Artisan Zharra's Cape And Hood Combo Feedback

53 minutes ago, Kehlian.4380 said:

It's clearly not a lore-breaking cat suit, but it's still plain and removes hairs... At that price, we would expect more

I don’t find it “plain” and you guys pick the one helmet that looks fine with no hair to talk about the issue of hairless helms?! (It looks inspired by nun and Muslim scarves, where hair is supposed to be covered.) Just what I’d expect from you guys…

Edited by lezbefriends.7516
  • Confused 11

50 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

Yeah...that's why I said, in the latter half of my post, that I didn't notice it being a big deal with this hood.

I got that, but to me it is is all I am saying. 😉

Hopefully, one day, when they've updated their developer tools, they will be able to preserve the visible parts of one's hair (sideburns, bangs etc.).

51 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

In any case - I do like the simple design of the cape.

Me, too. That's why I think it's a pity one is rendered "hairless" with it. 😄

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

They can do hair with some hats/hoods. Since they started doing that with some of the EoD hats and the cat ear hood, I figured that was the new normal. Guess I was wrong.

I was so wrong, in fact, that I didn't even check the preview to confirm hair or not. I just did some gold to gem conversion and got it, and regret it deeply.

I understand not going back and adding hair to all the old baldness-inducing hats. But releasing a new hair-eating hat when they've already released hair-friendly ones? Bad call.

I encourage you to ask for a refund if you can. For some reason for me, the price didn't click initially and I deeply regretted the purchase. I asked for a full refund and asked them to forward my feedback to the dev team. I was told to bring feedback to the forums - and here I am.

Asking for a refund, at least, will send a message as well.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Shiina.4192 said:

They are testing a new price cap for capes and potentially other accessories. If this sells well, the cap will most likely increase.

Let's hope this ain't the case. While I look forward to any upgrades engine-wise, I am also lamenting the lack of (good) new playable content.

If we will keep getting less quantity with less quality, and on top of that will have to pay more for Gem Store items, then I don't see a bright future for this game. Sure, new players still have content that will keep them busy for years, but veteran players do not.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

6 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

(It looks inspired by nun and Muslim scarves, where hair is supposed to be covered.)

I thought of this as well. It would just be nice if, even if there wasn't a hint of hair, there was such a scarf or something under the hood. As it is, the hairline is just too far back and the baldness feels too apparent.

Edited by voltaicbore.8012
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

It looks inspired by nun and Muslim scarves, where hair is supposed to be covered.

:classic_blink: They look nothing alike. This hood is wide, with ears and forehead visible under the fabric. If anything, you could compare it to a medieval monk's robe's hood, though to me it looks really more "fantasy mage-style".

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

11 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

The price is higher because the quality is amazing, it’s not some stupid throwaway catsuit.

I'll just mention how the Forest Scout Cape is part of a 600 gem bundle made up of another cape and a quiver, and the Lion Captain's Cape is a straight up free and easy to get cape. Both options rivaling the quality of this.

If it's worth 400 gems more than a combo of 2 capes and a quiver then the cape should not only look better, but the hood shouldn't take my hair away.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

The cat ear hood doesn't show our character's actual hair, it has a dye-able hair substitute. The swaggering hat does the same.  It is odd that they didn't attach a hair substitute to this hood, and give the "hair" its own dye slot.

Yes and it's the perfect low effort solution. Too bad they took even lower effort to make it and anything else that regard. (head slot wise)

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I was initially very interested to see a cape that had a separate dye channel for the inner lining, but the price is outrageous. No hair with the hood is downright silly. It's nice to have that customization option, as well as tail physics and ears/horns through the hood, but there's no way it's worth such a price hike to me. If there's more 'artisan' items that are at a higher price, I don't care how they look, I'm avoiding them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Zharra Embermane, aka Chelsea Mills, Senior Artist at Anet

Really? That's interesting. It's also something of a shame, because some of my absolute favorite designs in this game are from her hand. Her stuff really is S-tier good. I'm really hoping we can get the hair treatment that a number of the EoD hats already possess, so as to fix (what I think we rightly are calling a blemish) on Chelsea's work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

Really? That's interesting. It's also something of a shame, because some of my absolute favorite designs in this game are from her hand. Her stuff really is S-tier good. I'm really hoping we can get the hair treatment that a number of the EoD hats already possess, so as to fix (what I think we rightly are calling a blemish) on Chelsea's work. 

Does Chelsea's job involve creating the in-game models and tinkering with the characters' body interactions as well?
Because a while back I met a man claiming to be responsible for handling weapon models - whom I simply had to ask whether nobody at ANet has ever held a tool in their life, judging by the grip of most swords - and he said that those particulars are completely outside of his jurisdiction as a designer.
Might very well not be her name signed under the reprise of this decade-old tragedy.

However, as I'm reading, she is responsible for the antediluvian atrocity that is The Dreamer...
But also for my beloved Pharus and Nevermore, Archdemon Wings, Ipos, Claw of the Khan-Ur...
...What a twisted life form - artist.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Frostfang.5109 said:

It moves with charr tails (instead of clippingvthrough) and charr lower horns ans ears has been conciderated! Thats good quality to me! If they add other things with the same ammount of quality I'd gladly pay more for it!

It looks really nice on charr, love the flow, for once it looks good on the head.  Sorry for any other races that lost their hair.  

Now that I think about it: there have been several posts in this forum over the years bemoaning the fact that most fashion skins are tailored to human characters.  Other races often seem to be an afterthought. 

I wonder if this hood and cloak were made for charr specifically, and other races were an afterthought.  Frostfang.5109s observation suggests this.

I guess for once, I get to know how charr mains feel all of the time.

It is a pity they have to pay more though.

• Like 4

Nah, the hood is behaving in the same atrocious manner on anybody, including the hair deletion. The sole difference is that charrs and asuras have their horns and ears allowed to clip through.

Only now checked the cape on my oversized feline, however, and, although it still looks like some level 40 Vanilla WoW fodder, the physics... kitten.
So uncannily gorgeous, even in comparison to the already absurd level of animation quality native to GW2.
Just... kitten. Like watching warm honey make its deliberate way across taut skin with strained muscles dancing wildly underneath.
Beautiful stuff.

Cynical as I happen to be, I immediately previewed the newest outfit's tail with the cape on a norn woman, but, surprisingly enough, the tail went straight through the cape.
So, unless it's an issue with the preview windows, at least the cape has really been impeccably tailored mindful of naught but charr anatomy.
Who'd have thought we'd live to see the day.

Kinda starting to look like the items hold each other hostage: charrs got the lion's share of wonder here - no pun intended - but they're not exactly popular, whereas the hood would disappear like warm bread if only hair didn't.
And even the six people who'd enjoy both at once while maining a charr get fleeced out of 400 more Gems than usually.

Wonder if the author of this opulent display of pro-player brilliance is the same person who came up with the lauded monetization for Build "Templates".

• Like 2