Anyone else underwhelmed by Jade bots?

As the last mastery being advertised before released you think anet would of saved the best for last. Now I'm not referring to their design, it doesn't matter how cute they are what matters is what they bring to the game. Now, I know we shouldn't get hung up on anet adding new features, personally I think they need to overhaul a lot of the old systems before placing any new ones in the game, but they decided to add new features that service little to no purpose. Jade bots rez you? Really? Boost your mount? Really? Give you an updraft? Reallllllllly? Does this seem a little lack luster and just a feel like adding something just to say they added something. Now I know that is just what they advertise and maybe there more to the little kitten than we are being told, but really most of these things they are said to be able to do seem so pointless.

Now, I know this came off as a bit of a downer, but come on when they were listing off some of the ability the bot will do if you wanna call them ability I just rolled my eyes saying "really". 

Edited by xXMapcoXx.9614
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 25
  • Sad 3

I think they're underwhelming if you were hoping for something more impactful than skiffs and fishing. Some people think the bots are this, others see them as different ways of doing things we can already do. Personally, I expect EoD to be 'just ok' since it was fast-tracked, so my energy for this expansion has largely remained unchanged since its announcement. In this light, the bots were simply whelming for me when revealed, neither amazing nor demotivating.

And of course, the usual disclaimer: I'll be able to give a more accurate assessment once I actually have EoD and can go in and experience things like the boats, bots, and fishing to get a better idea of what they can do and what their limitations are. Any input I have now is based purely on the promos and articles they've released.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

Personally I find them - at least as far as coverage so far went - actually more than I anticipated "jade tech" mastery to be. Looking forward to the guild chat to see whole scope of how they work 🙂

PS. OP not sure if you have seen the news media coverage on the subject, byt massively op and some others have made articles on it, and it would seem that scope of what bots can do will be much larger than just stamina refill for mounts, global lick wounds for downed state and updrafts-on-demand.

• Like 10

I haven't had any expectations for EoD and as features have been released have been cautiously optimistic about them.  Jade Bots will be a fine addition, and it is hard not to be intrigued by what they will offer.  So far the Jade Bots appear to be the most interesting feature above Fishing, Skiffs and Turtles.

• Like 8

Somewhat, in terms of functionality it's pretty much exactly what I expected it to be so nothing special there but the whole "charges that need to be replenished" thing really kills it for me as I'm definitely not going to run back to Cantha just because I ran out of charges halfway through Dragon's Stand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

49 minutes ago, Aravind.9610 said:

I think the charge thing is for Canthan stuff only, like activating defense cannons in Cantha, or opening "Jade chests", whatever those are. That's what it says on PCGamer website.

massivelyop.com on the other hand implies that all of the abilities/masteries use the charges and gamespace.com says they had to collect batteries to use the remote control function.

Either way, if batteries are needed, I doubt there wouldn't be a way to obtain charges outside of EoD, but it would certainly be easier within EoD. Considering IBS used the "battery" mechanic, they probably just pop out rarely during combat, or worst case, you have to feed it something. An obvious future upgrade in this case would be a "solar panel".

I'm repeating what I said several times before, 

In an expansion we need a feature that will be used in any aspect of the game, which feels like an actual expansion to game play. 

Skiffs and fishing are restricted on water, seige turtle has no purpose if you're a solo player. 

But jade bots, now they can be used anywhere.  Tho as you said, it's not a great thing, they probably added to satisfy the expansion part. 

I like hot and pot which had 1 great feature, this one brings several small new features. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

18 hours ago, xXMapcoXx.9614 said:

As the last mastery being advertised before released you think anet would of saved the best for last. Now I'm not referring to their design, it doesn't matter how cute they are what matters is what they bring to the game. Now, I know we shouldn't get hung up on anet adding new features, personally I think they need to overhaul a lot of the old systems before placing any new ones in the game, but they decided to add new features that service little to no purpose. Jade bots rez you? Really? Boost your mount? Really? Give you an updraft? Reallllllllly? Does this seem a little lack luster and just a feel like adding something just to say they added something. Now I know that is just what they advertise and maybe there more to the little kitten than we are being told, but really most of these things they are said to be able to do seem so pointless.

Now, I know this came off as a bit of a downer, but come on when they were listing off some of the ability the bot will do if you wanna call them ability I just rolled my eyes saying "really". 

