[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Another feature I'd like from WoW: undershirts. Want to use a skimpy piece of gear because it looks nice, but don't want to actually be skimpy? Toggle the undershirt. Want to add an additional color element to your armor set? Toggle the undershirt.

Honestly, as someone playing a light-armor female norn, who prefers the 'ferocious mountain fighter' aesthetic over the 'sexy large breast fighter' aesthetic most light-armor sets want to emphasize--undershirts would allow me to use more pieces. 

• Like 6

I like WoW's system, but RIFT had the best wardrobe system ever. Nothing comes close, best player housing also. There will never be anything like that in any other game, its a shame someone cant develop an MMORPG with the best of GW2/WoW/RIFT all rolled into one game. That would be the best game ever.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Antycypator.9874 said:

I wish we could have a fashion system from Dragon's Prophet.

Turn any armor and weapon into SKIN and make your own outfits. They do not have stats and "armor weight", so you can wear heavy armor on ele just like gemstore outfits.

Thats what rift is like you can wear any armor type as a skin regardless of it being plate leather mail or cloth.

Remove the flashing lights from Holosmith skills. I can't play Holosmith at all because it hurts my eyes from all those flashing lights. Some of us have sensitive eyes and experience pain and discomfort from flashing lights, Anet.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 1

I'd love to see the following:

• Ability to hide squad member nameplates. All that nameplates overclutter the screen and discourage joining any squad.
  • Per-character keybinds. I play different professions and they have different rotation flow. I usually follow some semantics when binding keys, like healing skill on Shift+E, offensive skill on Shift-F, defensive skill on Shift-G, etc., and that would make playing them much more enjoyable.
  • For the love of god reduce cooldown time on Rechargable Teleport To Friend. One hour cooldown is too much, but having to stay online all that time is just an overkill. I regret buying that useless item.
  • Remember selected commander tag color through game sessions.
  • Like 2

On 5/13/2021 at 1:57 PM, BlueJin.4127 said:

Remove the flashing lights from Holosmith skills. I can't play Holosmith at all because it hurts my eyes from all those flashing lights. Some of us have sensitive eyes and experience pain and discomfort from flashing lights, Anet.

Give me an option to turn off spell effects, the visual clutter is insane esp on boss fights. I cant see what the boss is doing because all the player spells, player auras, player flash. Seriously let me turn it all down or disable it. If holo gets you but the rave flashing going on in fights dont thats a little strange.

• Like 1

I would like the character select page changed to allow all 70 of my toons to show on the page, without me having to scroll through them. This is click....click....click....annoying. Allow them all to display on the page and allow me to move them around so I can sort them to my liking. A super simple thing you can do that can add so much quality and save me so much time to get to the ones I want rapidly.

• Like 1

This is a suggestion to add a hold key bind for "walking".

This could be used to setup low, medium and high pressure zones on joysticks that are set to map onto the specified walk key bind (hold).

Low pressure would hold the specified walk key while medium or high zone releases it.

I've tried pressing the key two times.First on low pressure (after exiting the sticks dead zone) to enter walk mode and then again when entering the medium pressure zone to exit walk mode. This works only to some degree and breaks easily. One reason for that is that the controller doesn't know about the previous walk state. It would be cool to have a immediate toggle (hold for walk, release for run normally) just like action camera already has two bindings one of which toggles as long as you hold the key. 

This would make it even more immersive when using controller.

Edited by Nekres.1038
  • Like 2

• Nekres.1943 changed the title to Add "walk" (hold) key bind to allow joystick pressure utilization

I edited it for clarity. I meant holding the key enters walks mode. Releasing the key exits it.
We only have a binding where a single "press & release" enters walk mode and another "press & release" exits it which makes it hard for joysticks to utilize it via pressure zones.

Edited by Nekres.1038

I apologize in advance for not having read the previously made suggestions to verify if mine was already made by someone or many someones. 

Quality of Life suggestions:

1. A "favorites" option for crafting. So certain craftable items show up at the top of the list every time (or can be sorted from the rest using the filter option)

Silly Item Suggestion:

1. An infusion that shines a spotligt on the toon all the time
Edited by Lexi.2614
removed a null suggestion
  • Like 2

Would love to see a simple FUNCTION pass through the UI.  Make things behave consistently.  This is gamedev101, IMO.

New windows should always popup OVER old ones. (I'm thinking for example if you have inventory open, and open a book, for example)

ESC should always close the open active window. (I'm thinking if you have inventory open, mail-to open, and then you get a "your mail sent successfully"* popup (* why are we telling players that something functioned correctly?  Maybe save the popup for when it DOESN'T work?)

Dropdowns should be ordered consistently.  If you have a usable item, the dropdown should be the same as any other usable item, with unavailable choices greyed out.  (Legend of Otter - every other stackable usable I'm aware of 'use all' is the bottom-menu choice; for this it's a) not multi usable (why?) and b) the bottom choice is DESTROY...AFAIK without a confirmation, hilariously/tragically.)

Optionize confirmations - let players choose if they really need to confirm "teleport to friend" that one last time again before going.

Downed/fully dead status - tell them where is the nearest waypoint, and/or how they get back to where they are if they want.  Frex in Claw of Jormag, I see lots of people not releasing because they don't even know the paradrop function exists.

I understand this isn't a brand new game, but consistency of function HAS to be a primary dev edit throughout the process, particularly when you're adding new items and new functions: "does this behave predictably and consistently with similar things the players have been using for years?"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JustTrogdor.7892 said:

Seems like another weird thread merge.  The QOL thread is now "Add "walk" (hold) key bind to allow joystick pressure utilization"  ???

Maybe this is the one suggestion they pulled out of all of our suggestions to focus on, and from here on out, we only offer suggestions on how to make the walk hold idea better? 🤔

Or the new forum did a weird and gone and broked. 😉

27 minutes ago, notebene.3190 said:

Maybe this is the one suggestion they pulled out of all of our suggestions to focus on, and from here on out, we only offer suggestions on how to make the walk hold idea better? 🤔

Or the new forum did a weird and gone and broked. 😉

I have a theory as to why things like this have happened in the last few days (this isn't the first case) but I'll keep it to myself.   It won't do me any good to discuss it further.   🥑

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892

I've Googled it. I know I can use third party tricks to make it work. But that doesn't change the fact that I should be able to do that directly in game in the first place.

Mouse wheel and shift+mouse wheel are 4 very convenient hotkeys that I love to use in other MMOs. It's a pity that it's not an option here.

• Like 2

Not sure if that fits will QoL, but i guess it is closest.
I am not really fan of cosmetic infusions and Trinket Auras ( still waiting for checkbox implementation for trinkets to disable their effect, just like Backpack ), but this kind of Infusion is something i would use:

Mist Warden Infusion
Provided Effect: Ghost, transparent.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Gwen_(All_or_Nothing).jpg
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Mist_Warden_Ranger.jpg
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Mist_Warden_Revenant.jpg
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Mist_Warden_Guardian.jpg

Implementation of such infusion will be good for upcoming Living Season Spotlight weeks.

Edited by Aeon.4583
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

Good morning all, I'm working on this. The mods let me know that the threads accidentally got merged backwards, so I'm getting it untangled now. 

Haha I knew it. Hopefully my suggestion about adding a holdable walk keybinding doesn't go under.