Rune and Sigil Changes - 13 November 2018 [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Chronos well deserved a nerf.Chronos are going to be perfectly fine. They'll just be forced into chaos even more than before. It's all
other
potential support options that got the ax, because they will now have to run full support gear and lose all the dps they had.

Not sure how i feel about the change to sigil of Water however - it's a healer spec sigil, and those usually do not have precision.

This.

Chrono is the least affected class by this change. Mine is already boon duration capped with no need to weapon swap any more. Main difference? Some less power and damage in either build (tank or support). Considering support chrono was hitting like a wet noodle, big whoop.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Darlgon.9273 said:

@"Carcharoth Lucian.1378" said:Patch notes : "Salvage Kits: The chance to extract a rune or sigil from equipment is now a chance to salvage the upgrades directly into their crafting materials. This does not affect Black Lion Salvage Kits, which will continue to always extract upgrades intact."

PSA : use of Black Lion Salvage Kits on exotic runes and sigils don't give you all the materials !Example, i use 5 of them -> no charms and no symbols, just some lucent motes :(

Same results here. Thanks for not letting me feel lonely.

On a related note, I was using Silver Salvage-o-matic. That SHOULD have the same chance as BLTC kits, right?

No, Silver-fed is equivalent to mystic or master salvage kits. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Salvage_kit

I am actually very okay with all the sigil/rune changes,

as long as they don't all need to be crafted now that there are recipes for them. I'm not okay with everything being crafting bound. I actually have some gold to spare sometimes, and can buy my runes/sigils.

I honestly do not want to be tied down to having to craft my runes if I want runes at all. As it already is for most Stat Combinations. I'm not okay with spending that much gold ALL THE TIME. If you think runes are expensive now, if they become crafting only aquire-able, all of their prices will go way up. And that's not okay.

It already costs A WHOLE LOT OF GOLD, to get any of the crafting professions to 400 and be able to craft real exotic gear. I'm not trying to spend 2 gold on materials to craft a rune or sigil that I used to be able to buy for a single gold piece.

I like variety, I like the changes. I do. But only if runes/sigils DO NOT go the way of all the stat combinations post Expansions.

@Hesacon.8735 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@Ebonfire.8270 said:The combination of Nightmare and Trapper have been a staple for condi classes, but Nightmare has been changed from general condi duration to Fear duration. Trapper has been improved, but still, the change to Nightmare, given the means to attain it, is kind of uncool.

Awww man ! I spent a while getting the tokens to kit my Renegade with nightmare runes ! Just a Week ago

Same, they are useless now :cry: and my sweet, sweet durability runes...ripOther then that thank you for update everything else looks good.

Durability runes got buffed, it's just other runes got brought up to its level. It was always one of the best runes in the game, it's just now we have alternatives.

no it didn't, it's only has 15% boon duration now(previously 20%)

@Evil Seabass.5214 said:I'm not home from work yet, so I can't login to the game and see for myself, but some sigils arent listed in the update notes. Does that mean they didnt change? For example: Sigil of Bloodlust.Thanksthey didn't change.

Whats the deal with this thread? OP says that sigil changes dont improve variety in game, now it is upset because sigil of concentration is nerfed, this doesnt make sense.

The variety in the game is because now you have runes/sigils which will have more uptime on their effects, making them more reliable to use. An example, superior sigil of celerity, now you gain quickness when the foe is disabled. Now think of this scenario, youre facing a foe which receives the major part of damage after you deplete their breakbar, so inmeadiatly when it is stunned you gain quickness in the moment where you need to do the most of your damage. This is useful in some maps like per example, warden Amala in Istan, Serpent's ire in domain of Vabbi or many bounties which are vulnerable only when stunned. Because of course, not always you will have a Chrono buffin you with quickness for this task.

Also, was a good idea to buff many of the 6 piece bonus from some runes, because sometimes the 6th bonus from the set isnt good enough to complete it, forcing you to use a set of 5 runes and 1 diferent rune of another set to get the stats that you want.

