Farming kralkatite ore - can this be made easier/quicker?

4 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

The fact that the solution is "buy it with Eternal Ice Shards" just proves the point that it needs another look. Honestly though, LW3 & 4 currencies need a look in general. They are incredibly stingy and time-gated if you play the content itself, and the best way to bypass this (in LW4's case, I don't think LW3 even has such a solution)... is to NOT play the content, which is just like... ???

When I was working on Vision I did the hearts with all my characters, takes like 15 minutes max per character. 75 Kralkatite per character. I made 675 Kralkatite a day just from hearts. Map completion gives 25, doing both metas give 15 each. Buying them with Eternal Ice is something you can do if you don't want to do what I mentioned before.

LWS3 has no such bypass, which is honestly worse. Getting 250 Blood Rubies and Jade Shards took me more effort than like 3000 Kralkatite.

4 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

I mean, imagine if you could only get like 100 Airship Parts a day by playing VB and then you had to use some other currency to speed it up. HoT currencies are farmable and it helps keep the maps populated at least somewhat. Time-gating LW currencies and being generally stingy with them might have made some sense on release to prevent people from burning through it too fast (I assume they were doing one map at a time), but after it stops being the latest content, there is no reason to maintain such absurd design.

Out of the two materials Airship Parts are the ones that are worse to get. Airship Parts are also gated with Crowbars. No crowbar? No Airship Part. 
You also can't say it prevents people from burning through it too fast, since outside Kralkatite Ingots everything is extremely cheap.

Edited by IAmNotMatthew.1058
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

When I was working on Vision I did the hearts with all my characters, takes like 15 minutes max per character. 75 Kralkatite per character. I made 675 Kralkatite a day just from hearts. Map completion gives 25, doing both metas give 15 each. Buying them with Eternal Ice is something you can do if you don't want to do what I mentioned before.

LWS3 has no such bypass, which is honestly worse. Getting 250 Blood Rubies and Jade Shards took me more effort than like 3000 Kralkatite.

Out of the two materials Airship Parts are the ones that are worse to get. Airship Parts are also gated with Crowbars. No crowbar? No Airship Part. 
You also can't say it prevents people from burning through it too fast, since outside Kralkatite Ingots everything is extremely cheap.

Crowbars are not time-gated though and are easy to come by just doing the map events, which also give some Airship Parts and don't have daily Airship Part limitations on them. These two things are not the same. LW currencies are explicitly time-gated if you do the map content itself and you just explained how you bypassed one of the gates by using multiple characters, which just reinforces my point about how screwy the system is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

The content IS the intended way to acquire the season materials.

The ice shard conversion IS the larer added optional "fix" implemented.

The "problem" was already solved. This goes even further with the 250 of each materials rewarded with the return to achievements. Those are ADDITIONAL optional, and in this case very effective, ways to get season 4 materials. 

Having optional ways of acquiring materials does not in the least mean that said magerial acquisition methods need to be inflated even more, unless you want to make an argument that the current acqusition methods need to be reduced again.

Airship parts are keys, not the respective material. HoT currencies also do not convert as lucrative into materials as season 3 and 4 materials do, in part BECAUSE they are so ambudantly available. Season 3 and 4 materials directly convert into multiple items needed for high end crafting and thus gold.

By now s3 and s4 materials can be acquired at a very large pace per day. There is absolutely 0 need to increase this amount, especially with considering which other material and economic variable are affected.

Inceasing s3 and s4 material acqusition even further is literally nothing but increasing the wealth/h gain at the expense of other content which competes with the convertable materials.

I dont think that making not playing the relevant content the best way to acquire that content's currency/rewards is necessarily a good thing (even if I have used it myself). 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Crowbars are not time-gated though and are easy to come by just doing the map events, which also give some Airship Parts and don't have daily Airship Part limitations on them. These two things are not the same. LW currencies are explicitly time-gated if you do the map content itself and you just explained how you bypassed one of the gates by using multiple characters, which just reinforces my point about how screwy the system is.

