11th Anniversary...??? [Merged]

They tend not to hype up the Anniversary stuff until it's released, maybe partly due to people not wanting it "spoiled" before they get to open up the package and get the surprise of what's in there.  I myself definitely tend to avoid the forums until I can log in on my oldest character and see what's there since opening gifts and seeing others open gifts is usually more fun for me than the gifts themselves.  Though I do hope they are putting dye kits back in.  As more and more of my alts hit 9th and 10th birthdays it gets more and more "meh" to open the character gifts, fun though the once per account ones are, because there's simply no surprise.  I would love to get more Abyssal, Jade, Soo-Won etc dyes.

• Like 6

It's fairly predictable what the 11th will be. Same as the 10th but with a different title.

For the account  type items, there's still 4 choices left form the Anniversary Weapon Pack so that will be included this year and next and then that set is complete.

Similar for the dyes, 4 more of those left.

So they won't need to change the contents till year 13 (assuming the game is still going then)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Donari.5237 said:

They tend not to hype up the Anniversary stuff until it's released, maybe partly due to people not wanting it "spoiled" before they get to open up the package and get the surprise of what's in there.  I myself definitely tend to avoid the forums until I can log in on my oldest character and see what's there since opening gifts and seeing others open gifts is usually more fun for me than the gifts themselves.  Though I do hope they are putting dye kits back in.  As more and more of my alts hit 9th and 10th birthdays it gets more and more "meh" to open the character gifts, fun though the once per account ones are, because there's simply no surprise.  I would love to get more Abyssal, Jade, Soo-Won etc dyes.

I don't think we'll get an 11th but here's hoping

Edited by Katsugankz.7156
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Katsugankz.7156 said:

I don't think we'll get an 11th but here's hoping

I didn't put a confused emote on you but I am genuinely confused by your phrasing.  You think the game will die before it reaches its 11 anniversary in a few weeks?  You think they won't do anything at all to mark the anniversary?  Or you think we won't get dye packs for the 11th?  I agree with the last option, I was just engaging in wishful thinking rather than seriously hoping, but the first two seem highly unlikely.

• Like 3

I don't think they normally say anything about the anniversary until early August at the earliest.

But the game will almost certainly still exist on 25th August 2023, which is it's 11th anniversary, so there will be an 11th anniversary. What we don't know is what Anet will do to celebrate. I doubt it'll be as much as they did for the 10th anniversary because multiples of 10 are often seen as a bigger deal, whereas 11th is 'just another anniversary'. Also SotO comes out on the 22nd and they'll probably want to focus on the expansion and not distract players with too much other stuff.

In previous years the main thing they've done is a gem store sale, and used it as a time for big announcements, often ones focused on getting new players into the game (it was around the anniversary date that play-for-free was launched, and last year it was when the Steam release happened). I think an announcement like that is unlikely because it would clash with the launch of SotO but a gem store sale is likely.

I think it's safe to assume there will also be 11th birthday gifts for characters with a new title (awarded the first time you get an 11th birthday gift) but we don't know what will be in them. The only item which has been in every single one is the birthday booster. As far as I remember Anet have never announced the contents of the birthday gifts in advanced but it has sometimes been datamined. Otherwise we find out when the oldest characters get them and players post what they recieved.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Counter Terrorist.7421 said:

they split sigils into some new system causing legendary sigils to give stats and add a new legendary grail to give effects on weapon swap and such.

:classic_huh:
1. Runes, not Sigils.
2. grail = Relics 😉

14 hours ago, pallas.8150 said:

Anything said anywhere about the upcoming 11th Anniversary?

This year's Birthday will overlap with the release of SotO, so no idea what ANet has planned.

14 hours ago, Min Min.9368 said:

I only look forward to getting my third anniversary dye and this year I will be getting Bubblegum. Don't expect much now 🙁

And your 1 wardrobe unlock. Do not spend it all at one place.

Personally I would like a infinite personal celectrial exotic maintaince oil (gear icon). Not something you place on the ground like the cake.

Edited by Shadowmoon.7986
  • Like 1

If they want to come out with an item to celebrate the game's birthday, make it something that the whole player base can celebrate with together. Like the Decade Armor.

Having to wait six years is something I am not wanting Anet to do anymore. I'm still waiting for my Victory Rock that celebrated an event I was here for, but couldn't indulge.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...