Although it was confusing to me in the patch notes, I believe I now understand what they meant by the Black Lion Salvage kit always salvaging the upgrades; after trying the BL kit on sigils/runes, and not getting any better symbol/charm drop rate over any of the other kits. So apparently, the symbols/charms are not the 'salvaging the upgrade' the patch notes refer to.

I believe that using other salvage kits on gear may salvage the gear and sigil/rune as a whole -- you won't get a sigil/rune out of the gear, but rather the components. However, if I understand it now, if you use a BL salvage, you will still get the upgrade (rune/sigil) when salvaging a piece of gear. I've not done extensive testing of this, so this is presumptive thinking on my part at this point.

@roamzero.9486 said:What's not gamechanging is that fact that not enough testing was put into some of these. Sigil of Blight doesn't work at all and the Torment sigil still works the old way.

If this is the case, could you please post in the Bugs forum? I just moved another thread there, and I know the devs will want to learn about any issues with bugs.

Thanks!

• ArenaNet Staff

Quite a few feedback threads have arisen today in relation to the major changes to runes and sigils. Here's a thread in which you could share your impressions of the changes. You can cite observations about individual changes, overall opinions, and so forth. Having a single thread on this subject will make it easier to see feedback in a large scale.

Please keep in mind:

• The changes are only a few hours old, and we understand that initial impressions may change. You can edit your post if you decide you'd like to add more details, explain your thoughts, or offer an updated impression.
  • Community members who do detailed research into changes of this kind will need some time to provide that data.
  • If you believe you have identified a bug with a rune or sigil, please post in the Bugs Subforum.

New Defender Rune:(1): +25 Toughness(2): +35 Healing(3): +50 Toughness(4): +65 Healing(5): +100 Toughness(6): 10% increased maximum health; restores 5% of your maximum health when blocking an attack. (Cooldown: 1s)

Seriously needs to be looked at for professions with many blocks. You're looking at 1.2k to 1.5k heals per block without requiring any healing power investment just by having enough vitality + the rune giving the extra 10% to reach 24k and 30k health.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Hesacon.8735 said:Durability runes got buffedYou might want to look again. Unless the effect in game is different than the one on patch notes, i see a nerf from 20% to 15% boon duration.

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@Ebonfire.8270 said:The combination of Nightmare and Trapper have been a staple for condi classes, but Nightmare has been changed from general condi duration to Fear duration. Trapper has been improved, but still, the change to Nightmare, given the means to attain it, is kind of uncool.

Awww man ! I spent a while getting the tokens to kit my Renegade with nightmare runes ! Just a Week ago

Same, they are useless now :cry: and my sweet, sweet durability runes...ripOther then that thank you for update everything else looks good.

Durability runes got buffed, it's just other runes got brought up to its level. It was always one of the best runes in the game, it's just now we have alternatives.

no it didn't, it's only has 15% boon duration now(previously 20%)

I'm not using durability runes strictly for the boon duration. As a mostly wvw player, I'm more interested in not getting downed, so 10% hp is better than 5% boon duration.

@"Naxos.2503" said:I was a bit disappointed about losing my Superior Sigil of Demon Summoning :< My necromancer used a variety of skills to have a very large amount of minions, combined with Runes of the lich, "Rise!" and core necromancer Bone Minion and Life Steal minion, with Lich Form, I could play a very special kind of necromancer that specialized in having a huge horde of monsters, with Fleshreaver as a peak power spike (it also helped that Fleshreaver fit a Necromancer).

In a way, I Really appreciate the Torment duration for my renegade, but I feel like my necromancer lost a Bit of Identity :<

I totally agree, in fact I'm a little disappointed as when the Ogre runes changes were released as the preview to the update I hopefully assumed that Sigil of Demon Summoning would receive a similar change. My necromancer is also sad to see the little fleshreaver go, it was nice thematically for open world on a minion build even if it wasn't very effective.