You are not bypassing anything by using multiple characters to do renown hearts on Istan to get Istan's map currency. Renown Hearts and metas are map content.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

You are not bypassing anything by using multiple characters to do renown hearts on Istan to get Istan's map currency. Renown Hearts and metas are map content.

This right here.  Playing the map to get the map currency on multiple characters is all intended gameplay.  This is why every account has multiple character slots.    Also, you are able to farm sufficient quantities of ore for daily purposes just by playing the map.  I suspect some in this thread believe that thousands of ore should be farmable by a single character in a single day so as to finish all relevant achievements in a single day.  This is a completely unrealistic expectation.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Go jadebot on them if you have eod.

there is a module for the jadebot which automatically turns trash you loot into jade-slivers.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Recycler:_Jade_Slivers

from the jade-slivers you can buy a ls4 currency crate from a jade servitor in arborstone. This way you dont need to farm what you dont like. The servitor got other currency as well to trade for jade slivers.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jade_Sliver

Edited by SlateSloan.3654
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

The LW currencies need to actually be accessible for people who need them for the main items they were meant to be spent on, not made hard to get because excess can be profited off of.

These currencies aren't hard to get through solo gameplay and there's multiple ways to get them if you're afraid of getting burned out. In no way they are "inaccessible", so maybe don't just randomly drop an irrelevant buzzword and pretend you're correct when you're not.

And in the end, these are just skins. As usual: don't want to get them? Then don't. Want to get them? Well, then it should be clear that you need to do something in order to get them -and by "do something" I don't mean "wait it out and then complain on the forum about making the rewards easier since x time passed already and it somehow makes the currency inaccessible!". It really doesn't.

9 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

True.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

OK, why is 1 handed weapon also costing 50 Kralkatite ingots? Shouldn't it be 25 Kralkatite ingots instead? How to do 6 if each cost a whopping 500 Kralkatite ores? And to think of doing the entire collection?? 

Did the Istan metas. Each slash chest only contains 1 or none Kralkatite ore. Each Sunspear cache is just 1 ore.

Even meta completion don't reward Kralkatitie ore or ingots. Only by winning bossfight you can get 15 Krakatite ore pieces. At this rate I will camp my toons at Istan for months

One mitigating solution is to make Kralkatite ingots buyable at TP. And meta complete should award maybe 1 krakatite ingot. Makes sense?

Edited by medivh.4725
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

First off, wow this is a nice necro. Second, speaking as someone who finished the weapons ages ago, I still wish it was easier to farm it. When I was doing it (and probably still) the best way was meteorite farming, but not only was that tedious and extremely unfun, it usually ended in a bunfight of people yelling at each other for using the wrong skills and not knowing what to do (whilst also helpfully never explaining it either). I only got mine finished by mapping it an absolute crudton. Same sort of thing goes for a lot of other maps, I was glad of being able to camp the Draconis JP as a full map clear rewards an entire 5 orchids.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I just finished vision a month ago or so.

Kralkatite ore is super easy to get. The hearts complete really fast. Eternal Ice is a nice alternative.

Powdered rose quartz could use an update. The meteor farm is tedious in the way it is designed. I farmed about a weapon and a half in between PvP matches, then gave up and bought the rest on the TP.

The problem is the 15 minute timer really keeps you from doing much else but waiting. The amount of rose quartz should be increased per meteor, or there should also be a chance to get it from nodes or other events.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

The amount of rose quartz should be increased per meteor, or there should also be a chance to get it from nodes or other events.

I found the best way to get this is the home instance node, as that guarantees powdered rose quartz (and even has a decent chance of giving a full one) each day. Both of my accounts are swimming in the stuff due to home instance farming a couple of times a week 😉 .

When I crafted the weapons for the legendary collection, my problem was ore, while I had quartz in abundance. Only afterwards I found out that most people's problem is the other way around.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

I found the best way to get this is the home instance node, as that guarantees powdered rose quartz (and even has a decent chance of giving a full one) each day. Both of my accounts are swimming in the stuff due to home instance farming a couple of times a week 😉 .

