Can we get cat paws and maybe a tail skin?

asterix.9614

I'd totally buy a back piece that gives my human a Charr or Demon tail. 😛 It'd match my Shrine Guardian Ears.

49 minutes ago, Duglaive.5236 said:

I'm just never going to understand the appeal of stuff like this ... And there are games out there - including MMOS - which have playable races that would have this already built in.

So with all that said, I hope Anet applies the resources elsewhere. Sorry 🙁

Wouldn't even be difficult or out of the ordinary compared to things we already have here for back pieces and nah, not many human-faced tail people in MMOs other than FFXIV, (which makes serious bank off it).

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

If this was base gw2, I'd say it wouldn't fit the aesthetic. Nowadays, we have cat ears, elf ears, plushie mounts, and can cosplay as christmas trees. So, why not?

For charr who already have a tail, it could be an opportunity to change the aesthetics of said tail.

Edited by Westenev.5289
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I like the idea of being able to add a fake tail to my human character, but only because it would allow me to recreate a very weird free-form role-playing character from many years ago, which hasn't been possible in any game since City of Heroes. But to do that I'd want to wear it at the same time as the bat wings (like I said, very weird character) so a back item wouldn't work. The only way I can see it working is trousers with a tail attached (which is how many real-life Halloween costumes do it, but likely wouldn't be the style of trousers I'd want) or maybe an infusion or something.

Most likely it'd be a back item and so useless to me.

2 hours ago, Westenev.5289 said:

For charr who already have a tail, it could be an opportunity to change the aesthetics of said tail.

I wouldn't count on it. The cat ears and dragon/skyscale horns are in addition to their existing ears and horns, not a replacement.

4 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I wouldn't count on it. The cat ears and dragon/skyscale horns are in addition to their existing ears and horns, not a replacement.

I think the cat ears fad is more around the cat ears headband, rather than having actual cat ears, so I think that's a pass.

Is a fake tail any different? I'll leave that for smarter people to decide.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

Please no, this game has already taken far too many steps towards generic Korean MMO when it comes to cosmetics in my opinion

Overexaggerating. Go take one walk into BDO then come back to me and say that again. GW2 doesn't even come remotely close to the bull that FF and BDO has. If anything GW2 is BARELY scraping the surface. Now, don't take this as me agreeing with OP, but people just seem to really REALLY try to make a stretch that GW2 is suddenly become a p2w, vertical grind, monstrosity of its former self. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

3 hours ago, Dreams.3128 said:

Overexaggerating. Go take one walk into BDO then come back to me and say that again. GW2 doesn't even come remotely close to the bull that FF and BDO has. If anything GW2 is BARELY scraping the surface. Now, don't take this as me agreeing with OP, but people just seem to really REALLY try to make a stretch that GW2 is suddenly become a p2w, vertical grind, monstrosity of its former self. 

It's not over exaggerating - I have stated that it's my opinion that too many cosmetics look like they belong in a difference universe. Other games being more egregious is irrelevant. And I'm talking about cosmetics and aesthetic consistency, not P2W or other things that people claim. Yes, since launch, GW2 has had cosmetics that make you question why they would exist in the world, but at a certain point I think it's too much.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3