@zencow.3651 said:New Defender Rune:(1): +25 Toughness(2): +35 Healing(3): +50 Toughness(4): +65 Healing(5): +100 Toughness(6): 10% increased maximum health; restores 5% of your maximum health when blocking an attack. (Cooldown: 1s)

Seriously needs to be looked at for professions with many blocks. You're looking at 1.2k to 1.5k heals per block without requiring any healing power investment just by having enough vitality + the rune giving the extra 10% to reach 24k and 30k health.

I've stopped roaming because of it. It needs to get its CD increased ASAP. Systematic Abuse Guild sure is abusing of it, can't blame em either. And don't get me started on that Marked/Reveal bugs. All my past victims are enjoying taunting me on my corpse thinking they are worth something now.

i'm not a fan of the rata sum rune change. It used to give me a shield of weakness and poison at an opportune time (albeit with a high cd) but now it gives a little bit of might for an awfully short period of the fight, and doesn't even refresh. Its effect isn't useful anymore imo.btw why does the gamma field thing do 0 dmg ticks? is it so we can aggro bunnies?

Breakdown of the most broken/useful ones:

Celerity Gain a charge when you kill a foe, five if you kill an enemy player. At 25 charges, gain quickness for 5 seconds. (You lose all stacks on down.) Gain quickness for 5 seconds when disabling an enemy. (Cooldown: 20 seconds)

-any class that can disable just got access to quickness burst. This is likely going to stay, maybe get reduced to 3s. not a big change for wvw, but huge for pvp

Intelligence (Now Vision) Your next three attacks after swapping to this weapon while in combat have a 100% critical chance. (Cooldown: 9 Seconds) Your attacks have a 100% critical chance for 3 seconds after swapping to this weapon in combat. (Cooldown: 9 Seconds)

-could be useful for wvw, allowing us to run very tanky on any power class. completely broken for roaming/pvp. hopefully gets changed, but not holding my breath

Adventurer (1): +25 Condition Damage(2): +35 Power(3): +50 Condition Damage(4): +65 Power(5): +100 Condition Damage(6): When you use a heal skill you gain 50% endurance. (Cooldown: 10s) (1): +25 Condition Damage(2): +35 Power(3): +50 Condition Damage(4): +65 Power(5): +100 Condition Damage(6): +125 power; when you use a heal skill you gain 50% endurance. (Cooldown: 10s)

-unnecessary buff for the current meta rune set for holo and mirage.

Antitoxin (1): +28 Condition Damage(2): -4% condition duration applied to you.(3): +55 Condition Damage(4): -8% condition duration applied to you.(5): +100 Condition Damage(6): -12% condition duration applied to you. Gain 5 stacks of might for 10 seconds on incoming poison or torment. (Cooldown: 20s) (1): +25 Condition Damage(2): -5% condition duration applied to you.(3): +50 Condition Damage(4): -10% condition duration applied to you.(5): +100 Condition Damage(6): -10% condition duration applied to you. When you remove one or more conditions, remove an additional condition.

-potential to be really strong if it affects other players that you remove conditions from, effectively doubling your condi cleanse.

Defender (1): +25 Healing(2): When you block a foe's attack, gain 1 second of regeneration.(3): +50 Healing(4): When you use a heal skill, gain aegis for 5 seconds. (Cooldown: 10s)(5): +100 Healing(6): When you block a foe's attack, heal yourself. (Cooldown: 30s) (1): +25 Toughness(2): +35 Healing(3): +50 Toughness(4): +65 Healing(5): +100 Toughness(6): 10% increased maximum health; restores 5% of your maximum health when blocking an attack. (Cooldown: 1s)

-broken for pvp/roaming, likely no impact on zerging. might be bis for commanders with high block potential: fb/sb/chrono

Eagle (1): +25 Precision(2): +35 Ferocity(3): +50 Precision(4): +65 Ferocity(5): +100 Precision(6): +6% damage against targets with less than 50% health. (1): +25 Precision(2): +35 Ferocity(3): +50 Precision(4): +65 Ferocity(5): +100 Precision(6): +125 ferocity; +10% damage against targets with less than 50% health.