When I crafted the weapons for the legendary collection, my problem was ore, while I had quartz in abundance. Only afterwards I found out that most people's problem is the other way around.

50 gold for the node, but you could buy all the rose quartz you need for about 60 gold.

I get that afterward you could continue to sell rose quartz you get from the node, so it pays off in the long run. But it didn't seem like a real solution to one of the most tedious parts of getting Vision.

• Like 1

50 gold for the node, but you could buy all the rose quartz you need for about 60 gold.

I get that afterward you could continue to sell rose quartz you get from the node, so it pays off in the long run. But it didn't seem like a real solution to one of the most tedious parts of getting Vision.

It probably isn't if you're one of the people that measure anything and everything in game in gold, but that's not the way everybody looks at things.

Personally I've unlocked all the home instance nodes from living world maps (any any others I can unlock through playing rather than the gem store) because I enjoy filling up my home instance, and I go in there a couple of times a week because it's something enjoyable to do (or even just a quick way to do dailies 😉 ).

And then there's always the option of harvesting in somebody else's home instance. I do take along friends and guildies regularly, so the node probably would've paid for itself a few times over ... if I'd ever bothered to sell the stuff. Actually I never have, but I have given away a couple of stacks of powdered quartz on occasion due to it clogging up my (extended) material storage.

• Like 1

Just now, Rasimir.6239 said:

It probably isn't if you're one of the people that measure anything and everything in game in gold, but that's not the way everybody looks at things.

Personally I've unlocked all the home instance nodes from living world maps (any any others I can unlock through playing rather than the gem store) because I enjoy filling up my home instance, and I go in there a couple of times a week because it's something enjoyable to do (or even just a quick way to do dailies 😉 ).

And then there's always the option of harvesting in somebody else's home instance. I do take along friends and guildies regularly, so the node probably would've paid for itself a few times over ... if I'd ever bothered to sell the stuff. Actually I never have, but I have given away a couple of stacks of powdered quartz on occasion due to it clogging up my (extended) material storage.

I don't always measure everything in gold, but you're certainly right it's a matter of perspective.

When I was looking at it, I had a big portion of Vision 1 done and had already gotten 1 1/2 weapons worth of rose quartz through meteor mining, so the node looked like more money than I needed to finish Vision with the added disadvantage of slowing completion down to whatever time it was going to take to mine that one node daily through the rest of the required rose quartz.

I imagine the calculation also has a lot to do with what kind of gold flow you are used to. I play pretty casually, and don't spend 50g casually. I know for some 50g is a casual purchase.

I'm still confused about how they expected meteor farming to work. It's not practical to do much of anything in the zone while simultaneously being ready to jet off to a meteor. And the time it takes to mine that much rose quartz means staying in the zone long after you've really exhausted everything else it offers. Did they really expect every person who does vision to grab the home node? Or most to just go ahead and TP most of the rose quartz?

I can't get my head around the design intent for this particular thing.

I know funerary incense is one of the other things players hit in pursuit of Vision. But to me, that material makes a lot more sense. With the different ways you can buy it, just spending time in PoF will get you there. Rose quartz doesn't work that way at all.

• Like 1

Not sure if others have already mentioned this extra little bit about getting them from the hearts, but you can buy them from the heart vendor per character each day. I have 20+ characters that I did this with when I was farming those kitten things. I had a route of going around the zone for the heart to get it done very quickly on each character. I got the large amount needed for things like Vision and such real quick.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, SlateSloan.3654 said:

Go jadebot on them if you have eod.

there is a module for the jadebot which automatically turns trash you loot into jade-slivers.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Recycler:_Jade_Slivers

from the jade-slivers you can buy a ls4 currency crate from a jade servitor in arborstone. This way you dont need to farm what you dont like. The servitor got other currency as well to trade for jade slivers.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jade_Sliver

I hope you are joking.

