Post Patch Balance Discussion.

Poelala.2830

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:I was hoping for some soulbeast nerfs but they actually buffed it a little bit instead.

But at least they buffed Windborne Notes for your druid a bit too, mate. I'm more triggered by Lead the Wind change. No one almost even used it. It's like they feel there's something wrong with Marksmanship but they've not a single clue what. Doesn't it feel even more pigeonholed into Remorseless now?

@Miles Smiles.8951 said:

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:I was hoping for some soulbeast nerfs but they actually buffed it a little bit instead.

But at least they buffed Windborne Notes for your druid a bit too, mate. I'm more triggered by Lead the Wind change. No one almost even used it. It's like they feel there's something wrong with Marksmanship but they've not a single clue what. Doesn't it feel even more pigeonholed into Remorseless now?

The 5 people who still pretend WvW roaming is a serious game mode got pissy over Ranger actually being good and anet threw them a bone.

@Stallic.2397 said:

@"DanAlcedo.3281" said:Anet: Here have this Balance cookie. We still baking in Balance Cake.Forum: Where is my cake?

As an Ele, I try to keep this in mind. Really hoping for something big (pvp-wise) next patch.

People have been telling themselves "the big one that finally gets it right" is "just an update away" for years now.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Balsa.3951 said:Soaring Devastation: In addition to its other effects, this trait now grants an increased 25% movement speed when Wings of Resolve is not on cooldown.

means the running speed for dh is 25% faster or the jump is 25% faster ?

running speed

thank u thats good news and shows anet is kinda listening a non trap based dragon hunter build could be an option i feel maybe....

@Bossun.2046 said:Overall decent changes to engi. Will have to try out the changes when I get home. I guess the lack of a Nerf shows that anet also sees Holo as a well balanced spec. Only wish scrapper would get some buffs

:) :) :)

Both core engineer and scrapper got buffed, scrapper in particular got buffed with Over Shield. Support scrapper can now use Medic Gyro with Reconstruction Field and have 40% of damage reduction. Also, this buff gave me a build crafting idea for scrapper using the Thumper Turret with the Experimental Turrets trait. Combine that with the increased boon duration from alchemy and rune of the water and you have a solid bunker build.

Pro-tip: just stop playing pvp in this game and you wont be disappointed. The new w6 raid is pretty fun and i've just been letting my rating decay while enjoying actual good content instead of some trash mode that the ANet doesnt care about :p. It also doesnt seem like they are willing to change anything in terms of how they do things based on this balance patch, so honestly just move on

Gets excited to see True Shot in the patch notes

Aaaaaand it's nothing. And sword got pretty heavily nerfed. Soaring Devastation and Zealous Blade open some testing options, but I honestly doubt anything to help DH break out of tier 3.

Lesser Spinal Shivers nerf - Yes. Yes. Deserved.

Thief nerfs seem quite controversial. Thrill of Crime's a welcome buff.

Not sure why Lead the Wind got changed on Ranger's side. Druid's still in the trash can.

I expected small nerfs to Holo. Not the biggest offender so I guess it's not too bad.

@Miles Smiles.8951 said:

Heh, I use it. I love taking out 2-3 at once with pierce. How much dps is lost?

@breno.5423 said:Where's the nerf at:

Necro: Transfusion (trait)Revenant: Sword off handHolosmith: DPSDeadeye: Death Judgement damageGuardian: Focus skill 4Soulbeast: DPS

Rev's overall damage got nerfed a bit because of less stacks of might Incensed Response gives. The reworked trait Nefarious Momentum makes might more effective but that means giving up 150 Ferocity from Assassin's Presence. I think it's a step in the right direction - Incensed Response is a very lazy way to gain might and it needed to be nerfed.

Deadeye's Three Round Burst and Double Tap now cost 6 initiatives. IMO Death's Judgement is annoying but not always unavoidable - its sound cue is pretty obvious (might not work for people who have trouble hearing though). They haven't done anything about Backstab and Deadeye's Stealth though - I was hoping for more.

Archived