10th Birthday is soon - can we get a special title to honor & highlight a full decade?

I am talking about the usual titles we get with our birthdays like Long-Term Commitment. I believe playing & supporting the game for 10 years should also also be rewarded with something special - how about a title similar to the Extra Life one just with the typical red Guild Wars 2 color instead of blue. I personally would very much appreciate it, it would indicate who was a day 1 supporter and it would be something to work towards for newer players by keep playing the game. The special enrichment we got for our 9th present was awesome, I hope we can follow up with something just as great for the 10th one

Edited by GuriGashi.5617
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

• GuriGashi.5617 changed the title to 10th Birthday is soon - can we get a special title to honor it?
1 minute ago, Xelqypla.6817 said:

I never liked exclusive stuff. "Hey, how do you get that?" "Wait 10 years."

Why not? It would be just a title.

It would have the same prestige/value (or lack thereof) as the Counter-Strike Veteran Coin -- just something to put on display in order to show off.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Xelqypla.6817 said:

I never liked exclusive stuff. "Hey, how do you get that?" "Wait 10 years."

Although it would be amusing to run around with the title "Geriatric" in red.

I mean what you say is very much objective - fact is ArenaNet will probably add something exclusive to the 10th Birthday present and it will for sure contain a title. Making it red to honor 10 years of support for the game doesn‘t seem like the most unfair or demanding request in the world to me.

Edited by GuriGashi.5617
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Why not?

Because I don't like people being excluded from something they might be interested in. "It's only a..." can be used for anything since it's only a game.

17 minutes ago, GuriGashi.5617 said:

I mean what you say is very much objective - fact is ArenaNet will probably add something exclusive to the 10th Birthday present and it will for sure contain a title like every year whether you like it or not. Making it red to honor 10 years of support for the game doesn‘t seem like the most unfair or demanding request in the world to me.

And whatever it is, I will use it. The birthday gifts have had plenty of exclusives so far and I fully expect more exclusive stuff in the 10th. I just hope they keep it to a minimum.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

• GuriGashi.5617 changed the title to 10th Birthday is soon - can we get a special title to honor & highlight a full decade?
1 hour ago, Haleydawn.3764 said:

I'd like it to be something quirky this year.

Maybe like a Birthday Suit Combat Tonic, with leaves to cover woohoo's. 😂

I just hope they add something that you can see immediately, because I quite enjoy seeing & meeting veterants of the game :v

A red title would be optimal in my eyes 😬

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

Since the old-fashioned traditional gift for a 10th anniversary was something made of tin, I propose a Tin Hat like the Tin Man's in The Wizard of Oz.  Or bring back the Celebration Hat!

the celebration hat would be cool for people who have nt been here as long as some , but would feel like a punishment for those of us who already have it and been here for the full 10 yrs  .Sorry just my thoughts

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Edit: An armor  for new and old players 

Where if you "sacrifice" x30 Green armor that has berserk stats , then permanently the armor can gain  Green-bersek stats  (but has also   AR  sockets) .

For the first 5 years it can only get up to Exotic Stats

Edit2: also each year , the set is evolved like Dragonball

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Confused 7

I'm not really fond of these birthday presents - mainly because exclusive cosmetic items are gated behind them. I'd really love to have Bubblegum for the pink class e.g., but nope... I have to settle with a rather weak alternative in Electro Pink. I also don't like the "supporting and playing the game for 10 years" argument. The rewards are tied to the date of character creation. That in itself has nothing to do with stuff like support or commitment. You can literally quit for 10 years after creating your account and still get these presents. I'd rather have decent ingame birthday events in which you can actively play for rewards.

I don't really like ANets marketing in general. Their haphazard way of using FOMO and substantial cosmetic rewards in obscure events is simply disappointing. Does anyone remember the clownfiesta with Kung Fu Tea? I never understood why letting people on ebay have fun with RMT by selling game codes for cosmetic items instead of enabling people to play for these items ingame.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Raizel.8175 said:

I'm not really fond of these birthday presents - mainly because exclusive cosmetic items are gated behind them. I'd really love to have Bubblegum for the pink class e.g., but nope... I have to settle with a rather weak alternative in Electro Pink. I also don't like the "supporting and playing the game for 10 years" argument. The rewards are tied to the date of character creation. That in itself has nothing to do with stuff like support or commitment. You can literally quit for 10 years after creating your account and still get these presents. I'd rather have decent ingame birthday events in which you can actively play for rewards.

I don't really like ANets marketing in general. Their haphazard way of using FOMO and substantial cosmetic rewards in obscure events is simply disappointing. Does anyone remember the clownfiesta with Kung Fu Tea? I never understood why letting people on ebay have fun with RMT by selling game codes for cosmetic items instead of enabling people to play for these items ingame.

The T-Shirt outfit from Kung Fu Tea is a "substantial cosmetic reward?" Haven't they been giving that away in different versions for years now?

13 minutes ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

GW2 is horrible with rewards, doubt we'll get anything special.

Yes, because free stuff is always horrible. I hate that Anet gives away armor skins, dyes like permafrost, statuettes, etc etc. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

The T-Shirt outfit from Kung Fu Tea is a "substantial cosmetic reward?" Haven't they been giving that away in different versions for years now?

Well, yes. At that point of time, it was. Else it wouldn't have totally wrecked KFTs IT infrastructure. It's also broad consensus that "fashion wars" is a major part of endgame content.

• Like 1