-gotta test this one out compared to a power rune, but would definitely allow you to run valkyrie over berserker for a big gain in survivability with almost no loss in damage

Flame Legion (1): +25 Power(2): +10% Burning Duration(3): +50 Power(4): 25% chance to cause burning for 1 second when hit. (Cooldown: 10s)(5): +100 Power(6): +20% burning duration; +7% damage against burning foes. (1): +25 Power(2): +10% Burning Duration(3): +50 Power(4): +20% Burning Duration(5): +100 Power(6): +20% burning duration; +7% damage against burning foes.

-bis for grieving guard/dh/fb, potentially useful for creating a pure dps build

Grove (1): +25 Healing(2): +10% Protection Duration(3): +50 Healing(4): 25% chance when struck to gain protection for 4 seconds. (Cooldown: 30s)(5): +100 Healing(6): +20% protection duration; 50% chance when struck to root the attacking foe. (Cooldown: 90s) (1): +25 Healing(2): +10% Protection Duration(3): +50 Healing(4): +20% Protection Duration(5): +100 Healing(6): +20% protection duration; when struck, create a meadow at your location granting protection, regeneration, and vigor to allies. (Cooldown: 90s)

-not sure how long the meadow lasts, but sounds cool. depending on the size/duration of the meadow could be really strong

Mercy (1): +25 Toughness(2): Gain up to 400 toughness while reviving an ally, based on your level.(3): +50 Toughness(4): You resurrect allies with 30% more health.(5): +100 Toughness(6): You revive allied players 20% faster. (1): +25 Toughness(2): +35 Healing Power(3): +50 Toughness(4): Gain 20% damage reduction while reviving allies.(5): +100 Toughness(6): You revive allied players 20% faster and with 30% more health.

-makes ambi ele and transference scourge stronger options

Mesmer (1): +25 Power(2): +35 Precision(3): +50 Power(4): +65 Precision(5): +100 Power(6): +33% Daze Duration (1): +25 Power(2): +35 Precision(3): +50 Power(4): +65 Precision(5): +100 Power(6): +33% daze duration; +10% damage to dazed foes.

-more useful for renegades than mesmers, probably not a strong enough rune set to pick over other options though even then

Mirage (1): +25 Condition Damage(2): +35 Toughness(3): +50 Condition Damage(4): +65 Toughness(5): +100 Condition Damage(6): Heal yourself when you successfully evade an attack. (Cooldown: 20s) (1): +25 Condition Damage(2): +35 Toughness(3): +50 Condition Damage(4): +65 Toughness(5): +100 Condition Damage(6): +125 toughness; inflict torment for 4 seconds when you successfully evade an attack.

-might open up condi dodge daredevil in zergs? depends on if there's an icd and if the spec can output more condition damage than staff dd can output vaults

Monk (1): +25 Healing(2): +5% Boon Duration(3): +50 Healing(4): +10% boon duration; 25% chance when struck to heal for a small amount. (Cooldown: 15s)(5): +100 Healing(6): +10% outgoing heal effectiveness to allies. (1): +25 Healing(2): +5% Boon Duration(3): +50 Healing(4): +10% Boon Duration(5): +100 Healing(6): +10% outgoing heal effectiveness to allies; +1% outgoing heal effectiveness for 3 seconds whenever granting a boon to an ally (max 10).

-don't know why they buffed this? it was already bis for healers even with the other runes getting upgraded. gogo scrapper/druid lol

Sanctuary (1): +25 Vitality(2): +5% Boon Duration(3): +50 Vitality(4): 25% chance when struck to gain retaliation for 4 seconds. (Cooldown: 30s)(5): +100 Vitality(6): When struck below 20% health gain stability for 5 seconds. (Cooldown: 60s) (1): +25 Vitality(2): +5% Boon Duration(3): +50 Vitality(4): +10% Boon Duration(5): +100 Vitality(6): Gain a barrier equal to 20% of the value of incoming heals.