I've had the jade sliver recycler around 2weeks after EoD release. I don't always play on the characters with it equipped but I haven't spent any of the slivers I acquired. I am at 725 slivers. That is 175 Kralkatite Ores ...

I'm still confused about how they expected meteor farming to work. It's not practical to do much of anything in the zone while simultaneously being ready to jet off to a meteor. And the time it takes to mine that much rose quartz means staying in the zone long after you've really exhausted everything else it offers. Did they really expect every person who does vision to grab the home node? Or most to just go ahead and TP most of the rose quartz?

They are 15 minutes apart. That is plenty of time to do other things.

2 stacks of powered rose quartz is required per weapon. ANet is probably not expecting most people to craft the full set. A bit of gathering yourself and a bit purchasing if you want to speed it up is not that much. Of course this also depends on how impatient you might be. I have both sets of astral and stellar weapons but that was completed only a couple weeks ago. On the other hand that was done almost completely passively via the home instance node.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

I hope you are joking.

I've had the jade sliver recycler around 2weeks after EoD release. I don't always play on the characters with it equipped but I haven't spent any of the slivers I acquired. I am at 725 slivers. That is 175 Kralkatite Ores ...

2 stacks of powered rose quartz is required per weapon. ANet is probably not expecting most people to craft the full set. A bit of gathering yourself and a bit purchasing if you want to speed it up is not that much. Of course this also depends on how impatient you might be. I have both sets of astral and stellar weapons but that was completed only a couple weeks ago. On the other hand that was done almost completely passively via the home instance node.

15 minutes is a very awkward plenty of time to do other things. With the time it takes to get to the meteor, tag it, clear mobs, do the mining, then return to other things, you’re sneaking in events, but maybe abandoning them part way through for the next meteor.

Hearts or node runs work because you can easily abandon and return, but those get done pretty quickly.

I don’t want it to seem like I care about it more than I do. I didn’t come here and make a thread about it when I was in the process. Just thought I’d mention it in conjunction with the thread about k ore. There’re straight forward ways of getting ore. Rose quartz, though, seems to be 1. Buy the home node, 2. Buy on TP 3. Do a long, awkwardly designed farm.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

I hope you are joking.

So you admit you dont always play on the character you got the recycler equipped but are hoping that im joking… conversation end dude im not gonna explain to you how to use it properly and will just block you now lol.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

After just finding out you can get kralk with jade slivers I did exactly that since I'm also slowly going through Vision achievements and need to make the 6 astral weapons. Then without thinking clearly about it, I right clicked and instead of storing I converted 125 of them to volatile magic. You could say I was somewhat disappointed.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Well there's heart vendors. I bought the node and it gives both powdered quartz and ore, great investment. I basically farmed what i needed passively while working on ascension. It's also been nice side cash. 

I periodically bought powdered quartz to keep things balanced in terms of progress.

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 7 months later...

One other source of rose quartz is not open to everyone, but there is a bulletin board thing you can buy from the gem store that allows you to automatically farm materials from different zones - one of them being Istan.  Everyday, I get my sign in reward and that bulletin board system also delivers a box filled with materials.  I think Rose Quartz is only used in the Irradiated Vision Crystal recipe so you won't need much of it.  The rose quartz powder (5-10) is obtained from salvaging rose quartz itself, so getting a handful of them isn't a huge chore.

Ore really isn't that big an issue. There's a fair number of sources of ore. The issues are things like the disproportionately costly price of the 6 Astral weapons, or the buggy meteor events (sometimes can't be interacted with, or the brandstone that's an utter mess), or the silly way rose quartz works, or the long wait between meteord which then need 5 people at them to provide any meaningful reward.

It's just all-round awful. Something like 3k ore, 3k rose, 300 ecto and everything else for some weapons with skins no one cares about. The Stellar ones are a little better, but even more expensive to craft, and only very recently even applied for the Vision collection.