What will EoD be remembered for?

I'm not even in the US, main issues here are different, so sometimes even just going around these areas feels like Twitter or something like that. Sometimes I stop to listen to what random npcs say because some dialogs are fun and they make it look like npcs aren't just characters idly standing there. Surprise how 2 girls are talking in Brotherhood's Watch in DE when I walk nearby, stop to listen... and it's about how the name "Brotherhood" isn't inclusive. Inclusion and diversity, stuff belonging to the modern politics especially in the US, not a fantasy setting. I wouldn't mind if they chose names with that in mind, like the "Union" name one of the girls suggests, but making it a "sexist" name to then virtue signaling about it doesn't make me feel like I'm in a different world.

And about the topic, I'll just remember it about fishing, what I'm using to make profit while chilling nowadays, and of course, the DE meta big drama. It might have sold more than the others or whatever, but to me it's at the bottom of my like list.

• Like 15
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

On 6/8/2022 at 5:30 AM, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

Genuinely my only real problem with the story was it felt rushed and the intro to Cantha felt a bit awkward like we were a tourist or something, I enjoyed everything beyond that point though and found the characters mostly likable. Everyone getting all twisted up by muh politics in videogames and I just don't care about any of that so I was able to enjoy it. 

Yeah the story could have been bit longer especially at the end of it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I will echo the story at times feels as if it was written by a teenage girl.

The 'wokeness' was odd in certain ways, too - most notable the Heart quest where you can choose to be feminine, masculine, or 'neither' in appearance - and the character is masked regardless. Like... come on. 🙄

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, pallas.8150 said:

I will echo the story at times feels as if it was written by a teenage girl.

The 'wokeness' was odd in certain ways, too - most notable the Heart quest where you can choose to be feminine, masculine, or 'neither' in appearance - and the character is masked regardless. Like... come on. 🙄

That was out of place for me as well, but i've never had to have someone question who I was, so if it can make others feel more comfortable with who they are, then I'm all for it. At most it was a slight 'huh'? for me, but it might be a big deal for someone else.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

33 minutes ago, DexterousGecko.6328 said:

That was out of place for me as well, but i've never had to have someone question who I was, so if it can make others feel more comfortable with who they are, then I'm all for it. At most it was a slight 'huh'? for me, but it might be a big deal for someone else.

Yeah the world is burning because of big dragons but first u have to find out which gender you are. 🤣 It was so heavy out of place + forced .

Edited by Yunari.9065
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Just now, Yunari.9065 said:

Yeah the world is burning because of big dragons but first u have to find out which gender you are. 🤣

Well that's a good summary of USA politics to the rest of us from outside world I guess. I would not mention it here but I am already sick of it. It is now in all multimedia. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

It's a bit sad really...

I maxed my masteries in EoD, and got all the achievements I wanted. Since then I spend 5 minutes per week in Cantha to buy the Antique Summoning Stones and that's it. 

Don't care for the rested buff
Don't care for the meta,s
Don't care for the events, the hearts, etc. 

We all know where I stole this from: "Not worth my time" 

Lack of content in the maps. Enemies that are OP that roaming around there solo, means run away from most event. 
No adventures... (SERIOUSLY???) 2 hearts in Echovald that are copy/paste and take WAY too long to fill. Time gated achievement, or achievements hidden behind succesful meta's that nobody wants to do because of low succes rate and extremely low rewards.

Heck while leveling, I was better off running around gathering nodes with boosters, than doing events in all but Dragon's End maps... Trust me I tested and calculated it... xp per minute... gathering nodes levels you about 45% faster than doing events... And that... is bad, really really bad.

Have what I need, back to the fun maps... maybe do some griffon adventures, beetle races, that can be find in most maps except EoD. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

hot: gliding changed how i approached and played the game.

pof: mounts changed how i approached and played the game.

eod: hasn't changed a thing. all these features like skiff, fishing, turtle, and jade bot could be removed and it wouldn't matter to me one bit. now take away gliding or mounts? heck no!

i really hope the next expansion brings innovation like the first two did b/c this one sure didn't.

😞

Edited by fixit.7189
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, fixit.7189 said:

eod: hasn't changed a thing. all these features like skiff, fishing, turtle, and jade bot could be removed and it wouldn't matter to me one bit. now take away gliding or mounts? heck no!

i really hope the next expansion brings innovation like the first two did b/c this one sure didn't.

