How would you describe HoT, PoF and EoD in one sentence/phrase?

I have elected to answer in Haiku form.

HoT:

OMG I'm Lost

Dying lots but having fun

Hate pocket raptors.

PoF

Mounts are just awesome

Trash mobs stun me all the time

Don't visit often.

EoD

The first map - stunning

Overall design - empty

To much busy work.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

HoT: All those airships we sent, they are wrecked.

PoF: I arrive by airship, your town is wrecked entirely by coincidence.

EoD: My dragon child found an entire fleet of interdimensional airships and you won't believe what happened next.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

This is why PoF has so much better rewards than HoT btw /s.

I'm not so much worried about the rewards. That was more about three things: Zones, story, and masteries.

Zones: Yes, HoT has some awesome zone-wide metas, but ... the zones themselves are rather a mess and when you combine that with the big metas, it actually makes it much less pleasant to just casually drop in and do things for a bit.

Story: HoT had a problem with some really bad character moments. (Smile for the camera, Eir!) PoF at least didn't have to fridge characters for shock value.

Masteries: When's the last time YOU cared about Exalted Acceptance? Itzel poison mastery? Nuhoch language mastery? And when's the last time you used a mount? PoF masteries were a HUGE step forward, but there's been some serious backsliding recently.

Edited by Palador.2170
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Palador.2170 said:

Zones: Yes, HoT has some awesome zone-wide metas, but ... the zones themselves are rather a mess and when you combine that with the big metas, it actually makes it much less pleasant to just casually drop in and do things for a bit.

I have to disagree. The Zones are some of the best designed zones in any MMO i've played. At first I think I had this opinion, but the more time I spend in them, the more I get it. It's meant to be confusing, claustrophobic and challenging, much like how you would imagine a writhing jungle to be. 

I'll be 100% honest in saying tangled depths was my worst zone in the entire game for a long time. But you spend some quality time there and slowly you start to appreciate the design and fully appreciating all those annoyances that make it one if not the most unique zones in the entire game. I think now it is my favourite zone in the whole game because I do get lost, I do get fearful and it's not just the same old where I think I know exactly where i'm going or what i'm doing. 

You say mess, I say ingenious level design choices. 😄

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hot: It's funny how the dragon of the mind, conveniently can't imagine creative ways to kill us as soon we invade his mind. Everything is lava? Nah... Better turn into a mini lizard while giving them power ups instead. 

Pof: How exactly joko managed to get out from the underworld?

EoD: Aurene can travel at the speed of light and move people around at will. Why didn't she just pull Gorrik out of the ship, or pull EVERY AETERBLADE out of their ships and drop them into the mist?

• Like 5
  • Sad 1