Mesmer Feb 3 preview

Infusion.7149

Mantra rework (kind of revert)

--- now have cast time

• Mantra of Recovery - heal and heal other people a lesser amount
  • Mantra of concentration - boons to yourself and allies
  • Mantra of Distraction - reduce recharge time of diversion
  • Mantra of Pain - might to you and allies (RIP)
  • Mantra of resoolve - remove all conditions from yourself and less from other people

Shield usability improvement

Chrono Might update

Master of Manipulation - trait no longer reduces manipulation cooldowns , grants ageis instead of superspeed

• Mirror - (PVE)  12s cooldown , pVP/WVW 15s cooldown
  • Mimic -  Cooldown 20s
  • Mass invis - PVE 48s cooldown, PVP/WVW 60s CD
  • Time Warp - now superspeed allies and chill enemies, PVP/WVW cooldown dropped to 75s
  • Decoy PVP/WVW - 40s cooldown
  • Mirror Images PVP/WVW - 30s cooldown
  • Egotism - 10% damage bonus in PVP/WVW
  • Protected Phantasms - replaced by Temporal Enchanter , glamors grant superspeed + resistsance , increases glamors by 1s duration

Chrono/Virt

• Echo of Memory/Deja Vu - immediate summon of phantasm ; spawns even if no block
  • Tides of Time - catching wave will recharge skill after exiting continuum shift , (PVE) increased might stack to 8
  • Well of Action - might and fury on final pulse and not just superspeed   <-- still backloaded...
  • Well of Senility - now dazes
  • Psychic Ripooste - fix unblockable not working

(will update as it goes)

See

in case I missed anything or if my compressed wording is confusing

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

They are just pushing toward bunker gameplay with aoe support. And pushing aside skillful outplay gameplay with high rush adrenaline playmaking for slower dense thinking gaming. Time to leave the game. Again. Cause no one likes to play vs bunkers and tanks. Games in pvp don’t end. Fights never end. And pushes towards a condi meta since this does well vs bunker. Of all the things to push, they’re pushing a dull meta. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

They removed the cast times for a kittening reason. The reasoning for bringing it back shows how out of touch with the game these people are. It was just as unfun too constantly have to recast these on Mesmers every time you mounted, or changed maps etc as it was on Guardian and some kitten effects on cast won't suddenly make them fun just like it didn't before you fixed them.

Holy kitten bring the old dev team back. I'd take 50k afk Mech benchmarks over these 'devs' who actively hate people having fun with the game.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Sigh…this could’ve been sent in an email. Not impressed at all.

They seriously want to ship changes/reverts that could have easily been in a regular patch? Additionally, we’ve been hyper vocal about Mirage changes and where are they? No where in sight.

What is wrong with them? I honestly want to know because it’s really baffling how out of touch they are with the community. If they’re gonna deliver lack lustre changes like these, ship them in regular patches along with your bug fixes etc…. Don’t bother trying to give players something to look forward to if you can’t even deliver anything good.

Edited by Tseison.4659
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Levetty.1279 said:

They removed the cast times for a kittening reason. The reasoning for bringing it back shows how out of touch with the game these people are. It was just as unfun too constantly have to recast these on Mesmers every time you mounted, or changed maps etc as it was on Guardian and some kitten effects on cast won't suddenly make them fun just like it didn't before you fixed them.

Holy kitten bring the old dev team back. I'd take 50k afk Mech benchmarks over these 'devs' who actively hate people having fun with the game.

No I feel that frustration too. Instead of keeping the flow of gameplay moving they’ve slowed it down. Yay  

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Levetty.1279 said:

It's also still laughable that they admitted the backended nature of Chorno wells doesn't work but refuse to do anything about it.

Yeah I'm sure my party will stand still and die just for a few might stacks instead of just bringing any other support.

Atleast with necro or ele their aoe is instant as far as the effects go. Staff water 5. Necro staff. Wells. Etc mesmer wells take time for boons and it’s not always optimal to stand in one spot. Especially in a WvW setting. So you’re forcing bunker gameplay. But it ultimately pushes condi.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I don't like the changes to the manipulation and glamour traits. Should've kept manipulation trait as it is and the new glamour trait to give aegis.
This way when going inspi you could have an aegis line.
And keeping the superspeed in manipulation keeps the speedy build for skipping in PvE.

Edited by Ithamir.5928
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Levetty.1279 said:

I'm pretty sure they made these changes both times because of Guardians, not Mesmers.  The way they talked about this in the stream they name checked Guardian QoL not Mesmer, and kept referring to the Guardian Mantras while talking about the Mesmer ones.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Wells: Still garbage to use as no-one stays in them to the final pulse.
I can see chaos condi chrono becoming a thing in WvW with defender runes now you can get aegis from master of manipulation.
Mantra of pain: Stays as the most uninspiring mantra in the game, yay continued power spike spam.
Mantra of distration: They literally spent half the stream talking about how cool down traits made balancing stuff hard and then they revert this which enabled the CC spam that got CI nerfed 🤦‍♂️
Timewarp is going to be omega complained about now applying slow and chill while being as big as foefire mid node.
Bug fix, mirror images and decoy cool down reduction is about the only good thing.
Where's the blink cool down reduction? At least put it back to the 30s it was originally!
No mention of mirage at all, what a joke.