-absolutely broken on scourge, if it isn't nerfed by this weekend there won't be a point in raiding as it interacts with abrasive grit and vampiric presence to give scourge 25 might, max barrier, and full immunity to conditions. so if we don't run a full scourge raid all wearing these, we can't compete

Scholar (1): +25 Power(2): +35 Ferocity(3): +50 Power(4): +65 Ferocity(5): +100 Power(6): +10% damage while your health is above 90%. (1): +25 Power(2): +35 Ferocity(3): +50 Power(4): +65 Ferocity(5): +100 Power(6): +125 ferocity, +5% damage while your health is above 90%.

it's a 3.3% damage increase over the old scholar runes (10-13.3) above 90% and a 8.3% damage increase under 90% hp compared to the original. still bis for any power damage class, in every game mode.

Speed (1): +25 Vitality(2): +10% Swiftness Duration(3): +50 Vitality(4): 25% chance when struck to gain swiftness for 15 seconds. (Cooldown: 30s)(5): +100 Vitality(6): +20% Swiftness Duration; +25% Movement Speed (1): +25 Vitality(2): +10% Swiftness Duration(3): +50 Vitality(4): +20% Swiftness Duration(5): +100 Vitality(6): +20% swiftness duration; swiftness grants +66% movement speed.

-this is permanent superspeed in combat, but has no offensive stats. this just makes classes that can upkeep swiftness impossible to kite unless you're running the rune too. best use is in pvp on a decapper.

Tormenting (1): +25 Condition Damage(2): +10% Torment Duration(3): +50 Condition Damage(4): +15% Torment Duration(5): +100 Condition Damage(6): +20% torment duration; when you use a heal skill, apply two stacks of torment to nearby foes. (Cooldown: 20s) (1): +25 Condition Damage(2): +10% Torment Duration(3): +50 Condition Damage(4): +20% Torment Duration(5): +100 Condition Damage(6): +20% torment duration; heal for a small amount when inflicting torment on a foe.

-This is also gamebreaking for scourge and likely to receive a nerf very quickly. it heals for 110 on each application of torment, making scourge unkillable so long as it's attacking. it's also bugged to work on the application of every condition currently so the most broken ones currently are sanctuary, torment, and defender atm

@"ReaverKane.7598" said:I just love how this supposed "quality of life" change became a chance for Arena Net to rack up on gem sales.Sure it wasn't a guaranteed chance, but with rare kits you'd get the sigils and runes more often than not, now you get junk that will out you up for a few hours crafting sigils and runes.Pretty sure that there's already someone that bought all the useful runes and sigils of the TP just to overprice them later.Awesome move Arena Net.A lot of people keep saying they don't like crafting, and want to avoid it, Arena Net just adds more and more forced crafting into the game.Not even going to discuss individual sigil and rune changes, since i already read enough to not want to play the game before i got to that.When the game's patch notes has almost as much dedicated to the gem store as to the rest of the changes, you know where priorities lie. And it stopped being on providing a quality game a long time ago.

Yep, more crafting. I don't like crafting. So no need to ever change my gear.

And some of the changes.... like Traveler Runes. Moved the _% condi duration to a different point. That's it. Why?

@Rysdude.3824 said:

@Hashberry.4510 said:66 percent swiftness from sigil of speed. I assume you only see that boost in combat?

Wonderfull effort by ANet, love what you did overall.

The rune of speed picked up the 66 too. Run a Rune of Speed/Soulbeast in WvW as a havoc run speed booster and to catch runners, bond the bird and you have swiftness on demand, hammer/mace dwarf revivie same thing. Wonder how many people are going to be reported as speed hacking in the first week?

I've been running this since the update and its amazingly fun to catch up and kill.

