Lacko.6572

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@LINKAZZATORE.8135 said:

@"DRfear.5234" said:

Honestly, big shame on ArenaNet for not sponsoring this.....

Why is it a shame ?

It's a private group of people celebrating them self. Nothing to see here.

why would fifa sponsor any football match, it's just a group of people celebrating themselves, nothing to see here.

Of course. We should all just be riveted to whatever agenda you and you alone are promoting. Got it

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:OMG OMG OMG OMG. 10K. Thats great considering only 20k play anymore.

GW2 has only 20k active players?! What? :o I don't believe that.

They were being
facetious

Hey, I've learnt a new English term. :) And I wasn't quite serious myself, but I guess I forgot the winkie at the end of that sentence. ;)

@Trajan.4953 said:

@"DRfear.5234" said:

Why is it a shame ?

It's a private group of people celebrating them self. Nothing to see here.

why would fifa sponsor any football match, it's just a group of people celebrating themselves, nothing to see here.

Of course. We should all just be riveted to whatever agenda you and you alone are promoting. Got it

1) He didnt suggest that you are anyone else should be riveted to anything. He suggested that sometimes companies. FIFA as an example, do sponsor community events.

2) He and he alone? Math skills.

@Shadow.5983 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:10k of what?

It literally says 10k VIEWERS in the title :)

It didn't when I posted that. I assume that's why the first post was edited 30 minutes after I asked for clarification.

@"DRfear.5234" said:

@"DRfear.5234" said:

@Danikat.8537 said:10k of what?

bananas

It was a genuine question. I know nothing about this tournament except that a few people have linked to videos of it on this forum today, but with little/no explanation of what it is and a clear assumption that everyone reading it will already know.

I assume it has nothing to do with Enterprise Resource Planning or...the other thing I know as ERP. Going by the text on the video preview I guess it's 'Elitist Raid Party?'. But that still doesn't tell me what this exciting 10k is. Are they raising money like Pink Day in LA and have reached $10,000? Did someone get 10,000 damage? Have 10,000 people entered?

Viewers ;) which is crazy ammount for Guild wars, considering that the community is hyper casual and ont interact with the twitch

Thanks for the explanation. :) I'm one of the ones who doesn't use Twitch, so I had no idea this was happening, or what normal or exceptional viewer numbers would be. But it's nice to see people coming up with their own ways to make a game mode more challenging and having fun with it. Kind of like the 'iron man' challenges people run in normal PvE sometimes.

@C Cspace Cowboy.5903 said:

@C Cspace Cowboy.5903 said:Has anet even responded once to this?

They aren't going to. And there really isn't any reason for them to (at least in my opinion).

Really? The largest stream in gw2 history?

k.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have sponsored the event in some way. I am just saying I think them saying something now is going to just create a lot of drama and not really anything positive at this point.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"DRfear.5234" said:

Do you know if Teapot asked them to?

There were talks i believe but he also asked for their inhouse tool to do what hes doing with the camera, they said no and so he instead dropped any sponsorship with anet and went to get the tool his currently using up and running.

@C Cspace Cowboy.5903 said:

@C Cspace Cowboy.5903 said:Has anet even responded once to this?

They aren't going to. And there really isn't any reason for them to (at least in my opinion).

Really? The largest stream in gw2 history?

It isn't, Phantram once spent a couple of hours teaching Sodapoppin how to play PvP in GW2 he had like 24k at one point, which rather puts in perspective just how low this and the PvP tournaments numbers are in the grand scheme of Twitch.

Tbh, I wonder if it's more people seeing ERP and thinking something completely different and clicking. It took reading the forums for me to realize it was about raiding and not, you know, Erotic Role Play.

@Mortifera.6138 said:Looks like GW2 is going out with a bang, before WoW Classic kills it.Classic is being offered, for free, to subscribing accounts. That alone is proof to me that even Blizzard has little faith in it. The rest was that made me realize it's not gonna really kill anything was the amount of right screaming some players had during the beta I was in about how they should add this and that, ignoring that, it's classic. About the only thing praised was being able to run Naxx60 again. The rest was people being forced to take off their rose-tinted glasses and realize they had become the casuals they constantly insulted. If anything, Classic will probably cause more problems as I can see guilds using is as yet another benchmark in their list of requirements on letting a pug into their raid on the main game.

ERP 3 had more viewers than there are comments under this general forum discussion. That's very sad. When you have an event that is competitive and not "casual" in nature, people actually care to see what's happening. ArenaNet would be wise to take notes, but we know that won't happen. Especially considering the fact that a lot of these players that have hosted and/or taken part in ERP 3 are leaving the game.

It's unfortunate you have such an oblivious company running a game that has so much potential. But at least we are getting season 5, more crappy maps that you will spend about a day in with the same old "dynamic" events. Or bounties, because that's fun right?

Reality is, one player succeeded in running an actual competition for the game where an entire company failed.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:If this is ERP 3, how many live views did ERP 1 and 2 garner?

Or is it because of all the controversy (and thus, hype) over this streamer's announcement he is leaving for WoW Classic?

I think a lot of it is probably the hype/controversy as well as the event is getting spammed everywhere because they wanted to make it as huge as they possibly could either to prove a point or just to go out with a bang. I can't look at the gw2 subreddit right now because it's pretty bad. The controversy of "look what this one person did while anet does nothing"/"anet tried to back it but he insisted on using a 3rd party software anet didn't approve of" that I have seen some people spread is probably also contributing. It's a mess, and not even in the good get-your-popcorn kind of way. Instead I just feel sorta sad reading it.

I was unaware ArenaNet tried to back this. How do we know this?

What this all really tells me is that there is definitely a crowd for more "elitist" or "hardcore" content playing this game. ArenaNet has been catering to the casual crowd while doing very little for those who are into harder content. So I believe the "controversy" is fitting. If you like hardcore content, play a different game. Guild wars 2 doesn't deliver much for those kind of players.

@Yahkov.8217 said:I was unaware ArenaNet tried to back this. How do we know this?

teapot (host), had to choose between anet support or his camera addon (its against anet rules).

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:If this is ERP 3, how many live views did ERP 1 and 2 garner?

I dont know about ERP 1 view numbers, but i guess it was 2-3k. ERP 2 final had 5k viewers. And ERP 3 had 17k

@vyncius.6105 said:

@Yahkov.8217 said:I was unaware ArenaNet tried to back this. How do we know this?

teapot (host), had to choose between anet support or his camera addon (its against anet rules).

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:If this is ERP 3, how many live views did ERP 1 and 2 garner?

I dont know about ERP 1 view numbers, but i guess it was 2-3k. ERP 2 final had 5k viewers. And ERP 3 had 17k

Why do people keep saying that? Seems like some made up garbo from the spam in twitch chat.