Is it just me, or is this innuendo?

There is a part of ambient dialogue between Ranoah Grindsteel and Vishen Steelshot in Drizzlewood.

Do I have a dirty mind when I saw this, or was the dev inserting a bit of innuendo?  Either way, I found it hilarious.  Dunno if it was just because it was really late at night and my mind was fried.

Ranoah Grindsteel:  Tank vibrations are making the locals restless.

Vishen Steelshot:  They certainly keep me up at night.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 4

9 minutes ago, costepj.5120 said:

Repeat after me ... there is no innuendo in GW2.

Aurene: I feel it, Champion.

Aurene: One last push.

Aurene: There's too much— This power, it's so wild.

<Champion>: I'm coming! Hold on, Aurene!

Crecia Stoneglow: No. We can't stop now, not for anything!

That's the one that always makes me face palm. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Can't beat Snargle Goldclaw for innuendo:

"Have you ever gotten to tour the forest since arriving?

Snargle Goldclaw: I have⁠—and I must admit, it is a great disappointment. I'd been led to expect it'd been petrified!  I suppose it's better that it's a thriving ecosystem once again... But certainly the sight of so many ancient trees hardened to shafts of stone, thrusting into the sky above... "
Edited by Witch of Doom.5739
clarity
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Considering there's this line from vishen too:

Malice Swordshadow: Surrender now, Steelshot. I won't ask again.

Vishen Steelshot: Oooh, empty threats? Kinky.

It probably is innuendo.

Now watch the one important word in this example get auto-censored into kitten lol. I'm betting it will. Edit: Wow, it didn't. I'm honestly surprised.

Edited by Labjax.2465
  • Like 1

You know there is a whole dialog in Umbral Grotto dedicated to unrequited love, and complete unawareness of it. If you stick around and let it play out its funny.

Spoilers!!!!

Ash Legion Scout: She doesn't even notice me! I'm putting out all the signals. Eye contact, positive body language...
Flame Legion Bladestorm: Have you tried, I don't know, talking to her?
Ash Legion Scout: There was one time in the canteen I asked her to pass the mashed liver.
Flame Legion Bladestorm: Wow, look out ladies, we've got a real smooth operator on our hands.
Ash Legion Scout: Oh, shut up.
Blood Legion Duelist: He keeps staring at me. Seriously, everywhere I go, he's there. It's really creeping me out.
Seraph Archer: Oh my gods. You think he's a double agent?
Blood Legion Duelist: That's what I said! He might be collecting intel for Dominion.
Seraph Archer: We should keep an eye on him. Who knows what kind of info he's got on us already.
Blood Legion Duelist: Spy on the spy. I like it.
Ash Legion Scout: She called me a Dominion double agent!
Flame Legion Bladestorm: You were watching her brush her teeth.
Ash Legion Scout: I was curious about her fangs! Now everyone thinks I'm sketchy and weird.
Flame Legion Bladestorm: Everyone thought that already.
Ash Legion Scout: Wait, really?
Blood Legion Duelist: Turns out, he wasn't a spy. Just your run-of-the-mill perv.
Seraph Archer: Ugh. I thought for sure we were onto something.
Blood Legion Duelist: Well, at least I don't have to worry about him hovering around anymore.
Seraph Archer: True. Who watches someone brush their teeth? (voice line says: "True. I mean, who watches someone brush their teeth?")
Blood Legion Duelist: I know, right?
Edited by Tiviana.2650
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, costepj.5120 said:

Repeat after me ... there is no innuendo in GW2.

Aurene: I feel it, Champion.

Aurene: One last push.

Aurene: There's too much— This power, it's so wild.

<Champion>: I'm coming! Hold on, Aurene!

Crecia Stoneglow: No. We can't stop now, not for anything!

Woah there. My pants can only get so tight.

• Haha 1

If it's innuendo it's pretty tame. No way to tell on specific dialogue, but it could be and it might not. It's easy to say the wrong thing without realizing it. Innuendo is also easy.  However you take it is what it is.  Because there's no way we'll ever know for sure.

• Thanks 1

Pretty sure even the Asura have done lewd innuendos, but often disguised as clever talk.

I still remember that Asura talking about rocks or so, which prompts another to go "I love when you talk dirt to me."

(Because I was nowhere close at the time, I swear first time it played, I thought she said "I love when you talk dirty to me", as in she thought a specific smart talk was lewd.)

I think she's just weird as a character, so this is probably a innuendo, I'll post some of her quotes below from the wiki, I can confirm most of these as being real too:

During the attack on Leedfoot village (during the last set of camp assaults in South Drizzlewood)
"I love visitors. Can I offer you some bullets to the face?"

"Join Dominion and I'll only graze you. Promise! Just an itty-bitty flesh wound"

Malice: Surrender now, Steelshot. I won't ask again.

Vishen: Oooh, empty threats? Kinky.

During the final assault on the bridge: 

Commander: Look around! You're killing your own. You don't want this, I know you don't!

Vishen Steelshot: The great Pact Commander. Have we met? Don't care! Let me introduce you to my ammo.

(Male Charr VA for the line does a great delivery, I vividly remember it)

"Dear Diary: today I took down a few imperators and ate some dolyak. The dolyak was tough."

I think you get the point, there's other lines from her but I think we can all infer that she's a bit weird and maybe just a little bit pervy. So yes, that line is 100% a innuendo 

Also if Reddit was a thing in Tyria (thank kitten its not) I'd be willing to bet quite a bit of gold that she uses it often.

Edited by SamuelW.2685

There is one innuendo that is basically as old as the game itself. It exists since vanilla, probably since the betas. Compared to what was listed here, it is a little more scabrous. 

All you have to do is spend some time in Divinity's Reach (human city) with your game sounds active. If you listen carefully, you will eventually notice a woman having a lot of fun in one of the alleys. It gets more intense over time. 

Found it a long long time ago. Not many records exist, wiki does not list it either. All the people I told this, did not know it. If you happen to know this already, please react with a laugh-emoji.

Sure the game is Pegi12, but even TV shows (especially cartoons) are full of adult-content. Well hidden for kids though ^^.

Edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870
  • Haha 2