By the early look from the trailer and many articles that has been published you can see features like - scavenging, recycling, skiff boost, mount boost, gliding boost, revive on cd, personal waypoint, screenshot tool and probably couple more things. How can people say that there's 0 new features? Even though they are not game changing, they're still gonna be useful QoL features not only available in EoD but entire game. 

What's more weird, I see people are whining cause of glider updrafts and mount energy boost, like wtf? Anet is further enhancing and upgrading major mechanics which everyone use, not making them redundant and giving them longer life span is actually well-thought and great thing. 

Edited by Nawrotex.9521
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

On 2/9/2022 at 11:04 PM, AgentMoore.9453 said:

I think they're underwhelming if you were hoping for something more impactful than skiffs and fishing. Some people think the bots are this, others see them as different ways of doing things we can already do. Personally, I expect EoD to be 'just ok' since it was fast-tracked, so my energy for this expansion has largely remained unchanged since its announcement. In this light, the bots were simply whelming for me when revealed, neither amazing nor demotivating.

And of course, the usual disclaimer: I'll be able to give a more accurate assessment once I actually have EoD and can go in and experience things like the boats, bots, and fishing to get a better idea of what they can do and what their limitations are. Any input I have now is based purely on the promos and articles they've released.

They are related to jeweler, they play with multiple systems ingame from inventory stuff to combat and movement, idk this seems like the most impactful mastery in eod.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, xXMapcoXx.9614 said:

I got to disagree with you? Is this the area that needs to be upgraded? No! They negect half their game and you wonder why people whine? Because half these features are extremely pointless qol like why would you need a pot to rez you if you are in the down state? You can already do that? Come on man pull your head out of your kitten and get some perspective here. These features are not features more like to sadify the content check box

Oh so its not that it doesnt update and change systems is that you dont care about the systems touched, i think ohoto mode will be apreciated by many and i can certainly use inv management qol of it brings it.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, zealex.9410 said:

They are related to jeweler, they play with multiple systems ingame from inventory stuff to combat and movement, idk this seems like the most impactful mastery in eod.

Sure, but only about as much as fishing and skiffs, which will also be usable throughout the game and play with multiple systems. This is why I said they'd seem underwhelming if you were hoping for something 'more' than fishing and skiffs. I consider the bot to be roughly on the same level as those things based on what I've seen.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I'm assuming waypoints become bot charging locations. They are already everywhere, no need to add anything.

I'm hoping this is an expanding mastery, like mounts were. New chapters will bring new modules.

But really, all we have are teasers at this point and the mastery is being dismissed? Reallllllllly?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From the trailer i can see that the bot gives quite a few enhancements. I like it ❤️ But whether those are enough or not, it's too early to tell now. Anyway, that video made me added and maxed Jewel Crafting to one of my toons, just in case 😀

I just hope that maxing the Mastery track is not going to be another long and super tedious grind. Please.

Edited by Mil.3562

37 minutes ago, Mil.3562 said:

From the trailer i can see that the bot gives quite a few enhancements. I like it ❤️ But whether those are enough or not, it's too early to tell now. Anyway, that video made me added and maxed Jewel Crafting to one of my toons, just in case 😀

I just hope that maxing the Mastery track is not going to be another long and super tedious grind. Please.

Well it need to be more in the hot mastery exp direction rather then pof or people will complain that there is nothing to work for in the expansion.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Tsakhi.8124 said:

Great, yet another I don't like/ feel underwhelmed by a feature that I haven't tested yet.

Pairs well with the various 'I love/am overjoyed with a feature that I haven't tested yet' threads, no? People are allowed to feel differently about things, and the forum is meant for the expression of that. You knew what this thread was when you chose to click it. If you're searching for a more positive discussion, perhaps you could start a positive thread in which to share your thoughts with like-minded players or visit one of these existing topics?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/107696-im-interested-in-learning-what-you-guys-are-looking-forward-to-most-in-end-of-dragons/#comments
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/107704-the-end-of-dragons-music-so-far/
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/107805-kaineng-city-of-griffons/?tab=comments
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/107384-jade-tech-mastery-speculations-and-discussion/#comments
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/107604-poll/?tab=comments

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

If Jade Bot will not have food\utility auto-consume\auto-renew, then there is no use for it.

While doing open world metas, most memorable thing is: food\utility usage every 30 mins.

That bot could have one slot for food and and one for utilities. On malnourished and diminished effect it will consume one portion of respective food\utility to renew the effect. If it won't. Bleh.

Edited by Aeon.4583
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1