😞

Essentially, the only true thing added to open world was fishing. We paid for a fishing expansion. We paid for something other games get for free in updates :). 

13 hours ago, Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

It's a bit sad really...

I maxed my masteries in EoD, and got all the achievements I wanted. Since then I spend 5 minutes per week in Cantha to buy the Antique Summoning Stones and that's it. 

Don't care for the rested buff
Don't care for the meta,s
Don't care for the events, the hearts, etc. 

We all know where I stole this from: "Not worth my time" 

Lack of content in the maps. Enemies that are OP that roaming around there solo, means run away from most event. 
No adventures... (SERIOUSLY???) 2 hearts in Echovald that are copy/paste and take WAY too long to fill. Time gated achievement, or achievements hidden behind succesful meta's that nobody wants to do because of low succes rate and extremely low rewards.

Heck while leveling, I was better off running around gathering nodes with boosters, than doing events in all but Dragon's End maps... Trust me I tested and calculated it... xp per minute... gathering nodes levels you about 45% faster than doing events... And that... is bad, really really bad.

Have what I need, back to the fun maps... maybe do some griffon adventures, beetle races, that can be find in most maps except EoD. 

I still say they really really need to add adventures into Kaineng city. Why they didn't is confusing. They have water races, air races already basically setup. Elevation and water ways and ground coverage. It could make for some great fun... if they cared about fun this expansion that is. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, fixit.7189 said:

😞

the problem is... what else can they add?

Flying/gliding... in the game.

mounts.... in the game.

boats..... in the game.

what else is there?

mountable giant moles that can dig underground!?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 6

GW2 has always had 80's adventure cartoon writing for most of its story. Not a problem really as I can usually stop thinking too much about the details and focus on the gee whiz visuals and action. EoD felt like ANet has decided that cartoonish was too much for its playerbase and downgraded its writing to written by and aimed at 8 year olds. Kind of hard to ignore that without just ignoring the expac.

So, to me, the answer to the title question is, for the most part, "it won't be."

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

How once a great game fell so hard. Forced reallife politics. Worst story - canthans rather worry about their about their miner political issues than the dragon which gave them all cool tech, soo wan literally disappeared probably turned evil but no one is taking it seriously. This is my first ever prepurchase done to a game, and it went so disappointing. Its also an expansion you wouldn't miss much if you didn't buy it (unlike hot-gliding, PoF-mounts). Sad to see how American entertainment is dying. Welp I said too much hope my comment doesn't get "1984"ed.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/10/2022 at 4:14 PM, Sahne.6950 said:

what else is there?

Housing is one thing and they could've made fishing more than just for achievements, like group of people trying to fish the king fish or something, even they could've introduced skiff races or skiff-housing. 

Other than that, they could've reintroduced water based events, combat, etc. Since soo won is sort of a water based dragon. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'll remember it for finally driving me away and reducing my playing time substantially, and for the 1st time, making me regret purchasing a GW (1 and 2) expansion. Forcing myself just to log in for dailys now (and they even messed daily listings in the UI as well with a recent patch). I would think I am not the only one.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

Housing is one thing and they could've made fishing more than just for achievements, like group of people trying to fish the king fish or something, even they could've introduced skiff races or skiff-housing. 

Other than that, they could've reintroduced water based events, combat, etc. Since soo won is sort of a water based dragon. 

i believe guildhalls are their vision of housing.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 2

On 6/9/2022 at 9:57 PM, DexterousGecko.6328 said:

not for the combat tutorial that's for sure, or maybe it will be, with how bad it was. I'm still not sure wtf they were talking about with surface effects and stuff. That said, I'm a terrible player lol, so maybe it was something important.

If you played GW1, there was a much better combat tutorial in Shing Jea Monastery that they should have used as a template.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

This is my first ever prepurchase done to a game, and it went so disappointing. 

I've only every prepurchased two games. Core GW2 and EoD.

The first far exceeded my expectations.

EoD entertained me for about six weeks or so. I'm currently still using Arborstone as a lounge, and a few EoD elite specs, but don't see much reason to go back to the zones.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2