Fantastic, so now all roamers have to spend 35 gold or die. Per armor set, per character.

wow, absolutely unnecessary change to rune of speed. i've been using this so my character doesn't feel so sluggish. but I guess it was OP and now the rune is useless. but I guess making the game shit to play is the new direction games take. because if you keep the player logged in for longer (because for example the char moves slower now) you have a higher "engagement" on paper. incompetent nu-devs. really. fuck this shit. you're just becoming another blizzard that tries to squeeze the player for every minute. go and fuck yourselves. i'm done with this shit game.

You missed the point as to why people used 2 Trapper 4 Nightmare.

If you want people to use the full sets, you need to understand that fear duration increase is such an outrageously niche bonus available only to 2 classes (and warrior never uses "fear me! in PvE) that this is the reason people didn't pick the rune.

Now you have screwed condition renegades for no reason other than to saddle them with a totally obsolete 10% fear duration bonus.

It would be much better to at least swap that with 10% poison/bleeding/torment duration increase.

Don't ruin rune sets with utterly niche bonuses with marginal use cases.

Fear is so pathetically short to begin with that even classes with fear like necro or warrior won't even notice any benefit to this bonus.

Even on the best case scenario of the single class with some access to fear such as necro a 0.3 sec longer fear on a 3 sec fear every 20+ seconds is just a complete waste of stat on the rune set to the point where you could delete the 2 piece bonus and nobody would appreciate any difference.

@RisenHowl.2419 said:Sanctuary (1): +25 Vitality(2): +5% Boon Duration(3): +50 Vitality(4): 25% chance when struck to gain retaliation for 4 seconds. (Cooldown: 30s)(5): +100 Vitality(6): When struck below 20% health gain stability for 5 seconds. (Cooldown: 60s) (1): +25 Vitality(2): +5% Boon Duration(3): +50 Vitality(4): +10% Boon Duration(5): +100 Vitality(6): Gain a barrier equal to 20% of the value of incoming heals.

-absolutely broken on scourge, if it isn't nerfed by this weekend there won't be a point in raiding as it interacts with abrasive grit and vampiric presence to give scourge 25 might, max barrier, and full immunity to conditions. so if we don't run a full scourge raid all wearing these, we can't competeI wouldn't really worry about raid situations. 25 might is a norm, barriers do help but are usually already covered by a scourge offhealer, and conditions are irrelevant on most encounters (and even on those cleanses usually take care of them anyway). After all that, scourge still remaind a suboptimal dps choice outside of epi shenanigans.Still probably need to get some fix, though

Scholar (1): +25 Power(2): +35 Ferocity(3): +50 Power(4): +65 Ferocity(5): +100 Power(6): +10% damage while your health is above 90%. (1): +25 Power(2): +35 Ferocity(3): +50 Power(4): +65 Ferocity(5): +100 Power(6): +125 ferocity, +5% damage while your health is above 90%.

it's a 3.3% damage increase over the old scholar runes (10-13.3) above 90% and a 8.3% damage increase under 90% hp compared to the original. still bis for any power damage class, in every game mode.You might want to count again, it's actually only gain if you frequently are below 90% hp. Otherwise it's a slight loss.

@"RisenHowl.2419" said:Breakdown of the most broken/useful ones:

Scholar (1): +25 Power(2): +35 Ferocity(3): +50 Power(4): +65 Ferocity(5): +100 Power(6): +10% damage while your health is above 90%.

(1): +25 Power(2): +35 Ferocity(3): +50 Power(4): +65 Ferocity(5): +100 Power(6): +125 ferocity, +5% damage while your health is above 90%.

it's a 3.3% damage increase over the old scholar runes (10-13.3) above 90% and a 8.3% damage increase under 90% hp compared to the original. still bis for any power damage class, in every game mode.