Who knows maybe mirage will get a buff in the Christmas patch now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, apharma.3741 said:

Timewarp is going to be omega complained about now applying slow and chill while being as big as foefire mid node.

I mean thematically the chill is a nice addition to time warp, but in a WvW situation where cleanses and condo removals are so high, I doubt it would pose as a problem 🤷‍♀️ the cd reduction is appreciated though I guess.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

I'm pretty sure they made these changes both times because of Guardians, not Mesmers.  The way they talked about this in the stream they name checked Guardian QoL not Mesmer, and kept referring to the Guardian Mantras while talking about the Mesmer ones.

This, 100% this. Please for the love of god leave Mesmer mantras as they are now. I coudn't care less what they do to Guardian mantras nor can I judge wether this makes sense for them, but please leave us Mesmers out of it.

Edited by ascii.1369
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tseison.4659 said:

I mean thematically the chill is a nice addition to time warp, but in a WvW situation where cleanses and condo removals are so high, I doubt it would pose as a problem 🤷‍♀️ the cd reduction is appreciated though I guess.

Oh yeah it's nice but is this a case of "when is a gift not a gift" from Dune.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

> Master of Manipulation: This trait no longer reduces the recharge of manipulation skills, and it now grants aegis to nearby allies instead of superspeed.

> Protected Phantasms: This trait has been replaced by Temporal Enchanter. Temporal Enchanter causes glamour skills to grant superspeed and resistance to allies in the area and increases glamour durations by 1 second.

I have trouble placing these changes, i don't get why a stationary AoE glamours should give superspeed while the more instant cast skills of manipulation now give aegis. When i want to escape with blink or mass-invis superspeed is nice, when bunkering down with some stationary glamour skill i probably want aegis. 😕

Also master of manipulation now competes with method of madness for providing aegis (k, method of madness is random).

On a brighter note, cooldowns and chrono changes seem nice. Also got more changes then the last few balance patches combined so stuff is happening.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Previous chaos vortex alacrity/might distribution to clones totally shafted last functional cele mirage in wvw (alacrity only saving grace since deception cooldown destruction, one dodge, axe cooldown).

Now blink losing cooldown reduction on MoM, together with one dodge...

Thanks for giving a clear bottom line, at least now I know to only farm aurene legendaries and fashion wars - whatever else, the art is still enjoyable.

Oh and would it have taken all of 5 seconds to reduce torch phantasm cooldown to 25s? There is zero reason it should be on 30s. Why does it take 1 year to do these small things, or is there a limited number of changes that you can make each patch?

Edit - of course no need to mention power mirage because that's simply dead outside of gs ambush spam tagging in a zerg.

Edited by Curunen.8729
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tseison.4659 said:

Sigh…this could’ve been sent in an email. Not impressed at all.

They seriously want to ship changes/reverts that could have easily been in a regular patch? Additionally, we’ve been hyper vocal about Mirage changes and where are they? No where in sight.

What is wrong with them? I honestly want to know because it’s really baffling how out of touch they are with the community. If they’re gonna deliver lack lustre changes like these, ship them in regular patches along with your bug fixes etc…. Don’t bother trying to give players something to look forward to if you can’t even deliver anything good.

We got alot of buffs, just no second dodge back. 

Im also willing to bet if they did return it we would see Ambush nerfs and I'm sure you would not be happy with that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 14

2 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

We got alot of buffs, just no second dodge back. 

Im also willing to bet if they did return it we would see Ambush nerfs and I'm sure you would not be happy with that. 

No, "we" got reversions of nerfs that happened for no good reason and the same removal of CDR traits that are happening to everyone.

These are the actual buffs:
Time Warp - now superspeed allies and chill enemies, PVP/WVW cooldown dropped to 75s
Egotism - 10% damage bonus in PVP/WVW

Echo of Memory/Deja Vu - immediate summon of phantasm ; spawns even if no block

Tides of Time - catching wave will recharge skill after exiting continuum shift , (PVE) increased might stack to 8

Well of Action - might and fury on final pulse and not just superspeed   <-- still backloaded...

Well of Senility - now dazes

Oh and Blink got shadow nerfed and I'm very concerned mantra of distraction and time warp are going to be used as justification for nerfs later to diversion and probably glamours in general.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

To give a bit more comprehensive feedback:

First things first, where the kitten is our second dodge. Given the power creep that happened since mirage was released I doubt giving the scond dodge back would make mirage op by any means. It might be on the stronger side, but so what? Catalyst would still crush it with ease.

When it comes to mantras, please for the love of god don't punish us because there is something wrong with Guardian mantras.

For PvP/WvW the changes to Mirror and Master of Manipulation could actually be nice. The healing per minute of Mirror would be pretty good compared to other heals. And getting aegis for every heal and every blink is kind of nice. I don't really get why they felt it necessary to remove super speed, given how pretty much every class outruns Mesmer in PvP/WvW, but I would take a cd reduction to blink instead.

Inspiration/glamour changes are kind of meh. Don't think they'll see any more use in PvP/WvW, just can't compete with more usefull abilities.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2