Make wvw 1v1 not 2v1

Faccina.5091

So what happens when you go 1v1 and you're still outnumbered and losing? gonna come back and ask for 1v0 to ppt in peace?

Problem isn't there's three teams, problem is the motivation to attack a side, and currently it's whatever is easier.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Haha 3

the mode is meant to be played at least 20vx... 1v1 is a odd wish tbh

most fun fights are 40v60+ tbh. at smaller size players may hold u back, at bigger size its often unfair for enemy groups 😛

on even numbers 25v25 or higher are best. smaller scale fights are just taking so long, boring grind

• Confused 3

29 minutes ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

the mode is meant to be played at least 20vx... 1v1 is a odd wish tbh

most fun fights are 40v60+ tbh. at smaller size players may hold u back, at bigger size its often unfair for enemy groups 😛

on even numbers 25v25 or higher are best. smaller scale fights are just taking so long, boring grind

i meant one side vs  another >_>

time to time is 1 server vs 2 like blue kill at spawn exit while green get the keep

Actually three way is the better mode than a 2 way, I fear in a two way it might be even more off on numbers. Seen it happen before elsewhere. Double teams do happen and should if its 2&3 attacking 1, but it is annoying when its 1&2 beating on three. Its made even worse when defending takes further hits in viability. 

1vs1 wouldn't be any different. It would just be more stagnant. If Server A outnumbers B for 75% of the time of day, then that's exactly how the game will be the entire week.

With 1vs1vs1 at least it can shift around somewhat. Unfortunately not enough, but the main problem there isn't the 1vs1vs1, it's players. Players are lazy and will always pick the easiest thing to do to get their "reward" (Be it loot, participation, feeling of murdering other players, gank, troll, feeling of successful teamwork, or defending a keep/tower etc).

To improve this, ANet needs to make more incentive to defeating the leading server. I dunno, throw in a bonus to get bags and participation when fighting whichever server is leading. Perhaps the ravening hordes will finally notice they get participation faster when beating on the right enemy? But most likely there won't be too much of a difference even there, as a lot of people will take "easier but slightly slower rewards!".

14 hours ago, Faccina.5091 said:

i meant one side vs  another >_>

time to time is 1 server vs 2 like blue kill at spawn exit while green get the keep

oh. well, that's been the case since the first time i entered Wvw i guess

it's because many players are way too casual to seek a challenge, they only seek easy prey to keep their participation high. therefore, they just blob down and even "team up" with the other bigger enemy groups to focus down the "weaker" server (often number/activitywise, sometimes also server"political" issues... sometimes just random)

if all people would focus more on learning how to teamfight, those would be easy to avoid. most of the gank scenarios are just lacking cooperation - bc in own territory u have lots of hypothetical advantage to just gank everything. in reality, inexperienced solo rambos mass die tho, bc they cannot wait for more players and overestimate their own abilities

(or they fight at the wrong spots... like pew pew from walls is never the solution)

• Confused 1

Techincally, wvw is almost always 1v1, because the superblobs avoid each other.  So usually, per map, you will have just one blob taking everything ktrain style while another is on a different map doing the same.  That way at the end of their raid, they can talk about how much loot they earned by killing doors and outnumbered defenders.

• Like 1

thats only the nooby ktrain blobs @Ubi.4136

but ur right, those often talk pretty much more than they should. none of those has any serious killnumber on the end of the day and they wipe to any 25-30ish serious group with their 50+ randoms. usually those ppt blobmanders tag down after a few wipes also, or swap to an map where they expect to be able to ppt again without fights. :S

normally, blobs clash each other bc thats the only meaningful reason to bring a blob. ofc, the pve krtrainer blobs won't go for fights but look to gank rather... part of anets "balance", they are unkillable by too small groups these days, sadly. low dmg limits too low defender numbers hard. like, if i go full burst on them i get maybe 3 downs, but then a cc-wave stunlocks and kills me before even 1 of them would fully die.

that's why groupplay is the only way to kill things, even more than it ever was.

@Chaba.5410 idk, imo the border is extremly non important about that. like, your argument would basically see it as given that all maps are full, or nearly, and everywhere is content. sometimes groups just gather up, or the ppt groups actively avoiding each other, or EBG has another 40ish queue with those players afking on some other border... there's a lot of options

On 3/20/2022 at 6:12 PM, Faccina.5091 said:

It's the wole day that the blue protect the green when they capture stuff  even when reds are outnumbered

Its not only the split attack one server on a tower  the other on the other, there were both zerg in the same place attacking only the reds

It's a game of Bully-the-Weak because it's so difficult to communicate a truce or organise a double-team against the strong side. 

IMHO there should be automated incentives that kick in to both ease attacking the strong side and reward it. But nooooo, Anet don't want dynamic handicapping, so we have this shitshow instead. Yuk!

Edited by Svarty.8019
Clarity is the reason for edit this time.

On 3/20/2022 at 11:12 AM, Faccina.5091 said:

It's the wole day that the blue protect the green when they capture stuff  even when reds are outnumbered

Its not only the split attack one server on a tower  the other on the other, there were both zerg in the same place attacking only the reds

You need 1v1v1 or this kind of thing snowballs pretty bad (worse than it already has). The problem has always been they have not added incentives for 2nd/3rd to go after 1st place. 

16 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

@Chaba.5410 idk, imo the border is extremly non important about that. like, your argument would basically see it as given that all maps are full, or nearly, and everywhere is content. sometimes groups just gather up, or the ppt groups actively avoiding each other, or EBG has another 40ish queue with those players afking on some other border... there's a lot of options

Are you trying to say that if no maps are full then the two opposing servers are not supposed to be on your borderland?  I don't get your point.  So what if they have options?  It's a three-way competition.

The maps are designed with the intent that each server has a natural influence over a third of every map which leads to 2v1s or feeling like double-teamed.  Whether players play it that way or not doesn't really matter.  That doesn't become an argument for nerfing matches to two-way battles.  It becomes an argument for incentivizing the two smaller forces to team up against the stronger force, which others have mentioned.  That's the real purpose behind a three-way match and something this game doesn't do very well.  In a two-way match, the weaker force has zero chance to counter.  A third opponent acts as a relief valve for that.

On 3/20/2022 at 6:50 PM, Junkpile.7439 said:

It's annoying that some noob servers don't even know wvw rules and attack red map objectives. They wanna PvD so badly that they even play map where nobody wanna play because they know that nobody defend there.

I completelly agre with you but isnt game  working as intended? I'll assume, isnt gw2 for that kind of player anyway?

That's actually the behaviour of the larger part of "wvw players", you have several large guilds some can queue 2 maps that promote that mentality.

Edited by Aeolus.3615