Assuming that you're a Deadeye with:

• Ascended Berserker Equipment
  • 6 Superior Runes of the Scholar
  • Ability: "Signet of Agility"
  • Trait: "Practiced Tolerance (10% Precision is converted to Ferocity)" and "No Quarter (+250 Ferocity with Fury)"

This results in:

• 1524 Ferocity (251.60% on Critical Strike) before the change
  • 1649 Ferocity (259.93% on Critical Strike) after the change

This is the "8.33%" which was mentioned.

However, assuming that each Attack does "100 Damage", which on Critical Strike is "251.60 Damage" before and "259.93" Damage after.

251.60 Damage × (1 + 10%) = 276.76 Damage259.93 Damage × (1 + 5%) = 272.93 Damage

I don't understand how you calculated a "3.3% damage increase", but it seems to be a 3.83% decrease (3.83 less for every 100 dealt) in overall damage.However, I would agree that it is a good change in terms of stability due to the fact that players are more likely to fight with their faces instead of actual weapons.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@RisenHowl.2419 said:Sanctuary (1): +25 Vitality(2): +5% Boon Duration(3): +50 Vitality(4): 25% chance when struck to gain retaliation for 4 seconds. (Cooldown: 30s)(5): +100 Vitality(6): When struck below 20% health gain stability for 5 seconds. (Cooldown: 60s) (1): +25 Vitality(2): +5% Boon Duration(3): +50 Vitality(4): +10% Boon Duration(5): +100 Vitality(6): Gain a barrier equal to 20% of the value of incoming heals.

-absolutely broken on scourge, if it isn't nerfed by this weekend there won't be a point in raiding as it interacts with abrasive grit and vampiric presence to give scourge 25 might, max barrier, and full immunity to conditions. so if we don't run a full scourge raid all wearing these, we can't competeI wouldn't really worry about raid situations. 25 might is a norm, barriers do help but are usually already covered by a scourge offhealer, and conditions are irrelevant on most encounters (and even on those cleanses usually take care of them anyway). After all that, scourge still remaind a suboptimal dps choice outside of epi shenanigans.Still probably need to get some fix, though

it's a 3.3% damage increase over the old scholar runes (10-13.3) above 90% and a 8.3% damage increase under 90% hp compared to the original. still bis for any power damage class, in every game mode.You might want to count again, it's actually only gain if you frequently are below 90% hp. Otherwise it's a slight loss.

Sorry, meant wvw raids. And 125 ferocity is 8.33% damage with max crit (1% crit damage=15 ferocity), so it's an overall gain in dps both above and below

@Nodius Caelestis.3892 said:

@RisenHowl.2419 said:Breakdown of the most broken/useful ones:

Scholar (1): +25 Power(2): +35 Ferocity(3): +50 Power(4): +65 Ferocity(5): +100 Power(6): +10% damage while your health is above 90%.

(1): +25 Power(2): +35 Ferocity(3): +50 Power(4): +65 Ferocity(5): +100 Power(6): +125 ferocity, +5% damage while your health is above 90%.

Assuming that you're a Deadeye with:
  • Ascended Berserker Equipment
  • 6 Superior Runes of the Scholar
  • Ability: "Signet of Agility"
  • Trait: "Practiced Tolerance (10% Precision is converted to Ferocity)" and "No Quarter (+250 Ferocity with Fury)"

This results in:
  • 1524 Ferocity (251.60% on Critical Strike) before the change
  • 1649 Ferocity (259.93% on Critical Strike) after the change

This is the "8.33%" which was mentioned.

However, assuming that each Attack does "100 Damage", which on Critical Strike is "251.60 Damage" before and "259.93" Damage after.

251.60 Damage × (1 + 10%) = 276.76 Damage259.93 Damage × (1 + 5%) = 272.93 Damage

I don't understand how you calculated a "3.3% damage increase", but it seems to be a 3.83% decrease (3.83 less for every 100 dealt) in overall damage.However, I would agree that it is a good change in terms of stability due to the fact that players are more likely to fight with their faces instead of actual weapons.

Is that including the multiplicative stacking of damage modifiers?

Archived