4th Expansion villain idea, yay or nay...

greedywholesome.9081

Then why didnt you suggest Tybalt? He's "dead"... even in the story you later get hunted by an unusally smart risen that seems familiar yet is a random enemy for some reason....

The expansion story can start with the player finding a single rotten apple in the bed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Just for fun

3rd expansion end at mist and Tyria connect or overlap

4th the Menzie release from prison or revive and back take over god of war after Balthazar dead.  The war between all star that dead and soul are back from mist. Game of thrones between god and mortal. And end theme might be one of dragon watch member sacrifice it self to seal Menzie or same role as Kermit. ( take power as new god , or purge the power ) . And unending theme. ( some power leak to evil or demon thing cause the rise of…….. 5th expax or gw3 >_<

• Confused 4

I suppose there is a power vacuum. 
Tyria had gods and dragons, does it have demons now that the big players have left the field? 
More invaders from outer space perhaps? (are Asura native, or did they immigrate like humans did?)

How about a 2nd human invasion? 

Or maybe we don't need another big bad?  Spectacle creep is a thing.  We can't keep going bigger every single time.  From the globe in the order of whisper's base; Tyria has much less water than earth. For the oceans to look as large as they do, our current world map must be a tiny fraction of the planet.  A new native danger?  Perhaps another feudal society of odd creatures?

I could go for some eldrich abominations.  Beings somewhere between the Karka and the Mursaat.

• Like 4

Faren pledges himself to Abaddon because he's done being such a loser, and tries to immitate Kormir's steps

Braham goes berzerk over Taimi's death (whenenever the desease jade plot armor wears down)

That monotone guy (forgot his name) thats about kaineng electricity / jade mechs reveals his master plan to take over

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

I have 3 engies, one asura, 2 charrs - all 3 play holo. Excuse my lore ignorance but when I did the personal story and solo'd HoT final chapter, I was still hopefull Zojja would wake up. 

There has been a bunch of player speculation, based on mentions of her in EoD, that Zojja has already woken up and is working on something important:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/114003-does-eod-imply-that-zojja-is-currently-missing/

In any case, I would also like to see her again, or at least have some kind of conclusion for her.

Edited by Poormany.4507
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Poormany.4507 said:

There has been a bunch of player speculation, based on mentions of her in EoD, that Zojja has already woken up and is working on something important:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/114003-does-eod-imply-that-zojja-is-currently-missing/

In any case, I would also like to see her again, or at least have some kind of conclusion for her.

Awesome thread! Thanks for sharing. If Zojja returns as an ally, then that's super. If she ends up as the villain, I'll just throw my body at her and have her way with it. Can't kill Zojja

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

New villain will most likely come either from the Mists or from one of the unknown civilizations that live in other continents and were further away from the influence of Elder Dragons. Probably some religious nutjobs and their zealots and they will summon something something demon that could destroy all of Tyria given the writers like to have character development in focus rather than worldbuilding (so worldbuilding would have to be very basic such as reimagining the White Mantle).

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 11:47 AM, greedywholesome.9081 said:

Zojja wakes up and becomes the ultimate nemesis. She's smart, cunning and familiar. 

I'm thinking Asura as well, but Glenna becoming a new raid boss. Not ironic btw. I'm ready for her to become a villain.

• Confused 1

No super villain?  Kinda like playing the core Tyria maps before you reach Orr?  It isn't a bad idea.  It would certainly reduce power creep.  Maybe just searching another continent for Taimi's cure?  More Krait and bandits sure.  Maybe we get stupidly involved in local politics and make a glorious mess of the local power balance.  We get to bumble around and break things as we try to fix them.  

We aren't the main character after all, the game doesn't have to be a boring power fantasy. 

• Like 3

On 5/17/2022 at 12:25 PM, greedywholesome.9081 said:

Ok Ok my idea sucks. Maybe I  just miss Zojja. 

On the contrary, Felicia Day as a supervillian is an excellent idea. One of the five racial mentors turning evil has great potential. It would be difficult to deliver that story in a believable way but, if they could pull it off, would be epic.

Eh, I think it's possible to have Zojja become an antagonist of some sort, at least, especially if she's causing headaches for the remainder of Destiny's Edge and the Commander. I'd imagine she'd be pretty vengeful with how the dissolution of DE went when she catches wind of it.

To me, that's more believable than having her become a villain.

Mind you, I also miss Zojja. However, I currently have zero confidence in Anet bringing her back in a way that's believable to her character. Having her stay missing at least lets the players who do care about her headcanon whatever they want her status to be.

On 5/17/2022 at 11:47 AM, greedywholesome.9081 said:

Zojja wakes up and becomes the ultimate nemesis. She's smart, cunning and familiar.

And then she will go construct terrible machines that will wreak havoc across Tyria. Yes, that would fit perfectly into a jade-powered high-tech new world, with tons of bots, mechs and even more toxic neon green!

... excuse me, I think I'm going to be sick. 🤢

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

9 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

And then she will go construct terrible machines that will wreak havoc across Tyria. Yes, that would fit perfectly into a jade-powered high-tech new world, with tons of bots, mechs and even more toxic neon green!

... excuse me, I think I'm going to be sick. 🤢

Actually, since they sorta skipped over amber tech, Let her use that.  Yellow orange is a more bearable color for me.  Besides I am also tired of Fluorescent green, fire, and ice themes.

Allowing a competent villain to use bloodstone could be nice, red/purple/pink isn't a bad color theme.