't know a point in this game where combat wasn't a blob of AoEs and CCs. Difference is there is now different kinds of spam, which will happen with 2 expansion worth of Especs, soon to be 3.

People often forget that defensive options were WAY over the top on a lot of specs back in the day as well.

Passive defenses are largely dead, like Passive Elixir S and all the old CC effect traits. 

Damage was much much higher but so was the defensive capabilities of most specs as well. 

Full zerk, scholar runes, slb elite into sic'em and kitten necros don't die to a fully executed combo. 

Damage feels high because everyone is in berserker to do fast kills as possible, so the damage you receive is as well huge and "feels so high". 

And this shows how stupid and braindead are tardcro and tardian, but nothing to do, it's the usual trash balance.

• Confused 1

On 1/19/2022 at 11:28 PM, coro.3176 said:

Oh this. The 4 cele ele +1 decapper thief meta. Holy ***** it was so boring. Worst GW2-s pvp has ever been. Even the brief HoT bunker period was more diverse and dynamic than this.

Why do people keep remembering this as a good thing. It was anything but.

• Like 1

I should go back and watch those videos from around 2016 when a single Thief killed the entire enemy team with oneshot Backstabs out of stealth and using Shadowstep stomps to take them out one by one, or when a Ranger killed 2-3 players at once in the single channel of a Rapid Fire by spamming next enemy key as it cast to cycle through them with 4-5k per arrow, (and that was pre-Soulbeast with all its damage modifiers).

There was a time where Staff Ele could wipe an enemy team with Meteor Shower from max range.

The only thing that makes damage seem high right now is they removed all the defensive amulets and forced everyone to have damage, even full supports, so you even get your team's  Ele doing 1k autos in Water Attunement.

Lack of build diversity always leads to situations where everything seems overexadurated. Its ironic, because we're closer to true balance in damage than we've ever been before. But players don't have access to the class or build diversity to take advantage of it; they just get funneled back into  DPS builds.

For example, why play anything but Necro when you can just delete people with Lich? Why play anything but Drragonhunter when you can kill every player on the point with Traps? Etc.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Thanks 2